Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

exposed exovert...really...

DarthAeonis
02.04.2014 , 09:42 AM | #1
as one who worked really hard to get the battlemaster gear im highly annoyed that they made ANOTHER variant of a hard to obtain armor. I mean yea it not exactly like it but its very close and I feel like bioware is catering to the small minority of players who don't wanna work to obtain anything of value or wasn't around when it was available to the market. usually I don't post complaint threads but this really annoyed me.... anywho gj on everything else bioware.
"Evil is an illusion, there is only victory."

Lunafox
02.04.2014 , 01:39 PM | #2
It's missing the spikes on the shoulders that Battlemaster has. Exposed extrovert is really Thana Vesh's set with the chest ripped out.

They have no creativity in their souls at all.
No Individual class/companion story extensions, make it technically challenging to pay a sub!
~Take care everyone! May the Force be with you, always!~

Darth_Wicked
02.04.2014 , 01:43 PM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by DarthAeonis View Post
as one who worked really hard to get the battlemaster gear im highly annoyed that they made ANOTHER variant of a hard to obtain armor. I mean yea it not exactly like it but its very close and I feel like bioware is catering to the small minority of players who don't wanna work to obtain anything of value or wasn't around when it was available to the market. usually I don't post complaint threads but this really annoyed me.... anywho gj on everything else bioware.
This is absolute rubbish really.

They are EMPTY shells. I say again, EMPTY, as in, no purple mods in them. I have plenty of Rakata shells on my companions and characters and I wholeheartedly support the return of these, preferably as schematics so crafters can do something else, other than crafting augments or augment kits.

In other words, you can still shout from the highest floor on whatever Fleet you are on, that you STILL have your original Battlemaster shells, unlike the little people, who got theirs either from crafting or from the Cartel Market. If you're THAT hardcore, you can even ask people to check your gear, so they're sure the shells are artifact rated.
Click here for some FREE stuff ( Referral Link )
Quote: Originally Posted by Darth Marr
My "vision" is of an Empire ready to fight across the battlefield of life. That is all I require.

AlienEyeTX
02.04.2014 , 01:46 PM | #4
boo-freakin-hoo. You still have the gear with the stats. What's the issue?
Quote: Originally Posted by EricMusco View Post
thank AlienEyeTX for being ridiculously good at this game:

-eric

hadoken
02.04.2014 , 01:56 PM | #5
Honestly most of the people that buy/wear that suit probably have no idea a more covered version existed in the game at one point in time. They're just buying it to show off their chests.

i.e. you're not quite as special as you think you are

Caladhir
02.04.2014 , 02:04 PM | #6
-deleted-

Kheldryn
02.04.2014 , 02:14 PM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by Lunafox View Post
It's missing the spikes on the shoulders that Battlemaster has. Exposed extrovert is really Thana Vesh's set with the chest ripped out.

They have no creativity in their souls at all.
Actually there are many differences between Thana's and the Extrovert set.. I looked at both. Yes, the Cutout is the most obvious, but also there was Armor added to the Boots, Leggings are different, There are those tubes on the Gloves (Which the gloves also look different). After comparing the 2 I do like the Extrovert better.
"The cake is a lie, there is only pie. With pie goes cookies, with cookies, milk. Milk, It does a body good! Let the Force be your guide."

Lunafox
02.04.2014 , 02:37 PM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by Kheldryn View Post
Actually there are many differences between Thana's and the Extrovert set.. I looked at both. Yes, the Cutout is the most obvious, but also there was Armor added to the Boots, Leggings are different, There are those tubes on the Gloves (Which the gloves also look different). After comparing the 2 I do like the Extrovert better.
Yeah, I realise the boots/gloves are a touch different, I own all the sets we're discussing including Battlemaster, but the bones of extrovert is chiefly Thana Vesh. The differences are so tiny, besides the chest being ripped out...I also prefer extrovert to Thana Vesh. but the BM is still the nicest. Reminds me of Darth Marr.
No Individual class/companion story extensions, make it technically challenging to pay a sub!
~Take care everyone! May the Force be with you, always!~

Andryah
02.04.2014 , 02:41 PM | #9
^^ old world thinking IMO.

You worked hard for the mods in the gear, not the shells.

If you worked hard for the shells... you are having old world MMO stress flashbacks.
Forum disputatio ------> est completum ineptias.

OddballEasyEight
02.04.2014 , 02:43 PM | #10
Yeah, I'll just file this complaint under the "special snowflake" section then.

Seriously, this elitist crap makes no sense at all.
First off, the set you have IS DIFFERENT from the set we get now. (And not just a little like a different colour, no it is very different)
Secondly, there are no mods in this set and there is no set bonus, so this is just an empty shell.
Thirdly, you really think it is a valid argument to say that if someone wasn't around when that set was available they only have themselves to blame?
Finally, you should probably leave the game and never look back if this kind of thing annoys you because they are bringing back alot of the old (largely not available) sets as not only cartel pack gear with slight changes, but also as reputation rewards since ALOT of players have been asking for them (including alot of players who were around when they were available, but simply wasn't playing that class at that time).

And your main argument for all this is basically "but then I won't feel special any more"...
Click here for free stuff.
Complaining about a problem without proposing a solution is called whining.
Click here to view my class storyline videos and preview blaster sounds