Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Event is over... Stop throwing snowballs!

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Event is over... Stop throwing snowballs!

Gom-Jabbar
01.10.2014 , 10:40 AM | #1
Can we get these disabled until the next event? We have a bunch of trolls on an RP server who still insist on constant bombardment...

JPryde
01.10.2014 , 10:45 AM | #2
Quote: Originally Posted by Gom-Jabbar View Post
Can we get these disabled until the next event? We have a bunch of trolls on an RP server who still insist on constant bombardment...
Full support from me!

Or maybe patch the snow cannon to have an increasing chance of 5% per snowball to explode in the hands of the wearer, killing them (PvE death with full repair cost).
~~~ Macht Wächter ~~~
Vanjervalis Chain
Jhoira, Skarjis, Trântor, Ric-Xano, Sabri-torina, Tir-za, Shaina ...
We do not brake for Wookiees !

Pscyon
01.10.2014 , 10:53 AM | #3
Heh. I actually sold mine back to the vendor for the 1000 credits since a) I'm a cheapskate and b) I apparently managed to get enough parcels within the re-vendor time limit I would have assumed these things would despawn when the event went away... guess they're similar to the rakghoul vaccine then.
Sith Sorcerer

demotivator
01.10.2014 , 12:08 PM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by Gom-Jabbar View Post
And what about those who still want to RP a wookiee on Life Day?!
Randomizing your forums.

branmakmuffin
01.10.2014 , 12:35 PM | #5
It's no different from the tinsel bomb. It''s just a game. Deal with it or report for harassment.

Darth_Wicked
01.10.2014 , 12:41 PM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by branmakmuffin View Post
It's no different from the tinsel bomb. It''s just a game. Deal with it or report for harassment.
The tinsel bomb is far more expensive than the snowball and thus, the use of the latter confers upon the user a different standing altogether within the game.

Sad but true.

If people use a one million credits worth item, they're the bomb. If one uses one that costs 10 credits or so and it's locked to a bound period still after its initial use, they're trolls.

I don't use mine but have no issue whatsoever with other people using it. As you said, it's a game.

cycao
01.10.2014 , 12:42 PM | #7
Lol remember when the rakghoul ended? People were blowing up for weeks after that.

Nydus
01.10.2014 , 12:43 PM | #8
No deal. I'll continue to throw them if I think someone is being a jerk.

I'm for any content that furthers the options available to players and the creativity that results. While most of my characters wouldn't throw a snowball, one definitely would and will continue to do so. Deal with it.

- Arcada
The Arcada Legacy (Ebon Hawk)
Ord'os (Lvl.55 Sorcerer), Naresa (Lvl.53 Operative), Jagrafess (Lvl.19 Marauder)
Nydus (Lvl.54 Shadow), Toclafane (Lvl.27 Guardian)

Nydus
01.10.2014 , 12:46 PM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by cycao View Post
Lol remember when the rakghoul ended? People were blowing up for weeks after that.
I miss that. And then because people treat this as a single player game and didn't want anything happening that didn't fit their own personal story they complained until they removed it.

AND we wonder why people abandoned the game? People are crying for freedom and creativity in their MMOs. Indie games like DayZ and Minecraft and Eve takeoff, while the WoW clones from the big studios falter.

DayZ... right now is in a terrible state. The alpha is basically unplayable yet it has 921,939 players and that list grows day by day. Why? Because the philosophy is that players should be able to do whatever they want, and treat other players however they won't. No moderators, no swear filter, etc.

Yeah, and it leads to a brutally hard game (permadeath) but at least you think you've achieved something by the time you die.

- Arcada
The Arcada Legacy (Ebon Hawk)
Ord'os (Lvl.55 Sorcerer), Naresa (Lvl.53 Operative), Jagrafess (Lvl.19 Marauder)
Nydus (Lvl.54 Shadow), Toclafane (Lvl.27 Guardian)

psikofunkster
01.10.2014 , 01:29 PM | #10
Full support also disable the anniversary Confetti stuff. its pretty annoying too.