Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

Official Petition: Please DO NOT create another tier of PvP gear for 2.7

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
Official Petition: Please DO NOT create another tier of PvP gear for 2.7

ParagonAX's Avatar


ParagonAX
02.21.2014 , 10:26 AM | #1
Ever since Tait let it slip that 2.7 will bring another tier of PvP gear here, there has been a flood of posts imploring BW to rethink the decision.

The point of this thread is to collect those concerns so they won't be lost in the Bolster thread.

A new PvP tier is not progression. It is just needless grinding that does nothing for PvPers. If you want to fix gear, please just fix bolster so that Obroan is BiS.

Just from that one thread alone, in less than 24 hours, here are the concerns posted by the community on the issue:

Spoiler
GM of <Triumph>

BubblŽs | Missbehavžn | Stormrayne | Firerayne | Radžance | Ggclose

The <Confirmed> Legacy

Consider supporting me and Triumph by clicking my referral link here

sithBracer's Avatar


sithBracer
02.21.2014 , 10:30 AM | #2
The only thing this will do is stop tait from posting anything ever again-similar to eric.
Ma'kaela - jedi shadow in training
MŠkaela - assassin in the shadows

InfraredGamer's Avatar


InfraredGamer
02.21.2014 , 10:31 AM | #3
Yeah more gear is not needed, just fixes to the pvp.
/signedwithblood

ParagonAX's Avatar


ParagonAX
02.21.2014 , 10:32 AM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by sithBracer View Post
The only thing this will do is stop tait from posting anything ever again-similar to eric.
I fail to see why that would be the case. I'm trying to provide constructive feedback to the devs, based on what they have told us. It is not whining, or insulting Tait or Eric in any way.

If anything (and if I were in their shoes), these kinds of posts would encourage them to share more information to receive feedback from the community.

Isn't that what they wanted?
GM of <Triumph>

BubblŽs | Missbehavžn | Stormrayne | Firerayne | Radžance | Ggclose

The <Confirmed> Legacy

Consider supporting me and Triumph by clicking my referral link here

Evolixe's Avatar


Evolixe
02.21.2014 , 10:32 AM | #5
As I told you, the real PvPers don't want any gear progression. Keep the balance through equality in set stats. Create a ui that enables people to customize stat balances and introduce only vanity rewards.

Everybody happy.
Evolixe Twitch Exilove

Laforet's Avatar


Laforet
02.21.2014 , 10:55 AM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by Evolixe View Post
As I told you, the real PvPers don't want any gear progression. Keep the balance through equality in set stats. Create a ui that enables people to customize stat balances and introduce only vanity rewards.

Everybody happy.
We agree.
Believer - Seer - Fatman - RETIRED

Technohic's Avatar


Technohic
02.21.2014 , 10:57 AM | #7
If you ever PvP outside of a warzone, you will see the need for gear progression as a PvPer. (notice I didn't specify it has to be specifically "PvP" gear) I don't care for it on a treadmill of repetitive warzones, but it is a necessary evil. Otherwise, you are going to be outmatched to the inflating stats on PvE gear in the open world. For as little often as that happens, I still would rather not relegate myself to only existing in a Q somewhere while standing safely on the fleet or being forced to go to PvE to get up to level.

Nomorefat's Avatar


Nomorefat
02.21.2014 , 10:58 AM | #8
Why not ?

'cause you consider obtaining 24k regular WZ comms is GRIND ?

Did you ever play any of the old school MMOs where it took YEARS, sometimes, to gather enough resources to obtain what you wanted ? Or levelling at .01% per hour ?

Kids these days and their instant gratification mentality... sigh

Leet stuufz shoudl take hard work and dedication to get. As it is everyone and their grandmas can have BiS gear in a reasonnable time.

@ the pseudo real PvPer that thinks gear shouldn't matter ? GW2 is right there. As it is right now you can be competitive due to bolster in any gear.

ParagonAX's Avatar


ParagonAX
02.21.2014 , 10:59 AM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by Technohic View Post
If you ever PvP outside of a warzone, you will see the need for gear progression as a PvPer. (notice I didn't specify it has to be specifically "PvP" gear) I don't care for it on a treadmill of repetitive warzones, but it is a necessary evil. Otherwise, you are going to be outmatched to the inflating stats on PvE gear in the open world. For as little often as that happens, I still would rather not relegate myself to only existing in a Q somewhere while standing safely on the fleet or being forced to go to PvE to get up to level.
I PvP outside of warzones often. Obroan absolutely destroys 78s. Even if they add 2 more tiers of PvE gear, Obroan will still wreck PvE gear in open world.
GM of <Triumph>

BubblŽs | Missbehavžn | Stormrayne | Firerayne | Radžance | Ggclose

The <Confirmed> Legacy

Consider supporting me and Triumph by clicking my referral link here

ParagonAX's Avatar


ParagonAX
02.21.2014 , 11:02 AM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by Nomorefat View Post
Why not ?

'cause you consider obtaining 24k regular WZ comms is GRIND ?

Did you ever play any of the old school MMOs where it took YEARS, sometimes, to gather enough resources to obtain what you wanted ? Or levelling at .01% per hour ?

Kids these days and their instant gratification mentality... sigh
No-one asked for "instant gratification", or free gear. We just don't want another grind.

And yes, it is a grind. Regardless of time investment, there is absolutely no benefit of having another tier of PvP gear. That's the crux of the problem.

And thanks for being stuck in decade old mentalities.
GM of <Triumph>

BubblŽs | Missbehavžn | Stormrayne | Firerayne | Radžance | Ggclose

The <Confirmed> Legacy

Consider supporting me and Triumph by clicking my referral link here