Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Kuat, planetary comms, 55, why?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Kuat, planetary comms, 55, why?

DarthTHC
02.04.2014 , 10:54 AM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by Fardarter View Post
My point is simply planetary comms have ZERO VALUE to a 55....
Disagree. I have yet to cap my planetary comms on my main, a 55 raiding tank. I keep spending them.

If the Tactical Flash Point is simple, I can see this as a reward. I could equally see planetary comms as a reward from the 55th level version of the flash point as an error on BioWare's part.

Fardarter
02.04.2014 , 10:56 AM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by DarthTHC View Post
Disagree. I have yet to cap my planetary comms on my main, a 55 raiding tank. I keep spending them.

If the Tactical Flash Point is simple, I can see this as a reward. I could equally see planetary comms as a reward from the 55th level version of the flash point as an error on BioWare's part.
LOL way to hedge your bets there!

hadoken
02.04.2014 , 10:59 AM | #13
I don't think they're considering this flashpoint as endgame/55 content really. I can't imagine it's supposed to be as difficult/rewarding as a heroic given anyone can walk in with any party and theoretically beat it.

JattaGin
02.04.2014 , 11:02 AM | #14
I need plenty of planetary comms for the lockbox from Corellia that has a ~0,00001% drop chance for a Czerka crate-o-matic.

tanerb
02.04.2014 , 11:03 AM | #15
Quote: Originally Posted by DarthTHC View Post
Spending on what? Purple Boxes which give Inheritance gear?

ItachiZaku
02.04.2014 , 11:04 AM | #16
Not preferred, but I can certainly use the extra P-Comms to gear alts.
"Be careful Preston. You're treading on my dreams. "

Infernixx
02.04.2014 , 11:12 AM | #17
Quote: Originally Posted by tanerb View Post
Spending on what? Purple Boxes which give Inheritance gear?
You can use them to gear your alts.

Or buy boxes that have chances of dropping highly valued Orange pieces, like the X-52 Sniper rifle.

Or you can buy mods/armorings/hilts and sell them on the GTN.
Quote: Originally Posted by EricMusco View Post
Infernixx nailed it. This is correct.
Quote: Originally Posted by CosmicKat View Post
There is no excuse for any single use item to ever cost more than a month's subscription. Anyone who pays $10 or $20 for a single use item is hastening the death of TOR and feeding the rise of TOR:The Cash Shop Menace.

Icebergy
02.04.2014 , 11:51 AM | #18
Quote: Originally Posted by Fardarter View Post
My point is simply planetary comms have ZERO VALUE to a 55.

I don't see how anyone can stand here and argue they do.

I just find it incredibly short sighted to offer NEW CONTENT which offers nothing for top level players, by the way the largest group of players in the game = TOP LEVEL.

Oh and the Speeder offered at the rep vender is GINORMOUS can't wait to see fleet clogged with them lol
Basic comms have zero value to me as well.
Elite comms have zero value to me as well.
Ultimate comms have zero value to me as well.

If you still care about comms for anything other than alts, you are not a top level player.

Oh...you meant...top level as in level 55. OK nevermind, I guess.
Unsubscribed due to no new Operations.
I am happy that there will be a renewed focus on story, I love story, its why I picked this MMO. But I picked an MMO, not an episodic single player RPG that I have to pay a subscription to receive the episodes.

Fardarter
02.04.2014 , 11:53 AM | #19
Quote: Originally Posted by Icebergy View Post
Basic comms have zero value to me as well.
Elite comms have zero value to me as well.
Ultimate comms have zero value to me as well.

If you still care about comms for anything other than alts, you are not a top level player.

Oh...you meant...top level as in level 55. OK nevermind, I guess.
LOL you sir are L33T

CabelHarn
02.04.2014 , 12:09 PM | #20
Won't be destroyed over it if it's left planetary comms but I agree as another poster said that this may have been in error and intended to be basic comms for 55.

I could use another way to intial gear new alts at 55, plus considering broken bolster and wanting to start playing PvP again with my main I need to re-gear her for broken bolster.
Sith N Slide Code
Peace is no fun, I like to kill things. Through killing, I gain skillz. Through skillz, I gain LAWLZ UNLIMITED POWA! Through LAWLZ UNLIMITED POWA!, I gain PWNAGE Through PWNAGE, we have a lot of laughs. The Force shall get me shiney things.

This is a referral link, if interested feel free to use it: http://www.swtor.com/r/XnxQx3