Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Event is over... Stop throwing snowballs!

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Event is over... Stop throwing snowballs!

DarthTHC
01.10.2014 , 01:31 PM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by Nydus View Post
I miss that. And then because people treat this as a single player game and didn't want anything happening that didn't fit their own personal story they complained until they removed it.

AND we wonder why people abandoned the game? People are crying for freedom and creativity in their MMOs. Indie games like DayZ and Minecraft and Eve takeoff, while the WoW clones from the big studios falter...

- Arcada
What's wrong with freedom to be creative in a manner that doesn't impact anyone else's character without their express permission?
Human beings see oppression vividly when they're the victims. Otherwise they victimize blindly and without a thought. ~ Isaac Bashevis Singer

Brewski
01.10.2014 , 01:37 PM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by cycao View Post
Lol remember when the rakghoul ended? People were blowing up for weeks after that.
Months. I think you can still pick up the vaccine can't you?

Mireleni
01.10.2014 , 04:10 PM | #13
I can understand a slight annoyance on a RP server, though what if someone is roleplaying a character who is a bit of a prankster? I guess you can frown disapprovingly at them, and ask them to leave you alone because you have important business to tend to.

I love throwing the snowballs, just as I have loved throwing the tinsel bomb since it first appeared on the Cartel Market. I generally use it as a friendly gesture--I see a guildie on fleet, I snowball/tinsel them. Someone waves at me, I'll snowball/tinsel them. I also might tinsel/snowball someone on fleet that I perceive as being silly (like doing a jig or repeated toe touches). I don't really see myself throwing snowballs or tinsel at completely random people, though if they have the "A Special Snowflake" title, I might throw a snowball. I mostly use them in raids, for instance on that one person who missed the ready check. They are fun and aesthetically pleasing. The snowball even makes a pretty sound when it lands.

I guess it's just a hazard of MMOs--with other people around, they may do things that annoy you. Like park a huge speeder over the mailbox, or throw down a party bomb and a rhythm augmentation droid so two different songs play at once. If someone is deliberately harassing you, for instance, throwing the snowball on you on cooldown for several minutes or after you've asked them to stop, then that's bad. But if a random snowball hits you once in a while, it shouldn't be a big deal. Might as well complain about people using emotes. I wish people would throw snowballs at me more often, since I like trailing snowflakes (it is still winter, at least in the northern hemisphere), and I can't give myself the snow dusted buff
Revan: You just called me a meatbag again!
HK-47: Explanation: It's just that...you have all these squishy parts, master. And all that water! How the constant sloshing doesn't drive you mad, I have no idea.
Revan: Neither do I, come to think of it...

Joonbeams
01.10.2014 , 05:08 PM | #14
/signed

Ilayas
01.10.2014 , 05:17 PM | #15
But........ what am I going to throw at my guild leader during raids when my tinsel bomb is on cool down?
◚◚◚◚◚◚ịịịịị▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Imperial Entanglements: A SWTOR Parody Web Comic

Laris_Rai
01.10.2014 , 05:23 PM | #16
Well, if you're all so upset by this...congrats. Now I wanna go hit people with snowballs.
"Buy the ticket, take the ride." - Hunter S. Thompson

discbox
01.10.2014 , 05:24 PM | #17
I need no event to smack a snowball in other peoples virtual faces.

Belegnole
01.10.2014 , 06:17 PM | #18
Next time I'm on Hoth, I will most definitely be tossing some snow balls.
no matter where you go, there you are

JattaGin
01.10.2014 , 06:31 PM | #19
I like the snowflakes whirling around my char(s). I wished more people would still throw them since I cannot snowball myself.

Gom-Jabbar
01.10.2014 , 06:34 PM | #20
Perhaps the thread title is misleading. By all means, throw snowballs at your friends and such - I have no problem with that, and you certainly don't need my permission to do so. What I am referring to is the griefers who gather and spam snowballs at folks trying to conduct RP events. I know, not a big deal in the scheme of things - some people just enjoy being jerks, and I was a bit frustrated. It is just a game after all, but thanks for allowing me to vent a bit without this turning into a huge flame fest