Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Aimbots? Cheating? Huh!? How?

Twilightbourne
01.19.2014 , 09:27 PM | #1
I'm hearing a LOT about this. Lots of folks complaining that so and so is aimbotting or so and so is hacking somehow.... is that really whats going on? Why hasn't this been squashed already?

NotThatOne
01.19.2014 , 09:40 PM | #2
Quote: Originally Posted by Twilightbourne View Post
I'm hearing a LOT about this. Lots of folks complaining that so and so is aimbotting or so and so is hacking somehow.... is that really whats going on? Why hasn't this been squashed already?
Gonna go with a vocal minority that can't shoot straight and assumes anyone that can is using a third party aid/hack.

Or, conversely, the same excuse bad players have used for losing for years, "No one can beat me fair, he HAS to be cheating."
Animal-mutha, 55 Combat Medic
<Black Squadron>
POT5

DEATHICIDE
01.19.2014 , 10:12 PM | #3
Likely one of two things:

1 Plasma rail gun applies the dot, they fly out of line of sight from the offending gunship, notice they are still taking damage then cry hack

2 Quell/Pike locks on with one missile, fires, switches to it's secondary, locks on again while the first one is in flight, hits with a double whammy then they again, cry hack
Republic Diehard-Imperial Diehard-Founder Of The Old Republic

The Most Valuable - Devastator - Fleet Admiral - Space Magnate

Kain_Turinbar
01.19.2014 , 10:27 PM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by DEATHICIDE View Post
Likely one of two things:

1 Plasma rail gun applies the dot, they fly out of line of sight from the offending gunship, notice they are still taking damage then cry hack

2 Quell/Pike locks on with one missile, fires, switches to it's secondary, locks on again while the first one is in flight, hits with a double whammy then they again, cry hack
I got accused of hacking today for the first time. I was flying my mastered Pike and the other team was full of two ship lowbies. I went to a sat that had 5 of them and it was like shooting fish in a barrel, they didn't try to break lock or anything and I quickly killed all 5 and then used my heavy lasers to kill the turrets fast (ignore armor makes this so easy). A lot of new players getting farmed fast when they don't understand the game mechanics is probably making them cry foul.

The only kind of "cheating" I think is happening is the intentional laggers. I've seen a few more cases of it lately but they usually end up just crashing into the sat anyway.

NotThatOne
01.19.2014 , 10:32 PM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by Kain_Turinbar View Post
I got accused of hacking today for the first time. I was flying my mastered Pike and the other team was full of two ship lowbies. I went to a sat that had 5 of them and it was like shooting fish in a barrel, they didn't try to break lock or anything and I quickly killed all 5 and then used my heavy lasers to kill the turrets fast (ignore armor makes this so easy). A lot of new players getting farmed fast when they don't understand the game mechanics is probably making them cry foul.

The only kind of "cheating" I think is happening is the intentional laggers. I've seen a few more cases of it lately but they usually end up just crashing into the sat anyway.
Intentional laggers can be handled quite easily with the Pike. They often won't get lock or launch warning in time to do anything about the respawn headed their way. Had one accuse me of hacking, because insta-lock. I told him he may want to restart his PC and reset his router
Animal-mutha, 55 Combat Medic
<Black Squadron>
POT5

mr_sim
01.19.2014 , 10:50 PM | #6
I did once see a guy orbit the satellite in a perfect ring that seemed to follow one of the contours of the satellite. I blew the guy away a few times and never did he seem to dodge.

It might have been a bot but then were talking about a basic follow this course kind of thing.
Striker Pilot - Jedi Covenant - Imperial Forces

<Roving Guns>

Sadishist
01.19.2014 , 11:57 PM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by mr_sim View Post
I did once see a guy orbit the satellite in a perfect ring that seemed to follow one of the contours of the satellite. I blew the guy away a few times and never did he seem to dodge.

It might have been a bot but then were talking about a basic follow this course kind of thing.
Yes those ones exist. He was AFK.

Bleeters
01.20.2014 , 12:16 AM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by Kain_Turinbar View Post
Myeah, I don't want to leap to conclusions whenever I see people jump about from lag, but a few times now I've had people start and stop at far too beneficial times to not get slightly suspicious.

dancezwithnubz
01.20.2014 , 12:32 AM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by silvershadows View Post
I assume the guy was referring to my 44 percent or higher accuracy with a flashfire.
44%? nice shooting. if that was 95%+, i'd be concerned. I've managed 40% plus in a few games with a Blackbolt.

44%? carry on!

I havn't seen anything so untowards yet that i'm prepared to cry: hack!

silvershadows
01.20.2014 , 12:54 AM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by dancezwithnubz View Post
44%? nice shooting. if that was 95%+, i'd be concerned. I've managed 40% plus in a few games with a Blackbolt.

44%? carry on!

I havn't seen anything so untowards yet that i'm prepared to cry: hack!
Well that was kind of my point - you'd think that if i was using an aimbot, my aim would be higher than, say, 70 percent. Not 40-50 percent.
Avatia
Deception Assassin
<Tave Naefas Lazea>
A Sith endures.