Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

There is a Maker. Korriban is Saved!

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > STAR WARS Discussion
There is a Maker. Korriban is Saved!

AlrikFassbauer
02.24.2014 , 01:56 PM | #21
Thank you. Sounds good.

Anyway, look at 1:44 / 1:45 on that trailer ... These faces remind me of the Obroan gear masks ...
<S-key to victory> Because quad wheel is always better than dual wheel.

Stretchie
02.24.2014 , 04:05 PM | #22
Has anyone thought that maybe Korriban and Moriband are one and the same, just different names for the same place?
IMPS: Lurrch, Stretchie, Sornada, Larrgo, Largeone, Hotblackchick,
Bigoli, Kashava, Cattch, and Autdad, server Shadowlands
PUBS: Rebrac, Shandral, Quarrol, Goldeyes, Dater, server Shadowlands

Beniboybling
02.24.2014 , 04:09 PM | #23
Quote: Originally Posted by Stretchie View Post
Has anyone thought that maybe Korriban and Moriband are one and the same, just different names for the same place?
Ancient spirits of mystical importance seem to think otherwise.

ShadowMudkip
02.24.2014 , 04:55 PM | #24
Quote: Originally Posted by Beniboybling View Post
Ancient spirits of mystical importance seem to think otherwise.
Im under the impression that Moriband is something of a second Korriban.
JediCovenant
The Veir Legacy
Mairick-Assassin Mylius-Sorcerer
Kaidin-Mercenary

OldVengeance
02.24.2014 , 09:22 PM | #25
It looks AMAZING! But, but, but... NOOOOOOOOOOO!

EDIT: How are they going to reconcile this with Korriban Lore i.e. SWTOR? A different planet perhaps?

My guess is: no more Korriban.

Man the Thread title was really jumping the gun on this one.

Beniboybling
02.25.2014 , 02:52 AM | #26
Quote: Originally Posted by OldVengeance View Post
My guess is: no more Korriban.

Man the Thread title was really jumping the gun on this one.
Considering Korriban is a major part of EU lore, I think a more elegant solution is required.

And I did say that this was not 100% certain. Apologies if I got your hopes up.

Girdeux
02.25.2014 , 03:31 AM | #27
Considering Korriban is a major part of EU lore, I think a more elegant solution is required.
When the episode comes out it will give a pretty good indication of what will happen to EU lore surrounding the Kotor era and before. If it mentions the first sith being Darth Ruin or the "real" sith species. I have a 99% certainty the episode will not mention anything regarding the sith species. We gotta remember here according to TCW continuity, Moriband almost has no lore surrounding it.

OldVengeance
02.25.2014 , 04:37 AM | #28

And I did say that this was not 100% certain. Apologies if I got your hopes up.
Is there going to be a "solution"? I wouldn't expect one to be possible. This could just be them dumping the entire EU altogether.

Without Korriban you can't have the any of the events from the the Hundred Year Darkness to the Great Hyperspace War onto anything up to the New Sith Wars. Which would have to be renamed. Not only would every Sith Lord before Darth Ruin be decanonized, but all the novels and comics surrounding Darth Bane would be too because even though he's part of Lucas' backstory, all the stories about him feature references to Revan and Exar Kun.

But if Morriband is really the "ancient birthplace of the Sith" and at the center of the galaxy like that one other report said, you can't have Korriban.

I suppose it's impossible to predict until the episode comes out but by the Clone Wars retconing one of the oldest and most well established planets in the Expanded Universe, I think this is a sign that the EU is not even slightly respected.

Girdeux
02.25.2014 , 04:48 AM | #29
Quote: Originally Posted by OldVengeance View Post
until the episode comes out but I think this is a sign that the EU is not even slightly respected.
This is already well known though. Majority of the higher ups in lucasfilm have already stated the EU isnt canon. Even TCW showrunner Dave Filoni has come out and stated that it isnt canon..It should give you a pretty good indication that Lucasfilm has recently ordered Hasbro to stop making any EU character figures.

The EU fanatics were warned of this a long time ago...so im not sure why they are having a cry now.

OldVengeance
02.25.2014 , 04:53 AM | #30
I know, I suppose the part I didn't expect was for them to go out of their way to essentially jettison the whole thing all at once.