Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

[IMPORTANT] Character Loading Issues

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Customer Service
[IMPORTANT] Character Loading Issues
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Bronholz
01.10.2014 , 05:49 PM | #1 This is the last staff post in this thread.  
Hi all,

We are continuing to investigate reports of players who are unable to login to certain characters. We understand the frustrations that these issues can cause and we're working on getting this resolved as quickly as possible.

To help us look into this, there's some steps we'd like you to take and some information that we'd like you to provide below.

If you have a character that is affected by this please attempt to log into the character that’s having the issue and wait at least 10 minutes for the character to log in – even if the cog stops spinning.

If you are able to login:
  • How long did it take?
  • Where were you when you logged in? (Planet/Area)

If you were not able to login;
  • How long did you wait?
  • Which server are you characters located on?
  • Are all your characters affected?

Thanks for your patience thus far.
Bronholz | BioWare Customer Service – Forum Support

Holymose
01.12.2014 , 03:53 AM | #2
Quote: Originally Posted by Bronholz View Post
Hi all,

We are continuing to investigate reports of players who are unable to login to certain characters. We understand the frustrations that these issues can cause and we're working on getting this resolved as quickly as possible.

To help us look into this, there's some steps we'd like you to take and some information that we'd like you to provide below.

If you have a character that is affected by this please attempt to log into the character that’s having the issue and wait at least 10 minutes for the character to log in – even if the cog stops spinning.

• How long did it take?

• How long did you wait?

Waited 30 min for my character Holymose to log in to harbinger..... nothing tried restarting game and waited another 15 min nothing. selected another character worked fine.
Given that I've had issues with this game from the start and only had it a week I'm rather disappointed with the whole thing. First and currently my main char is unplayable, that's after having to jump through numerous hoops just to get the game to load properly. Initially the "pink" screen caused alot of issues which still makes me wonder how hard is it to fix?? I mean I can't play the game full screen and during most starfighter games I can't properly control my craft cause I have multiple monitors.. seeing as I PAY for this gaming service I expect at least some moderate ability to play the game. Having to jump through all these hoops is tiresome, if you want to maintain your cashflow (Jobs) fix this or at the very least compensate those affected by this and try communicating with an actual response the canned messages are very tiresome and annoying.

Roalmo
01.12.2014 , 05:14 AM | #3
1. Server: Harbinger

2. Characters: 6 level 52s on Corellia in Spaceport Cantina(created BEFORE 2013). And sundry others at lower levels, mostly on Corscant/Drumond Kas/Fleet, also created before 2013.

3. Process: Login to Character Select Screen, chose character, click to play. Nothing happens, I do not get to loading screen, so no spinning wheel, just sit on Character select screen.

4. Work around: Select character created IN 2013, logs on normally. Now log out of this character and log onto the older characters normally.

5. Only happens on Harbinger, can log onto characters on Shadowlands and Red Eclipse normally.

dgeraghty
01.12.2014 , 05:33 AM | #4
I've been experiencing something like this but the cause seems to be related to error 9000.

Server: Harbinger

Log in to game and character fine. Character location is various and not related (various planets/flashpoints/space missions).

After a period of play, (min 5 minutes max 1 hour) I get error 900 and am booted from game to server login screen.

On return to character select screen on Harbinger I attempt to click Play on that same character and nothing happens. Clicking on another Character generates error saying already logged in as different character.
Changing servers and returning does not rectify.

Only way to overcome is to close the client and then relog in.

After a period of play get error 9000 again and repeat.

Tiaryu
01.12.2014 , 09:30 AM | #5
Number of characters Total: 19
# Character's with issue: 18,
Character's that Work: 1, ( which is my lowest lvl , 7) Imp side, 35 secs to log into it,
Location of Working Alt: Nemro's Palace, Hutta.

Wait time for Characters that don't work: 15~25 mins ( before giving up and going to the Ebon Hawk)
Details: I log on into the Harbinger server and click on a character. The sound plays for launching into the Character load screen and then doesn't do anything else. Just sits on the Character select screen.

I can play any character that i have created on the Ebon hawk but when switching or even starting out on the Harbinger server i cannot get on to any of my characters except for the one that works. If i want to play on my Main's I have to switch from the Ebon hawk server to the Harbinger and then exit out of the game entirely. Then reload the game and click on only 1 character to play and then not log off unless i want to go thru this process all over...

Also don't know if it helps or not but here goes: I've been a subscriber since game launch and have been playing since, so i was wondering if it might help to inform you I've been seeing some Really old glitches again i.e: The orange pixel dot for like a bit. This weird column of missing graphics on doc that says Missing Granny all over it during the end of Chp 2 knight story. Here's a pic of this one here

Ulalume
01.12.2014 , 10:06 AM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by Bronholz View Post
Hi all,
  • How long did it take?

• How long did you wait?

Server: Harbinger.
Characters: 15 total, four do NOT have this issue. 11 do.

Tried logging in with all 11 that have the issue. They never logged on, waited 10 - 20 minutes before moving on to the next one.

The four that do not have the log in issue range in level from 1 to 15. Locations: Hutta, Coruscant, Dromund Kaas.

The 11 that do have the log in issue range in level from 17 to 55 (six 55s, one 51, one 22, one 18, two 17s). Locations: Makeb, Imperial Fleet, Republic Fleet.

As reported earlier, I thought at first this was an issue with when the characters were created (most were created between December 2011 and June 2012) but my level 18 was created about 4 months ago and cannot log in when I return to the Harbinger after playing on another server. In addition, two that were created between March and August 2012 have no problems logging in (both level 13s).

Another (maybe related) issue that I've been having since the Galactic Starfighter expansion started: about 20% of the time, I crash to desktop when trying to switch servers from or to Harbinger. I don't think I've had the issue going between Ebon Hawk and Begeren Colony. In addition, sometimes when I launch the game and Harbinger was the last server I was logged into, the client never connects and crashes OR will dump me into the server selection screen.

Hope this helps.

ETA: I've been having more issues switching back to Harbinger from EH and BC. I get the following errors: 1003, 1005.

Lednew
01.12.2014 , 01:29 PM | #7
For me, this only occurs on The Harbinger, and on every character I have there. All of whom are either on their starships, or in the VIP area of fleet, and range in level from 20-55. This has been going on consistently for almost two weeks as of the time of this posting, however I can't recall the precise day it started.

In detail:
I am looking at the The Harbinger Character Select screen, select a character and click the "Play" button. I hear the sound, but then nothing happens. I am still looking at the Character Select screen. I have run through all 12 of my characters on The Harbinger, with the same result.

Workaround:
If I exit the game entirely while on The Harbinger Character Select screen, and then re-start the game, I am then able log on all characters normally. If I am on The Harbinger when the game first launches, everything seems to work fine. This issue appears to occur only after selecting and logging in to The Harbinger from the US Server List.

merkene
01.12.2014 , 03:08 PM | #8
I am sorry but I am frustrated and I have to say what I am about to say....
I can't believe what am I hearing here. People are reporting this problem for couple of weeks and it is still not being fixed yet ? I opened a ticket yesterday for this issue and got the same response that is posted on this forum. We as THE CUSTOMERS are not your employees, we are not beta testers either. You are telling us (THE CUSTOMERS) to sit and waste OUR TIME waiting to be able to play the game. Also you DON'T CLOSE an open ticket unless the issue is resolved or fixed. You can't just say yeah we know it, but i want you to do this and that first and then help me do my job. why don't I come and work as a programmer and fix your bugs for free as well ? Oh wait I am a paying member. I should have never signed up.

SithSpongebob
01.12.2014 , 05:50 PM | #9
Character: Raphaelange Level 17 Sith Inquisitor (Assassin)
Last actions: I did a lot of space missions, as i had just unlocked my personal ship. Then i decided to create a new character and long story short now cant play this character.
When i click play on this character, nothing happens. the loading screen doesnt show up the game doesnt crash, it just sits there. Doing nothing.
I can play my new characters that I have made on the Harbinger server, but still can't log into my Level 17.
It has been over a week now..

Also, this;
Quote: Originally Posted by merkene View Post
I am sorry but I am frustrated and I have to say what I am about to say....
I can't believe what am I hearing here. People are reporting this problem for couple of weeks and it is still not being fixed yet ? I opened a ticket yesterday for this issue and got the same response that is posted on this forum. We as THE CUSTOMERS are not your employees, we are not beta testers either. You are telling us (THE CUSTOMERS) to sit and waste OUR TIME waiting to be able to play the game. Also you DON'T CLOSE an open ticket unless the issue is resolved or fixed. You can't just say yeah we know it, but i want you to do this and that first and then help me do my job. why don't I come and work as a programmer and fix your bugs for free as well ? Oh wait I am a paying member. I should have never signed up.
Sort your *********** **** out

MasterTy
01.12.2014 , 10:44 PM | #10
I have 4 characters that I cannot log into. I even completely uninstalled the game and then re-installed it and it did not solve anything. Someone needs to get on top of this ASAP! I'm noticing from all these replies that it seems to only be effecting Harbinger server.