Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Aimbots? Cheating? Huh!? How?

DarthVindictus
01.20.2014 , 12:55 AM | #11
It can also just be simple lag. You know those ships that jump around the screen all over the place... Yeah.. if you blow them up they'll swear you shot them through a wall or while they were behind you or they were "totally out of range".

On their screen they are, on everyone else's screen they got rocked fair and square. They'll also complain about missiles going right through their targets, and being unable to hit targets that are sitting still right in front of them (because the target is actually moving and 10000m away)

Nothing they can really do about it, but it happens to people.

I get it sometimes myself where I have a "firing delay" on my guns. and I end up having to lead with a railgun even though it's a hitscan weapon that instantly hits, because when I release the mouse button, there's sometimes a 0.1-0.2s delay before the shot actually goes off.

dancezwithnubz
01.20.2014 , 02:18 AM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by silvershadows View Post
Well that was kind of my point - you'd think that if i was using an aimbot, my aim would be higher than, say, 70 percent. Not 40-50 percent.
in my 20+ years of gaming from pre-net through to today, i've never once used any kind of third-party hack with any game.
i have been accused of hacking many, many times.
i've built characters specifically to counter various hacks in games (bloody far-cast 'zons in D2).

i've also discovered that 99% of the time when people crai 'haxxorz!1!' it's their own misunderstanding of the game, or lag.

44%? nice. keep that **** up! i'm generally around the 25-30% mark unless i remind myself to stop spraying.

peedeeboy
01.20.2014 , 03:35 AM | #13
I'm not convinced that there are aimbots being used in GSF - I think most 'weird' things can be chalked down to the engine using RNG over physics to calculate hits.

After reading the 'GS are overpowered' thread, I thought I would go for a GS myself and see what the fuss was about. Just as I was charging up the rail gun and llining up a shot on an enemy heading for the node, my finger slipped off the mouse button and my gun fired.

My firing reticle was about two inches away from the target lead indicator.... HIT?!?! It's the only time I've actually said 'What the...!!!' out loud whilst playing a game.

I'm guessing: Large accuracy bonus from sitting still - penalty from range - penalty for being outside target lead + freakily good RNG roll + maybe a little bit of lag = impossible hit

Unless we get a GSF parser and can figure out how hits are actually calculated, we will never really know if there is cheat or if the algorithms need tweaking....

Nomaad
01.20.2014 , 06:02 AM | #14
Quote: Originally Posted by silvershadows View Post
Well that was kind of my point - you'd think that if i was using an aimbot, my aim would be higher than, say, 70 percent. Not 40-50 percent.
Highjinks does hack, he drinks red bull before his matches and eats 44% proof space gummies.

Armonddd
01.20.2014 , 08:11 AM | #15
Quote: Originally Posted by Nomaad View Post
Highjinks does hack, he drinks red bull before his matches and eats 44% proof space gummies.
D'oh! You've been outed, bro!
Space Ace of <Death Squadron>, <Black Squadron>, <Eclipse Squadron>, and <solo da>

silvershadows
01.20.2014 , 09:03 AM | #16
Damn, man - why you gotta go telling everyone?

Now I gotta deal with a red bull supply shortage cause every other pilot will be out there looking for their performance enhancer!

PS - Wrong pronoun
Avatia
Deception Assassin
<Tave Naefas Lazea>
A Sith endures.

Nisdain
01.20.2014 , 10:16 AM | #17
I apparently need to start flying with you more Highjinks, that should deflect your hate tells :P
Kvikorma Vesrial
Saberwing Member

silvershadows
01.20.2014 , 10:25 AM | #18
Quote: Originally Posted by Nisdain View Post
I apparently need to start flying with you more Highjinks, that should deflect your hate tells :P
Only because you make me look like the WORST PILOT EVAR.
Avatia
Deception Assassin
<Tave Naefas Lazea>
A Sith endures.

Sangrar
01.20.2014 , 10:26 AM | #19
Quote: Originally Posted by NotThatOne View Post
Gonna go with a vocal minority that can't shoot straight and assumes anyone that can is using a third party aid/hack.

Or, conversely, the same excuse bad players have used for losing for years, "No one can beat me fair, he HAS to be cheating."
got to love how everytime someone who *must* be the best player ever is killed or loses and yells "FU hack!!".
Click this REFFERAL LINK for free character transfer, free inventory slot, and one week free sub time for preferred and subscribed accounts! You can read more about it HERE

reclipsed
01.20.2014 , 11:51 AM | #20
Quote: Originally Posted by Bleeters View Post
Myeah, I don't want to leap to conclusions whenever I see people jump about from lag, but a few times now I've had people start and stop at far too beneficial times to not get slightly suspicious.
This. I've seem a certain same pilots employ a convenient stutter jump to avoid a under 2k m missle lock. They seem to not lag/stutter at other times, just when you try to lock
I'm not upset that you lied to me, I'm upset that from now on I can't believe you.
― Friedrich Nietzsche