Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

[guide] How to get Grade 31/72 schematics

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Crew Skills
[guide] How to get Grade 31/72 schematics

abenegating
03.04.2014 , 01:42 PM | #21
Quote: Originally Posted by Mireleni View Post
Are there profitable Cybertech crafts I'm missing?
31 might stuff tends to sell decently, but I haven't had much luck selling any other 31 mods/ armorings. Purple 28 (66s) items are a consistent seller. They may not bring in the big bucks like a 31 piece, but it adds up over time, and the mats are much cheaper and easier to get. Also, cybertech is the best skill for gathering augment slot components, thanks to droid parts.

Kyanzes
04.13.2014 , 03:15 AM | #23
It seems to me that the true source of profit is free crafting. The crafter advertises they craft for mats at no fee. You trade the crafter, give them the mats, get the item instantly (pre-made or pre-purchased by the crafter) and then the crafter makes a new item: if they not crit on it they just repeat the process above, if they crit on it (make two items succesfully) then they just made a nice profit, possibly millions if it's a 31/34 item.

So the crafter might as well sell everything at crafting price, perhaps even cheaper than it costs to actually craft.

psandak
04.13.2014 , 07:51 AM | #24
Quote: Originally Posted by Kyanzes View Post
It seems to me that the true source of profit is free crafting. The crafter advertises they craft for mats at no fee. You trade the crafter, give them the mats, get the item instantly (pre-made or pre-purchased by the crafter) and then the crafter makes a new item: if they not crit on it they just repeat the process above, if they crit on it (make two items succesfully) then they just made a nice profit, possibly millions if it's a 31/34 item.

So the crafter might as well sell everything at crafting price, perhaps even cheaper than it costs to actually craft.
Thank you for providing me with a thread post to respond to regarding this....

I am officially reminded why I stayed away from grade 30 and 31 crafted item modifications: there's a significant loss of credits unless you crit.

I just looked up the GTN values of the crafting materials involved in making the grade 34 item modifications and even after nearly a week of having craftable 34s, the materials are valued at 2.9 million credits and the typical item modification runs at 2.5 million on the high side (on the Harbinger); you HAVE to crit to profit .

Furthermore you HAVE to hawk your wares in chat to make any sales right now. I've sold a total of three grade 34s on the GTN this week: two barrels and an enhancement.

I'll stick to grade 28s, they sell like hotcakes and at a profit before crits .

Dak_fireraker
04.17.2014 , 05:40 AM | #25
There is a 3rd reason for wanting to get the 30,31,34 schematics that wasn't mentioned. The person looking for them is an OCD completist (looking in a mirror right now, oops, *puts it away* ) & wants them just so he can have them. I'm w/ you Psandak, I make my bank crafting to the lower levels, the mats are cheap & craft time is low so I can make a lot & get a substantial profit. However, & I'm Speaking solely of myself as a 450 crafter (of any kind) not having a top end schematic is an embarrassment. Its like I'm not really a 450 crafter but a 449.75 crafter.
Darkside Star Wars Battlefront Jung Ma server
Solstar LVL 55 Assassin; Robotripper ; Marauder-Smurf - Mara; Mjr'Mindcrime - Operative; Solstie - Sorc
Solqitta LVL 55 Commando; Solahmar ; Kularima - Knight; Lanarima - Smuggler

DawnAskham
04.17.2014 , 09:30 AM | #26
Quote: Originally Posted by psandak View Post
Thank you for providing me with a thread post to respond to regarding this....

I am officially reminded why I stayed away from grade 30 and 31 crafted item modifications: there's a significant loss of credits unless you crit.

I just looked up the GTN values of the crafting materials involved in making the grade 34 item modifications and even after nearly a week of having craftable 34s, the materials are valued at 2.9 million credits and the typical item modification runs at 2.5 million on the high side (on the Harbinger); you HAVE to crit to profit .

Furthermore you HAVE to hawk your wares in chat to make any sales right now. I've sold a total of three grade 34s on the GTN this week: two barrels and an enhancement.

I'll stick to grade 28s, they sell like hotcakes and at a profit before crits .
The part where you have to stand in Fleet and hawk 'Trading XXXX 34 for mats, free' is why I don't bother.

That and as you stated, they don't sell in mass quantities so while it looks highly profitable even accounting for a moderate crit rate, unless you are churning through large quantities and can spend all day in game hawking mats for crafted items in trade, the actual results are much lower.

Done casually over the course of a week or two however, and it can be a way to get free or very cheap upgrades for your alts.

psandak
04.20.2014 , 10:13 AM | #27
Quote: Originally Posted by Dak_fireraker View Post
There is a 3rd reason for wanting to get the 30,31,34 schematics that wasn't mentioned. The person looking for them is an OCD completist (looking in a mirror right now, oops, *puts it away* ) & wants them just so he can have them. I'm w/ you Psandak, I make my bank crafting to the lower levels, the mats are cheap & craft time is low so I can make a lot & get a substantial profit. However, & I'm Speaking solely of myself as a 450 crafter (of any kind) not having a top end schematic is an embarrassment. Its like I'm not really a 450 crafter but a 449.75 crafter.
IMO that is a silly reason for going for schematics. Never understood it, never will. Just a HUGE money sink with no end...ever. DarthTHC and I are on the same page: "make credits not stuff," and being completionist negates one's ability to make credits.

Personally, I would rather be a 449.75 crafter that makes millions of credits a week than be a completionist struggling to get that next schematic that no one - except completionists- will ever want, and getting frustrated over not getting it.

psandak
04.23.2014 , 07:46 AM | #28
Updated the OP to reflect the ability to RE grade 34/rating 180 items.

The message is the same: the materials are worth more than the crafted stuff. If you are willing and able to hawk your wares for materials in gen chat you can profit. Otherwise you are probably better of selling the materials to get as doing so will generate more profit.

ShadowMudkip
04.24.2014 , 01:28 PM | #29
The grade 28s are the stuff that drops from the oricon quests right? Where do you get the schematics to craft those?
JediCovenant
The Veir Legacy
Mairick-Assassin Mylius-Sorcerer
Kaidin-Mercenary

psandak
04.24.2014 , 03:47 PM | #30
Quote: Originally Posted by ShadowMudkip View Post
The grade 28s are the stuff that drops from the oricon quests right? Where do you get the schematics to craft those?
Yes, Oricon stuff is grade 28. Premium/Green quality Grade 28 schematics are available at the trainer. You then have to craft the greens and RE to blue, then craft the blues to RE to purple.