Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Concern for the future

MjSplicer
02.01.2014 , 12:18 PM | #1
I have been playing swtor for well over a year and a half,. II do enjoy the new products that they put out, however i have a concern about the future here. IN the next coupe months, as many of us know, Bethesda will be launching ESO. This is a massive game to try and go against, and yet EA and BIoware have nothing on the horizon to counter it. A new FP this coming month is nice, sort of as there is not a whole lot there for endgamers to really get excited about, but were is the next expansion. Its been a year since the release of ROTHC with no hint of another expansion on the horizon. Oricon and CZ were nice small add ons, although if i hear Ramuss or Vigilant speak again i might have to remove my ears, but were is the next Makeb, the next level cap, the things that keep the endgame players happy. Lets face it most of this games subs are those endgame players and If BW doesn't step it up fast, i worry about the future of the swtor galaxy

Sangrar
02.01.2014 , 12:23 PM | #2
think about it this way, in previous years Bioware has given us a sneak peak into whats coming this year. This time however they have kept silent beyond 2.6. Now this game is still generating money, and Musco has said even that there is stuff coming that he can't talk too much about, which makes me suspect they do have a hidden ace somewhere that they are waiting to surprise us with. Just a theory
[Bastion]Guildmaster<Galactic Saviors>-War Hero Spaceboomer-55 Commando/Captain Starforce-55 Scoundrel/Darth Caddar-55 Juggernaut/Lord Brakaras-32 Assassin/Master Teckan-38 Sage/Firefighter-27 Powertech/Nightprowler-13 Sniper
refferal link for returning players and free character transfer and free inventory slot

Infernixx
02.01.2014 , 12:34 PM | #3
Unless ESO is a SW property, I don't think TOR has anything to worry about.
Quote: Originally Posted by EricMusco View Post
Infernixx nailed it. This is correct.
Quote: Originally Posted by CosmicKat View Post
There is no excuse for any single use item to ever cost more than a month's subscription. Anyone who pays $10 or $20 for a single use item is hastening the death of TOR and feeding the rise of TOR:The Cash Shop Menace.

Grayseven
02.01.2014 , 12:44 PM | #4
ESO is a great RPG but a bad MMO, so I don't think any real MMO's have anything to worry about.

Truth be told, all MMO's have a core group of supporters that play it to exclusion of all else and the rest are transients that jump from title to title without any loyalty to a specific title.

Every time a new game comes out there are chicken little's that cry that the sky is falling...for what reason I don't know but I suspect they think their cries will push the dev team of their chosen MMO to magically do everything "perfectly" (which is whatever that individual thinks is best for the game and to hell with the rest of the players opinions).

This game has come a long way since it launched, and since none of us are precog's we have no idea where it will go in the future but I'll take the Buddhist path and enjoy the now and worry about the future when it becomes the present.
"50 Grades of Shae", a heart-warming novel about a Mandalorian that delivers beat-downs and assigns grades to her victims.

Elminster_cs
02.01.2014 , 12:50 PM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by Sangrar View Post
Musco has said even that there is stuff coming that he can't talk too much about, which makes me suspect they do have a hidden ace somewhere
I really hope it has something very delightful!
Member of Dread Master. The Red Eclipse Italian Guild.

DarkMontie
02.01.2014 , 01:00 PM | #6
ESO looks and plays like trash.

The reason the RPG is so great is because players are customizing it to their liking using mods.

The mods I use in Skyrim make the game look damn close to next gen graphically.

Those great elements which make Skyrim such an appealing game to the masses are non existant for ESO.

ESO looks worse than SWTOR and the game play is rough.

Now, the new MMOs coming out in the next year... those may have an impact on SWTOR, but certainly not ESO.

Jandi
02.01.2014 , 01:08 PM | #7
One possibility is that they are waiting till the hooplah about TESO dies down before making any big announcements, but before WoD comes out.

OddballEasyEight
02.01.2014 , 01:22 PM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by DarkMontie View Post
ESO looks and plays like trash.

The reason the RPG is so great is because players are customizing it to their liking using mods.

The mods I use in Skyrim make the game look damn close to next gen graphically.

Those great elements which make Skyrim such an appealing game to the masses are non existant for ESO.

ESO looks worse than SWTOR and the game play is rough.

Now, the new MMOs coming out in the next year... those may have an impact on SWTOR, but certainly not ESO.
Yup, I could never play any of the TES games (from morrowind up) without mods... I just can't get over the anime sized weapons.
And those bows in skyrim? Wth is up with those gigantic impractical wierdo bows?
Apparantly I have multiple accounts. And apparantly I argue with myself on those accounts.
http://www.swtor.com/r/6S24xq free stuff.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCZ-...roj4L9Q/videos my blaster sound videos.

Jandi
02.01.2014 , 01:25 PM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by OddballEasyEight View Post
Yup, I could never play any of the TES games (from morrowind up) without mods... I just can't get over the anime sized weapons.
And those bows in skyrim? Wth is up with those gigantic impractical wierdo bows?
Skyrim has LARP weapons. They can be modded out though. What my biggest annoyance with the game is, is the size of the cities. Jewel of Skyrim, the trading capital of an entire Province, Whiterun, consits of... 8 small wooden houses, a couple shacks and... yeah, that's pretty much it.

Reno_Tarshil
02.01.2014 , 01:25 PM | #10
I concerned that I will die soon if I don't get some tacos.
Supposed Member of "The Forum Apologist 5!" According to "The Reno_Tarshil Forum Fan Brigade!"
Quote:
I like Tacos.
http://www.swtor.com/r/kpq6FY for free Tacos.