Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

The BattleZone Winner's Bracket Match 4: Kit Fisto vs. Savage Opress

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > STAR WARS Discussion
The BattleZone Winner's Bracket Match 4: Kit Fisto vs. Savage Opress

tunewalker
03.03.2014 , 04:45 PM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by Aurbere View Post
The arena is the BattleZone, as it has been since the start of Round 2. I can post the details if need be, again.
Please sorry I have completely forgotten it thanks

Aurbere
03.03.2014 , 04:46 PM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by Beniboybling View Post
Actually you know what, I think Savage can take this. And here's why.

1. Raw power: In so far pretty much nobody has been able to endure the raw power that Savage can dish out.
Plo Koon did, cause he's awesome (don't make me explain the battle again, just take my word for it, lol)

5. Darth Sidious: Kit Fisto vs Sidious - dead in 5 seconds. Savage vs Sidious - dead in 15. Yeah I went there. And before you say "oh Sidious was toying with him!" Sidious is in a constant state of glee in all his duels, even against Windu and Yoda. Oh, was he toying with Yoda and Windu too? I highly doubt that. Fisto was just too slow. Savage wins.[/COLOR]
You're ignoring the circumstance here. Remember that even Mace Windu was caught off guard by Sidious' speed (confirmed in G-canon sources). Are we going to say that Savage is faster than Mace Windu? No, let's not.
Added Chapter 40 to The Shadows Fall
"Your only hope to survive is to give in to the rage boiling within you, to acknowledge the Dark Side you deny, and tap into it!"--Darth Tyranus

Aurbere
03.03.2014 , 04:48 PM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by tunewalker View Post
Please sorry I have completely forgotten it thanks
Here it is:

Spoiler
"Your only hope to survive is to give in to the rage boiling within you, to acknowledge the Dark Side you deny, and tap into it!"--Darth Tyranus

Beniboybling
03.03.2014 , 04:52 PM | #14
Plo Koon did, cause he's awesome (don't make me explain the battle again, just take my word for it, lol)
Sorry but no. Plo Koon let his guard down and was beaten. Regardless of the circumstances he wasn't doing much better than anyone else. All he did was like scratch his leg or something. Great.
Quote:
You're ignoring the circumstance here. Remember that even Mace Windu was caught off guard by Sidious' speed (confirmed in G-canon sources). Are we going to say that Savage is faster than Mace Windu? No, let's not.
Because Savage wasn't caught off guard by Sidious' speed either? He died Aurbere. And the novel explicitly states that Savage left an opening, thought he could close it, but Sidious moved to fast and struck.

Windu didn't die, he held his own even in the initial bout. I don't deny Sidious speed but given that no evidence suggests Sidious was moving any slower in the battle against Savage and Maul than he was against Windu and co. the fact remains that against that opponent, Savage lasted longer. And he had no back up from Windu either.

I take that to mean Savage is faster.

Aurbere
03.03.2014 , 05:04 PM | #15
Sorry but no. Plo Koon let his guard down and was beaten. Regardless of the circumstances he wasn't doing much better than anyone else. All he did was like scratch his leg or something. Great.
I'm not going to bother explaining the battle to you for the umpteenth time, nor will I argue with you about speed, because you are using a very circumstantial means of comparison.

Beniboybling
03.03.2014 , 05:14 PM | #16
I'm not going to bother explaining the battle to you for the umpteenth time, nor will I argue with you about speed, because you are using a very circumstantial means of comparison.
As you wish. I suggest you get to the Kaggath instead.

Aurbere
03.03.2014 , 05:20 PM | #17
As you wish. I suggest you get to the Kaggath instead.
OK, see you there.

*Walks away*

tunewalker
03.03.2014 , 07:16 PM | #18
I would argue that Opress knew more of Sidious's abilities then Fisto did. He knew that Sidious was going to be fast and dangerous thanks to his brother, and as I have stated in the past it may not have been about toying with Savage it was likely about waiting to allow Maul to see his brothers death. He wants to break Maul so if Maul was unconsioce when he kills Savage it doesnt send as strong a message as if he lets Maul see him kill Savage.

just 2 cents.

Aurbere
03.03.2014 , 07:41 PM | #19
Well, I'll wait to see if anybody else argues in favor of Fisto before I commit. Honestly, Beni, debating you in these matches is rather tedious and boring. Not to say that debating you is boring, but I'm not actually debating, just arguing for the sake of arguing. Sure I'll debate Plo Koon vs. Savage*, but that doesn't really matter here.

So come on out Fisto supporters!

*For the record, Savage could not overwhelm Plo Koon. He only won through circumstance. A victory, true, but not in a way that is applicable to this situation. Non-negotiable.

ShadowMudkip
03.03.2014 , 09:21 PM | #20
Well, I'll wait to see if anybody else argues in favor of Fisto before I commit. Honestly, Beni, debating you in these matches is rather tedious and boring. Not to say that debating you is boring, but I'm not actually debating, just arguing for the sake of arguing. Sure I'll debate Plo Koon vs. Savage*, but that doesn't really matter here.

So come on out Fisto supporters!

*For the record, Savage could not overwhelm Plo Koon. He only won through circumstance. A victory, true, but not in a way that is applicable to this situation. Non-negotiable.
Very Well, I shall support the Fisto!!! Buuuut it will have to wait till tomorrow.
JediCovenant
The Veir Legacy
Mairick-Assassin Mylius-Sorcerer
Kaidin-Mercenary