Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Will TESO / ESO kill this game?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Community Content
Will TESO / ESO kill this game?

TheSupaCoopa
03.05.2014 , 01:33 PM | #11
Duran'del here:

No. While this game is by no means perfect, it is still a great game. And it's Star Wars, which means that it has millions of devotes fans in the franchise. Personally, I love this game.

I've never been a fan of ESO. I know a lot of people like it, but it just doesn't look very fun to me.

And don't even get me started on Wild star. That game is a TOTAL RIP-OFF of every single popular Sci-fi Franchise. The combat looks HORRIBLE. The graphics look way too outdated and cartoony, and its plot is just plain DUMB.
The Valiance Legacy, Begeren Colony
"I don't get paid to do the easy jobs, ma'am."- Republic Trooper
Current 50's and 55's

vPLethality AmillarArturon

Tatile
03.05.2014 , 01:47 PM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by OddballEasyEight View Post
The third one is that it Is too focused on PvP at the end-game.
I heard it doesn't have raid content (presumably it has some form of dungeon system instead?), which, if true, is an interesting move.

But from what I've seen and heard, it's another (generic) fantasy game. Yay.

(I tried out Neverwinter I think it was, because my husband asked me to - tiefling = yay, rest was kind of ok. Character customisation left a lot to be desired and I named all the "companions" Dave. Did the same thing in FF14 with my chocobo. The game was way to pretty for my liking, which is weird, but there you go.)

Grendel_Prime
03.05.2014 , 01:59 PM | #13
I can only speak for myself. I haven't actually logged into SW: TOR since I first played ESO. It's not that ESO is "ohmygodawesome!" though I do enjoy it quite a bit, its that this game simply doesn't hold any appeal for me any longer and until such time as there's content that does I'll play (and pay) elsewhere.

I don't think ESO or Wildstar will kill this game, just like neither of them will kill WoW or any other game. People will play what they think is fun and for many that's still this game. I'm going to ESO but I know that down the road I'll be back here, when there's enough content that appeals to me.

Tatile
03.05.2014 , 02:23 PM | #14
Quote: Originally Posted by Grendel_Prime View Post
I don't think ESO or Wildstar will kill this game, just like neither of them will kill WoW or any other game. People will play what they think is fun and for many that's still this game. I'm going to ESO but I know that down the road I'll be back here, when there's enough content that appeals to me.
SWTOR having a F2P/Pref system means that at least it's easier for ex-subscribers to come back and check on new content, perhaps even have a trial run of it, without having to rely on forums or what the developers say.

LanceCorporalDan
03.05.2014 , 05:05 PM | #15
Quote: Originally Posted by MyaDragon View Post
Lovey, we might see a drop when people go to investigate ESO and see if it's worth playing or not. It typically happens when something new pops up.

Yet:
Some might stay without even considering ESO.
Some might say goodbye and leave for good.
Some might say goodbye but come back after a length of time.

It generally depends on the person in question. As for it being an "MMO Killer", that is one opinion that's really up in the air at this point. A lot of fans point fingers at MMOs and say "So and So will destroy this game when it's released".
My opinion, personally? SWTOR has kept on trucking for a good two years. I think it's still got some life left in it no matter what another fanbase says. ^.~
I can agree with this. I will play ESO because I have enjoyed the beta and like its different style. However it is not going to kill the game.
Neves - 55 Vanguard
Dahkaras - 55 AssassinKeelaran - 55Juggernaut
Kalkaran - 55 MercenaryKallim - 55 Operative

Pingonaut
03.05.2014 , 09:04 PM | #16
Will GW2 kill this game?

Oh, a bit late to the party, I guess.

Sinapus
03.05.2014 , 09:39 PM | #17
Quote: Originally Posted by Jeweledleah View Post
I think this topic is new and exciting (that was sarcasm btw)
Seems like at least once per week.
"You have no right to pass judgement on me!" "By your own actions, you appear to believe that might makes right." "I don't like where this is going." "Oh, good. I was hoping you wouldn't."
-Schlock Mercenary

OddballEasyEight
03.06.2014 , 12:29 AM | #18
Quote: Originally Posted by Tatile View Post
I heard it doesn't have raid content (presumably it has some form of dungeon system instead?), which, if true, is an interesting move.

But from what I've seen and heard, it's another (generic) fantasy game. Yay.

(I tried out Neverwinter I think it was, because my husband asked me to - tiefling = yay, rest was kind of ok. Character customisation left a lot to be desired and I named all the "companions" Dave. Did the same thing in FF14 with my chocobo. The game was way to pretty for my liking, which is weird, but there you go.)
You should try out ESO if you like character cusomisation

eastevil
03.06.2014 , 12:38 AM | #19
To me and most of my friends living in Australia we're just biding our time until another game comes up. This game is almost unplayable with lag spikes hitting up to 4000 almost constantly.

Will this kill the game? Probably not, but you'll definitely see a noticeable drop in population during Oceanic/SEA prime time.

eastevil
03.06.2014 , 01:34 AM | #20
To me and most of my friends living in Australia we're just biding our time until another game comes up. This game is almost unplayable with lag spikes hitting up to 4000 almost constantly.

Will this kill the game? Probably not, but you'll definitely see a noticeable drop in population during Oceanic/SEA prime time.