Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

SWG PLAYERS OUR NEXT GAME (not announced yet) IS DEDICATED TO YOU. Once we launch?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion > Off-Topic
SWG PLAYERS OUR NEXT GAME (not announced yet) IS DEDICATED TO YOU. Once we launch?

Creepage
02.04.2014 , 08:32 AM | #21
Their next game is Everquest Next right? The biggest sandbox game ever made.

DarthTHC
02.04.2014 , 08:39 AM | #22
Yes, built-in down-time is something that I relish in a game that I play in my excruciatingly limited free time.

The prospect of experiencing those 10 minute shuttle waits and cantina AFK's is absolutely thrilling!
Human beings see oppression vividly when they're the victims. Otherwise they victimize blindly and without a thought. ~ Isaac Bashevis Singer

hadoken
02.04.2014 , 09:13 AM | #23
It will be very interesting to see what SOE thinks ex-SWG players want in a game.

Very very interesting to see...since none of them (myself included) can ever agree on what made that game great. For me, it was mostly the community, which is not something SOE can implant in a game.

Quraswren
02.04.2014 , 09:14 AM | #24
Quote: Originally Posted by aeterno View Post
So basically in the mind of SWG vets taking out all the QOL features of the past decade an a half of mmo development makes for the bestest game evah.

That's called masochism.

I mean I get the sandbox elements rose tinted glasses.

But to look fondly back on 10 min shuttle ride waits and the OP buff dependency BS just boggles the mind it truly does.
Put it this way - The farther we can get away from SWG the better. Doesn't really matter what game it is as long as we're not playing SWG remade.

Jandi
02.04.2014 , 09:16 AM | #25
Quote: Originally Posted by Quraswren View Post
Put it this way - The farther we can get away from SWG the better. Doesn't really matter what game it is as long as we're not playing SWG remade.
Please stop refering to yourself as "we". It makes it look like you have some mentl issues. Unless you have multiple personality disorder. In which case, you have mental issues.
Those that demand respect deserve only pity.

NorthernYahoo
02.04.2014 , 09:19 AM | #26
Quote: Originally Posted by Odyseus View Post
Anybody else see this statement made by the head of SOE?

SWG PLAYERS OUR NEXT GAME (not announced yet) IS DEDICATED TO YOU. Once we launch it you can come home now.

This has me giddy on so many levels I don't know If I should cry or scream! For you youngsters, the PRE NGE SWG was by far the best MMO in history. Here's what I missed most about that game feel free to add on because I'm there's much more than my subjective opinion.

* SWG had the best social building mechanics ever. To get to another planet, you had to travel to the Spaceport, and the shuttles that took you from planet to planet required you wait 10 minutes between shuttles. The reason for this is because the Dev's said it would incline players to socialize with one another while waiting for the shuttle. This is where a lot of duels, guild formations, and ambushes took place.

*You had a mind stat that could only be healed by visiting a Cantina, and listening to or watching one of the "Entertainer Classes"(Musicians and Dancers) Which was a brilliant Idea. That's because it was designed for people who didn't really like MMO"s but loved to socialize. So many of the entertainers in the game were Women who could sit and chit chat all day with all of players who came into the Cantina's. Plus, it was an excellent place to raid in enemy cities because you know they would be there. And after listening to the entertainers you get a buff to some of your secondary stats that only they could buff, so it was a necessity. This also fostered a lot of socializing and added more immersion into the game.

These are just 2 of the things I really missed about that game, and what made it special. Feel free to share more, because there's many original things they did that were way ahead of it's time.
That sounds positively dreadful. I mean waiting to move from planet to planet to FORCE you to socialize? Is this a game or a job?

And again, with forcing pvp on people with raids on people who are just forced to stay there. *sigh*

Stop trying to make pvp happen. It's not going to happen.

Quraswren
02.04.2014 , 09:29 AM | #27
Quote: Originally Posted by Jandi View Post
Please stop refering to yourself as "we". It makes it look like you have some mentl issues. Unless you have multiple personality disorder. In which case, you have mental issues.
I use "we" cause sometimes someone has to look out for the group and stop them from taking backwards steps that do more harm than good.

Jandi
02.04.2014 , 09:32 AM | #28
Quote: Originally Posted by Quraswren View Post
I use "we" cause sometimes someone has to look out for the group and stop them from taking backwards steps that do more harm than good.
Ok... who nominated you? Can I see some signatures?
Those that demand respect deserve only pity.

Fanyen
02.04.2014 , 09:34 AM | #29
Quote: Originally Posted by Jandi View Post
Ok... who nominated you? Can I see some signatures?
Can you try to be a little less of a tool?
Arguing over incredibly common everyday language use is not helping your cause.
My referral link has been removed, because Bioware is inept.

DarthTHC
02.04.2014 , 09:34 AM | #30
Quote: Originally Posted by hadoken View Post
It will be very interesting to see what SOE thinks ex-SWG players want in a game.

Very very interesting to see...since none of them (myself included) can ever agree on what made that game great. For me, it was mostly the community, which is not something SOE can implant in a game.
Let's remember that it's the same company who thought the players wanted NGE.
Human beings see oppression vividly when they're the victims. Otherwise they victimize blindly and without a thought. ~ Isaac Bashevis Singer