Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

What made you choose your Class?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
What made you choose your Class?

HumbleJedi
02.03.2014 , 11:18 PM | #1
Im interested in hearing how everyone chose their respective classes and the choices they made to become who they became.

ie: Dark Jedi, Pure Jedi, Sith etc etc

My reason for becoming a Jedi, was becuase i was so thrilled about watching the Star Wars movies and playing the games, that i always wanted to be a Jedi myself.

When playing one of the Star wars games, i was always pickin the right choices which lead to Light Side Cookies :P

I dont think ive done a thing wrong so far.
I walked the Path of Darkness & it scared me to go back to walk the Path of Lightness!
Romire - Jedi Sentinal / Shamina - Jedi Sentinal / Sinmire Sith Juggernaut - AU player
Click here for my Referal Link, We get awesome goodies!

Corsiero
02.04.2014 , 12:01 AM | #2
I was going to roll a Sentinel but my mate who got me this game always plays darkside. I rolled a Marauder, was going to spec Annhilation because I like having self heals for survivability, but he rolled a Bounty Hunter. Wanting to level up together I decided to roll a Bounty Hunter as well. I told him I liked the choice of being able to heal so I picked Mercenary and he went Powertech.

DarthMaulUK
02.04.2014 , 01:59 AM | #3
Since Darth Maul was so cool in the movie, I rolled a Sin. Of course my idea and Biowares idea of the class has seen a love/hate relationship with the amount of nerfs and 're-balancing' made since launch.

Recently, I rolled a Commando and enjoying it but like the post above, rolled a Mara and actually having bags of fun. Unless you have a good healer behind you, you can get burnt down pretty quick but it's actually a good class and no, I am not a LOLSmash!

Azoton
02.04.2014 , 08:41 AM | #4
I originally first made an inquisitor cause..... you know... force lightning.
But at about level 10 I decided that I really made his face really obnoxious (half closed eyes and bored expression) so I deleted him and proceeded to make a Sentinel when I learned that this was a dual wielding class.

After that I got jealous of commandos so I made one. Then I got jealous of the jedi knights and so I made one, then I got jealous of the Shadows and I made one.

I am quite happy with that Shadow now.

Quraswren
02.04.2014 , 09:20 AM | #5
I was sold on the jedi sage right out of the gate. Never looked back.

While I have toons of every AC, to this day my sage is still my main. Love playing that class as healer or DPS.

znihilist
02.04.2014 , 09:31 AM | #6
I played the marauder in Kotor II, so I wanted the marauder again.
SWTOR: KotFE, Rise of the Ehh I guess I'll get used to it eventually

MyaDragon
02.04.2014 , 09:33 AM | #7
I'm bi-factional:

Jedi Sage: I enjoy healing in the MMOs I do and The Sage has always struck me as the perma-lightside kinda character. Im a good person and I heal the wounds of others; it's a win-win! d

Imperial Sniper: Absolutely LOVING the storyline so far and my Agent is only level 11ish right now. Im excited for whats to come later on in her story. Plus, Im enjoying the "lol" moments as a Light-sided Imperial. (I already got a lecture from Keeper about how "soft" I was. Jerk. >>)

Jandi
02.04.2014 , 09:35 AM | #8
Since Twi'leks could only be one imperial base class, and sorc didn't appeal to me (Never been fond of mage classes in any game), Assassin was the only choice I had left.

DarthTHC
02.04.2014 , 09:36 AM | #9
Which class? I've played them all, and for most of them I've played both specs.

I picked the one I play the most at endgame because I like its gameplay the best.

Isaacone
02.04.2014 , 09:42 AM | #10
Originally I was going to play trooper. But after having to deal with Aric Jorgan I decided to try Imperial agent. I picked agent because I liked the idea of being in the SIS. For my other characters. After finishing the agent storyline. I did the inquister. Im finishing up the smuggler and I just started a jedi knight. So far the agent is still my favorite. on a side note I found that I still had my agents exotech chestpiece in my cargo hold. needless to say im using it again