Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

The Unseen Presence- The Next Secret Boss?

DarthEndonae
02.17.2014 , 09:38 PM | #41
I was also thinking, the Calphayus fight is all about time and whatever. And the title you get for beating the Hateful Entity is called the Eternal Warrior. CONNECTION!!
Endonae - Sorcerer--Anserium - Assassin--Ticoria - Sage
Felzuun - Mercenary
Ardenia - Juggernaut --Merrus - Marauder
Nalisk - Sniper

ML_DoubleTap
02.18.2014 , 10:34 AM | #42
Probably not related, but my last few times in this fight I've noticed a stealthed add in the first Past phase. Can't remember the NPC name, but it looked like an Assassin in stealth(purple outline). They never unstealth and just stood there about 20m from the crystal I was healing. I generally remember seeing him when the crystal was in the back right.
Bonkurz

namesaretough
02.18.2014 , 11:26 AM | #43
Corruptors that aren't stunned/killed fast enough look like that.
Smugglin

VoW_LugNut
02.18.2014 , 02:28 PM | #44
My wild guess on the spawn method is that maybe you have to dps down all the crystals to a certain percentage, similar to wounding the adds for hateful.
Lugnut - PT Tank
<YES> - The Harbinger
Quote: Originally Posted by BruceMaclean View Post
16-man is also more forgiving to mistakes and should increase the chances of a successful group.

Jerba
02.18.2014 , 02:40 PM | #45
I tried attacking the Unseen Presence with an AoE ability today, but it evaded all attacks; therefore you cannot kill it.
Spoiler

I don't think that you can throw the orb on it since it is not a friendly NPC and you need to be out of combat to use it. In any case, we probably have to wait for nightmare mode if this really is the bonus boss.

DarthEndonae
02.18.2014 , 04:20 PM | #46
I'm pretty sure you can use the orb while in combat. And I really don't know about Nightmare. I mean if this is inside the boss fight, that would be nearly impossible on HM, let alone on NiM. Especially if you have to DPS all the crystals down first.
Felzuun - Mercenary
Nalisk - Sniper

DarthEndonae
02.22.2014 , 04:03 PM | #47
So I was able to target it. This was in 8-man HM. I tried using the orb on it, but I was unable to do so since I was in combat. It's really tricky to target. You can do Force Storm and you will see the like it being affected by it, you are able to attack it in general, however it takes no damage. We ended up being able to target it when we got the Calphayus in the past near it, and then I used Chain Lightning on Calphayus. The AoE part of that attack hit the Unseen Presence and made the nameplate of it visible. I tried using the Amulet on it, but there was no effect. Some of the other raid members said that they noticed it in the present phase as well, although I can't personally confirm that. I am not sure if other attacks will also allow you to target it, that might be worth checking out. I'm also not sure if there was like a damage threshold that needed to be reached (as I did do a couple of force storms first), or if Calphayus just needed to be close and then damage him. Next week we might try to see what happens if we can put Calphayus directly on/under the Unseen Presence and use the Orb on him if possible.

Here is the image of it being targetted.
Felzuun - Mercenary
Nalisk - Sniper

darth_psychose
05.02.2014 , 06:16 AM | #48
cf patch note 2.8 : dread masters and brontes NiM Now loot " Dread Guard Cranial Scan " to all group members.

Dread Guard Cranial Scan + Unseen presence .....
Kalameet the fckn thug - <Rash>

Jerba
05.02.2014 , 06:19 AM | #49
Quote: Originally Posted by darth_psychose View Post
cf patch note 2.8 : dread masters and brontes NiM Now loot " Dread Guard Cranial Scan " to all group members.

Dread Guard Cranial Scan + Unseen presence .....
I was also surprised when I read it, but unfortunately, the Cranial Scan is just the purple reputation item for Oricon. So they are just going to offer reputation points for doing the ops in addition to the reputation from doing the dailies; it is not a secret item.

darth_psychose
05.02.2014 , 06:24 AM | #50
Ok ...
Kalameet the fckn thug - <Rash>