Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Aimbots? Cheating? Huh!? How?

Kain_Turinbar
01.20.2014 , 12:04 PM | #21
Quote: Originally Posted by reclipsed View Post
This. I've seem a certain same pilots employ a convenient stutter jump to avoid a under 2k m missle lock. They seem to not lag/stutter at other times, just when you try to lock
I went up against a guy that kept trying this tactic but it didn't matter because he eventually crashed into the satellite every time.

I would see him flying in starting at about 15k moving normally then as soon as he hit 11500 and I started lining up a proton he would start skipping around on his way into the sat and crash. Must have tried this 5 or 6 times, but I don't get what the point was. He never got "killed" but he still kept dying and accomplished nothing.

XavinNydek
01.20.2014 , 12:14 PM | #22
I have seen no indication of aimbots, etc. Intentional lagging may be happening, but it doesn't seem to actually help them. The more someone is lagging and jumping around, the more likely a shot in that general direction is to hit them.

Twilightbourne
01.20.2014 , 02:27 PM | #23
The only reason people even bother with 'lag tricks' is because they think it will work like ti does for other games that they do work on. Fortunately it doesn't work quite as well as they would hope... seeing as lag hacks tend to only function well when servers are 'client side.'

Shakarian
04.17.2014 , 09:56 PM | #24
Personally, I have noticed a few things that strike me as odd. I may be tailing an enemy at around 10,000m trying to get in range for missiles, and then all of a sudden, they vanish without any notification that they were destroyed. Just vanish into open space. Or occasionally I'll see someone zip almost instantly to another are of the map, like they went through a wormhole. Or sporadic zips which don't really go anywhere, they just keep them completely away from range.

I've also chased gunships and Fighters in my fully upgraded Dive, and I ran out of engine power whereas they continued on at full speed. Not possible unless there is a hack creating unlimited engine power.

Then of course there's always the mysterious death by an enemy when nothing is within 20,000 meters of your ship. And the instant death from a scout with full shields up. That always makes me raise an eyebrow. Nothing in a scouts arsenal has the power to destroy a Pike with one shot. Especially when there's no missile warning beforehand. There are definitely cheats at play in this game.

Lastly, I have recently been noticing a guy on my server Ebon Hawk, named "Aimbot". I've played at least 10 matches with him and his score and board position is always the same every match. 15-25 kills, 15-25 assists, 0 deaths, #1 position every match. I made a point to look at his stats ever since I saw his score the first time. Always the same.

Ramalina
04.17.2014 , 10:45 PM | #25
Quote: Originally Posted by Shakarian View Post
Personally, I have noticed a few things that strike me as odd. I may be tailing an enemy at around 10,000m trying to get in range for missiles, and then all of a sudden, they vanish without any notification that they were destroyed. Just vanish into open space. Or occasionally I'll see someone zip almost instantly to another are of the map, like they went through a wormhole. Or sporadic zips which don't really go anywhere, they just keep them completely away from range.

I've also chased gunships and Fighters in my fully upgraded Dive, and I ran out of engine power whereas they continued on at full speed. Not possible unless there is a hack creating unlimited engine power.

Then of course there's always the mysterious death by an enemy when nothing is within 20,000 meters of your ship. And the instant death from a scout with full shields up. That always makes me raise an eyebrow. Nothing in a scouts arsenal has the power to destroy a Pike with one shot. Especially when there's no missile warning beforehand. There are definitely cheats at play in this game.

Lastly, I have recently been noticing a guy on my server Ebon Hawk, named "Aimbot". I've played at least 10 matches with him and his score and board position is always the same every match. 15-25 kills, 15-25 assists, 0 deaths, #1 position every match. I made a point to look at his stats ever since I saw his score the first time. Always the same.
Sounds like:
  • You have a connection with intermittent latency spikes.
  • Could work on your situational awareness (it's amazing how many people who get "one shot" are actually taking 2-6 shots over a few seconds and just not realizing it's more than one hit. Though, if lag spikes happen, your client can register them all at the same time. The lack of a combat log makes this harder to notice than it is in the ground game.)
  • Don't conserve fuel as well as some of your opponents (being in a type 1 scout is not a free pass to run down any other ship if they are skilled pilots and have the right build).
  • You've met Sammy (who is good in any ship, and an absolute monster in a gunship). He shows up on TEH when we run out of targets for him on Jung Ma. It's an in joke, based on how many people have complained about being shot down by him while he's flying a gunship. If a good pilot in a mastered ship stays on him the whole battle it is sometimes possible to keep his kills below double digits. It is also possible to blow up his gunship, but it really helps to be someone like Aloriana, or Alex, or Tsukiyomi if you want to do that. I'm sure TEH has native aces that can also pull it off.

There's a bunch of ways you might be able to create 'false hits' in SWTOR, though creating a genuine aimbot that actually aimed for you would be a rather a lot of work. The other problem, is that while sending the server fraudulent hit information might be reasonably doable, a complete piloting AI would be full time work for quite some time for one person, or even for a whole developer team (see complaint threads on, "why is there no GSF PvE?"). So you might get a decent hit percentage with an 'aimbot' but it wouldn't do a thing to keep annoyed scouts from repeatedly slaughtering you.

Survival is a lot more complex than just hitting, and more than anything else if you want good numbers in a gunship you need to know how to survive when the competent pilots on the other side decide that killing you is a priority. Basically, if you have at least one decent pilot on your side you can be sure that a person is behind the controls of any opposing gunship that has more kills than deaths.
"A padawan's master sets their Jedi trial, Rajivari set mine."

- Zhe Lian, Sage.

SammyGStatus
04.17.2014 , 10:49 PM | #26
Quote: Originally Posted by silvershadows View Post
Apparently, I should at least PRETEND to not be an aimbot cheater.

You know, I'm not even really sure how an aimbot works. I assume the guy was referring to my 44 percent or higher accuracy with a flashfire.

The thing is, I think that might have been the gunship that kept sitting on top of their satellite and would pop distortion field and sit there trying to snipe me while i ran in with my burst cannons and 2 shot it.

I'm pretty sure there is a lack of understanding how some weapons work. I am very very careful with my shots and try to only take them when I am within 300m-3000m in order to avoid the huge accuracy penalty at range - and to best employ the 117 percent accuracy at close range.

I'll never understand gunships that don't get that 117% accuracy at point blank range while they're sitting completely still will bypass their 96% evasion (assuming lightweight armor and an active distortion field). I'll never understand how someone can get blown up doing that even ONCE and then still think it's a good idea to park on/under a satellite.

I've always had good accuracy in most shooter games (first and third person), and I am actually a little offended by the notion people think I'm cheating, even though I know I should find it hilarious.
First One
Second One (In the corner)
And 3

I've gotten a ton of these. I getthem on Jung'Ma, and I get them over on TEH. Really annoying. Wuln't my accuracy be higher if I aimbotted? Would I be able to stop cursing when I blast a slug at the same scout 5 times in a row and miss, yet see no evasion pops under his icon? It's stupid and it's insulting. Butthurt imps / terrible players that can't compete

Edit: Thanks for the kind words Ram. I really do appreciate the support, because it's been ridiculous seeing these constantly and getting ignored before you even offer to explain. I've just played my gunship A LOT. Alex and Tsuk know full well that they can kill me. Large has to keep me on lockdown on TEH or it gets outta control. Shayd does the same thing. There are just more games on this server, and it must seem like I came outta the blue, but it didn't take long to master this ship. The only thing I can be accused of is spending too much time on this game. There really isn't anything more I can say - I still try and be helpful, but ultimately it doesn't work. Also, keep in mind I' usually flying with other good pilots. We like GSF, and we work well together. Can't help that too much.
Aimbot / Renegade-One / Ashketar (IMP) - TEH's DAMAGE OVERCHARGE GSF GM
Leggogurl - Bane of Jung'Ma's Pub Pilots
Renegade-One (Harbinger) - <Irrelevant Squadron>

Korithras
04.17.2014 , 10:51 PM | #27
Yes because the problem cannot possibly be either 1: the other pilot has more skill and/or 2: the other pilot's ship has better parts/upgrades.

Danylia
04.17.2014 , 10:55 PM | #28
Most likely lag. If natural or artifical is another question.

This can have several explanations, starting with the use of Barrel Roll, through the components/companions/upgrades used, to the possibility that if it happened in a Deathmatch, they may have hit an Engine Power-Up on their way.

Then of course there's always the mysterious death by an enemy when nothing is within 20,000 meters of your ship.
A DoT from Plasma Railgun or Rocket Pods (or anything else that uses DoTs). Death from mine or drone where you didn't read the message correctly. Or even a Proton Torpedo fired at you several seconds ago, when you still were in range.

And the instant death from a scout with full shields up. That always makes me raise an eyebrow. Nothing in a scouts arsenal has the power to destroy a Pike with one shot. Especially when there's no missile warning beforehand.
Damage Overcharge if it happened in Deathmatch, or an (almost) simultaneous hit by Gunhip/Scout (the Gunship hit/critted you with Slug split second before the scout hit you with BLC).

I leave SammyGStatus to comment on this one .
Quote: Originally Posted by IronSalamander View Post
Scorpio is just a glorified Microsoft product ("time to upgrade", "I must upgrade",etc.) and I really want this thing off my ship. Kaliyo went from obnoxious to worthless really fast and I would love to dump her out the airlock.

Armonddd
04.17.2014 , 11:21 PM | #29
His imp is Leggogurl and has practically no upgrades. Super easy kill once you close the distance.

I've played with and against him, and he's good, but far from unbeatable. Like all good gunships, he'll hit you from at least twice the range you're used to fighting from, and you can't afford to let that be your first indicator that he's on the field. If it is, well... gunships are probably the easiest class with which to clean up a bunch of newbies, which explains the 50-1 games.

He's not the best gunship I've ever played with (that'd be this guy), but you do need to keep an eye on him.

Also, what's with all the necros lately?
Space Ace, Founder, and Beater
Formerly of <Death Squadron>, <Black Squadron>, <Eclipse Squadron>, and <solo da>

Verain
04.17.2014 , 11:22 PM | #30
You guys know this is a necro right?