Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Aimbots? Cheating? Huh!? How?

Kuciwalker
04.20.2014 , 05:29 PM | #81
Quote: Originally Posted by General_Brass View Post
So true. Focussed fire by itself is ridiculously effective. Most of the "Greats" that insist it's all their skill seem to cherrypick their battles. If they are "going after the other sides tough targets" thats amazing because it doesn't seem to do much.
I am mystified at the pejorative affect you attach to "pick their battles".

Zoom_VI
04.20.2014 , 05:37 PM | #82
Quote: Originally Posted by Kuciwalker View Post
You haven't heard of the situational awareness hack?
Crinn

Carry me, I'm Plasmatech.

Pilgrim_Grey
04.21.2014 , 07:52 PM | #83
Quote: Originally Posted by Kuciwalker View Post
Well, by cherrypick I'm sure he means that all these "awesome pilots" only go for clear noobs to pad their stats, but... yeah. I've only noticed a few people doing that, and they're not on my list of really good pilots on my server.

And it's not like going for some worse pilot means you're cherry-picking, either. Sometimes they're the target in your area and you know... you should go for them. Maybe they're chasing someone else on your team. Even if they're flying straight at your satellite defended by a bomber on your team, are you just supposed to let them go in because they're new? *shrugs* I have more clear issues with spawn camping than with taking out some newer pilot on the other team somewhere on the map, unless you're just ignoring some clueless guy in the corner while your team is getting slaughtered by some good pilots.
Ithyrn (Guardian), Malachais (Gunslinger), Ez'kiel (Commando), Ben'adar (Scoundrel)
Ithryn (Operative), Ithric (Juggernaut), Thar'kun (Pyrotech)
Shadowlands Server

General_Brass
04.21.2014 , 08:54 PM | #84
Quote: Originally Posted by Pilgrim_Grey View Post
Well, by cherrypick I'm sure he means that all these "awesome pilots" only go for clear noobs to pad their stats, but... yeah. I've only noticed a few people doing that, and they're not on my list of really good pilots on my server.

And it's not like going for some worse pilot means you're cherry-picking, either. Sometimes they're the target in your area and you know... you should go for them. Maybe they're chasing someone else on your team. Even if they're flying straight at your satellite defended by a bomber on your team, are you just supposed to let them go in because they're new? *shrugs* I have more clear issues with spawn camping than with taking out some newer pilot on the other team somewhere on the map, unless you're just ignoring some clueless guy in the corner while your team is getting slaughtered by some good pilots.
I am sure if you all keep working at it you will have no trouble rationalizing how killing nothing but 2 ship pilots in 90% un upgraded ships is the essence of being a good pilot.

Pilgrim_Grey
04.21.2014 , 08:58 PM | #85
Quote: Originally Posted by General_Brass View Post
I am sure if you all keep working at it you will have no trouble rationalizing how killing nothing but 2 ship pilots in 90% un upgraded ships is the essence of being a good pilot.
Yup, that's totally what I said. Good reading there.

I have never used the roll eyes emote before. Good on you for allowing me to expand my repertoire.
Ithyrn (Guardian), Malachais (Gunslinger), Ez'kiel (Commando), Ben'adar (Scoundrel)
Ithryn (Operative), Ithric (Juggernaut), Thar'kun (Pyrotech)
Shadowlands Server

General_Brass
04.21.2014 , 09:14 PM | #86
Quote: Originally Posted by Pilgrim_Grey View Post
Yup, that's totally what I said. Good reading there.

I have never used the roll eyes emote before. Good on you for allowing me to expand my repertoire.
PVP forums will do that. The first time I ever used it was when someone claimed gear didn't matter in CoH's PvP

NikSunrider
04.23.2014 , 05:31 AM | #87
Well, I can say this: railgun and missile sentry drones ARE aimbots.
They have 100% accuaracy, never run out of ammo, and are a general pain in the afterburner.

I, frankly, cannot see a viable way to aimbot/hack the mechanics themselves; they are like the millenium falcon, dodgy as all sith.

I can say this, however, I have gotten greater than 80% accuracy when only using missiles (Pike) or railguns (Qarrel).
Did I get accused of hacking? Yes. Did the people accusing me of hacking know how to use their engine ability? No.

Apart from that, I don't know what to say, apart from the usual "a bad dancer always blames the shoes."
Meetry / Q Of TEH, Harbinger & Bastion ██████
A Star Wars Diehard with far too many 60s ██████
...and more titles than I care to remember.
██████
Got all the pets, but here's the link if you would like a free server transfer.