Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Kuat, planetary comms, 55, why?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Kuat, planetary comms, 55, why?

Grayseven
02.04.2014 , 12:54 PM | #21
I prefer planetary over basic. I can do more with planetary as far as low level alts are concerned.
Sometimes you narfle the Garthok, sometimes the Garthok narfles you.

kirorx
02.04.2014 , 01:04 PM | #22
I was only able to que for the 55 one, the other one was greyed out and said 15-54 i think

I dont remember what I got for it but the flashpoint was ridiculously easy and took very little time and we just ran around hitting stuff, heck there is only 1 boss in the whole thing....what could we really expect from it, certainly not elite comms. Maybe a couple basic comms...but it was SUPER EASY.
Watch the Clowder of Cather in this video http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=j7uTcYvoEbU

Rufussay
02.04.2014 , 02:40 PM | #23
Honestly, It's kind of nice to have a quick way to grind planetary comms at L55 (other than dailies). We already have plenty of ways to grind basic comms (L50 HM and Czerka SM), and this is helpful for gearing up alts, I guess.

But I am curious whether this was by design.

DarthOvertone
02.04.2014 , 02:56 PM | #24
Quote: Originally Posted by Infernixx View Post
Or buy boxes that have chances of dropping highly valued Orange pieces, like the X-52 Sniper rifle.
I don't PvE much, but most of my toons are maxed out on Planetary comms. Where can my toons get the purple boxes that potentially have the drops you mention?
War Hero Alphabolt - Garbage S1 & S2-Champion Van | The Bastion
Conqueror Alphazen - Shadow | Battlemaster Alphabain - Scoundrel | War Hero Alphanoob - PT
Jung Ma | Conqueror Alphabond - Sniper | Conqueror Alphamaul - Marauder | Battlemaster Alphafett - Mercenary
I See Your Schwartz Is As Big As Mine!

Ottoattack
02.04.2014 , 03:38 PM | #25
Quote: Originally Posted by Icebergy View Post
Basic comms have zero value to me as well.
Elite comms have zero value to me as well.
Ultimate comms have zero value to me as well.

If you still care about comms for anything other than alts, you are not a top level player.

Oh...you meant...top level as in level 55. OK nevermind, I guess.
Well sir not everyone is 10/10 on DF and DS HM. But no one also needs planetary comms at level 55. The only time you need planetary comms is when you just turn lvl 50 on a toon, then fully deck in 58 gear, then never ever use planetary comms again. Level 55 content dropping planetary comms is a really bad joke.

Elminster_cs
02.04.2014 , 04:01 PM | #26
Quote: Originally Posted by JattaGin View Post
I need plenty of planetary comms for the lockbox from Corellia that has a ~0,00001% drop chance for a Czerka crate-o-matic.
ahahahahahah i think is less 0,000000000000000001% is more accurate :P
Member of Dread Master. The Red Eclipse Italian Guild.

Mallorik
02.04.2014 , 04:08 PM | #27
Im glad they are putting Rep tokens on "mini bosses" now, if they would just go back and do it for the bonus bosses in the old fps it would be an improvement.

tanerb
02.04.2014 , 04:09 PM | #28
Quote: Originally Posted by DarthOvertone View Post
I don't PvE much, but most of my toons are maxed out on Planetary comms. Where can my toons get the purple boxes that potentially have the drops you mention?
From the planetary vendors on the fleet.

Infernixx
02.04.2014 , 04:10 PM | #29
Quote: Originally Posted by DarthOvertone View Post
You'd have to check the forums, but I believe the X-52 comes from a blue box from the voss vendor, but only from a particular one. Jeweled Storage, I believe, but you'd do well to check the google to be sure.
Quote: Originally Posted by EricMusco View Post
Infernixx nailed it. This is correct.
Quote: Originally Posted by CosmicKat View Post
There is no excuse for any single use item to ever cost more than a month's subscription. Anyone who pays $10 or $20 for a single use item is hastening the death of TOR and feeding the rise of TOR:The Cash Shop Menace.

tanerb
02.04.2014 , 04:41 PM | #30
Quote: Originally Posted by Infernixx View Post
You'd have to check the forums, but I believe the X-52 comes from a blue box from the voss vendor, but only from a particular one. Jeweled Storage, I believe, but you'd do well to check the google to be sure.
Is there any rare lightsaber coming out of those pack? It seems that I keep getting inheritance/birthright gear,