Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

SWG PLAYERS OUR NEXT GAME (not announced yet) IS DEDICATED TO YOU. Once we launch?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion > Off-Topic
SWG PLAYERS OUR NEXT GAME (not announced yet) IS DEDICATED TO YOU. Once we launch?

Arkerus
02.04.2014 , 08:15 PM | #71
I find it very amusing that waiting for a shuttle was considered a feature. Waiting. For. A. Shuttle.
Hooning in the rex : http://youtu.be/xtXUM6yPMCY

LegoUniverseBC
02.04.2014 , 08:27 PM | #72
SWG isn't coming back most likely. (Or any Star Wars games for that matter under the SOE license.)

hadoken
02.04.2014 , 08:37 PM | #73
Quote: Originally Posted by Kalshion View Post
Look forward to seeing whether SOE learned their lesson or not, although I still wish Smedly had lost his job =\
It seems like once you get to a certain point in your career, it's very hard for this to happen even after multiple personal failures (see Jeff Hickman for example).

mpddispatch
02.04.2014 , 09:40 PM | #74
Quote: Originally Posted by Przemo_No View Post
What a boring game it must have been. Glad I did not try to play it.
It was far from boring. I havent played a game since that had SWG's level of community in it. We would sit around for hours shooting the breeze, or organizing a pvp run on someones player city, or bunker busting, or celebrating a holiday, or raiding the Death Watch Bunker etc etc. SWG was a game you could actually become famous and well known on, unlike SWTOR where the only way you could do that is to be a complete douche canoe. I can still remember the player names in SWG that everyone knew was the best crafter, or the best star fighter pilot, or the best pvp'r. Hell, we even had a serverwide memorial for one of the most well known and well liked players that actually died in real life. Not to mention the dynamic crafting system where the quality of your gear depended on the quality of the resources you had to spend hours locating and harvesting. Then getting buffs to increase your chances of a crit when crafting. It wasn't the cookie cutter gear you get in SWTOR. The gear you wore actually made a difference in survivability in PvE and PvP. Not everyone could be a Jedi, you actually had to work at finding out the correct sequence of class selection to unlock it. If you were a Jedi, you were the *******. There were SO many ways to be diverse in SWG, unlike SWTOR where everyone has the same gear and the same ships and the same speeders etc etc. Dont get me wrong, I like SWTOR because I love Star Wars, but one thing it isn't and never will be is an SWG.

Odyseus
02.04.2014 , 09:51 PM | #75
Quote: Originally Posted by Arkerus View Post
I find it very amusing that waiting for a shuttle was considered a feature. Waiting. For. A. Shuttle.
As simple and dumb as it sounds it was great. I met some of my best SWG friends while waiting on shuttles and dueling. I had some of the best world PVP I ever experienced in the Starports waiting for shuttle. That's why the community in SWG was legendary. We never put people in our own faction down, insulting them, telling them they suck etc. The social aspect of the game was so intimate that 80% of the active players joined one guild, and never left it. I remember it being a huge deal when someone left a guild, I mean HUGE. That's because the game design fostered more social interaction.
Odysseus, SWG server Flurry, Commando, TK/Rifleman, Fencer/Combat Medic.

Jandi
02.05.2014 , 02:08 AM | #76
Quote: Originally Posted by Arkerus View Post
Yeah, until you factor in that both factions used the same shuttles and as a Jedi Knight/Dark Jedi Knight, you were always flagged for PvP. You also moved using the shuttles when going in and out of PvP fights and you were usually flagged when doing so. Much hilarity was had at those spaceports.

It was also a tactical decision to choose which spaceport you used to move your own forces in and out of planets to avoid being ambushed when going into a planet to destroy bases in Player Cities.

It was common for huge fights to just erupt organically due to this "boring ffeature".
Those that demand respect deserve only pity.

Odyseus
02.05.2014 , 05:07 AM | #77
Quote: Originally Posted by Jandi View Post
Yeah, until you factor in that both factions used the same shuttles and as a Jedi Knight/Dark Jedi Knight, you were always flagged for PvP. You also moved using the shuttles when going in and out of PvP fights and you were usually flagged when doing so. Much hilarity was had at those spaceports.

It was also a tactical decision to choose which spaceport you used to move your own forces in and out of planets to avoid being ambushed when going into a planet to destroy bases in Player Cities.

It was common for huge fights to just erupt organically due to this "boring ffeature".
Exactly, choosing which Spar-port you deployed your forces from was pivotal. Deploying your pvp group from one of the main Star-ports was suicide. I can't count how many raids we crushed when groups was dumb enough to use the main Star-ports.
Odysseus, SWG server Flurry, Commando, TK/Rifleman, Fencer/Combat Medic.

BlackfoxKitsune
02.05.2014 , 05:53 AM | #78
Would love to see SWG come back I miss all the things I could do in it that you can't even dream of doing in this game which because they rushed it is a heap of junk! ):< which makes me angry because I expect much better then this from Biowere and EA (well maybe NOT EA in their resent rip people off years). I want to love this game I really do and trust me its not from lack of trying its from all the BS that keeps getting pulled and the Morons that play it that are to scared to think and so run around trolling and griefing people to get their own way, when what they really need is a smack around the ear!
If SWG came back online I'd drop my sub here and resub with SWG in a heartbeat!
Quote:
-Kain
Time fades even legend, and the origin of the Soul Reaver has been lost long ago. But its purpose remains - to feed on the souls of any creature it strikes. Kindred, this blade and I.

TonyTricicolo
02.05.2014 , 06:06 AM | #79
If they were to so to speak redux swg pre cu with updated graphics and throw in some voice over conversations and include an optional themepark quest line to level you to end game, I'd drop this game in a second. But alas, only one can wish...
Fortune and glory, Kid! Fortune and Glory!!

Aries_cz
02.05.2014 , 06:17 AM | #80
Quote: Originally Posted by The_Grand_Nagus View Post
Here is a hint: since that game has absolutely nothing to do with this game, posting about it on this board is OFF TOPIC. So yeah, the existing thread is on the OFF TOPIC board:

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=716882
You mean there are other forums than General?
/sarcasm
Member of Beast Riders, Tomb of Freedon Nadd (EU-PvP)
Without the darkness, how would we recognize the light?
Aries, admin of Czech/Slovak fansite SW-TOR.cz
Check out my story videos