Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

RIP orbital strike

Jerba
01.10.2014 , 08:47 AM | #61
Quote: Originally Posted by TACeMossie View Post
Actually, im gonna go on askmrrobot to see what the numbers will look like in optimized. Does 120 crit sound like a good value to use?
I based the 1200 bonus dmg on Frecklés AMR profile, who is second highest in the Slinger/Sniper DPS leaderboards. He has 1179 bonus damage to be exact, and 131 points put into crit rating. So 120 sounds like a good value.

TACeMossie
01.10.2014 , 08:48 AM | #62
Quote: Originally Posted by Jerba View Post
I based the 1200 bonus dmg on Frecklés AMR profile, who is second highest in the Slinger/Sniper DPS leaderboards. He has 1179 bonus damage to be exact, and 131 points put into crit rating. So 120 sounds like a good value.
Ah well that explains it. While OS may be a tech attack, you were looking at the Ranged bonus damage. The Tech bonus damage is what we need to look at.

Jerba
01.10.2014 , 08:52 AM | #63
Ah well that explains it. While OS may be a tech attack, you were looking at the Ranged bonus damage. The Tech bonus damage is what we need to look at.
Oh, sorry for that. Like I wrote, I never did any kind of stat calculations before, so thank you for correcting me. It's nice to learn something new, thank you!

Svii
01.10.2014 , 09:37 AM | #64
4 ticks
Remember that they're also moving the 2pc pvp bonus to 4pc, no more 4 ticks on OS unless you want to run with 4 pvp armorings and losing out on the 2pc pve set bonus.

TACeMossie
01.10.2014 , 09:45 AM | #65
Quote: Originally Posted by Svii View Post
Remember that they're also moving the 2pc pvp bonus to 4pc, no more 4 ticks on OS unless you want to run with 4 pvp armorings and losing out on the 2pc pve set bonus.
Ok... Damn I could have sworn it was 4 ticks prior to the set bonus. Well, reduce all the damage by 25% then. And when you do that... Yeah its not worth it unless you love using the PvP armor.

you sure it doesn't tick on impact? Cause I know it ticks at 3/6/9 seconds (and 12 if using PvP bonus)

Svii
01.10.2014 , 09:51 AM | #66
you sure it doesn't tick on impact? Cause I know it ticks at 3/6/9 seconds (and 12 if using PvP bonus)
Yep, first hit is 3 sec after cast is finished.

DarkSaberMaster
01.10.2014 , 09:52 AM | #67
62% nerf on damage is overkill on any ability. I have never heard of an ability being nerfed by that much in any game I have ever played. If this is the new standard, when can we see this applied to Smash/Sweep?
Daage: (Serenity Shadow) Daege: (AP Powertech)
Durenzo: (Ruffian Scoundrel) The Harbinger
Referral link for free stuff

Kuciwalker
01.10.2014 , 10:24 AM | #68
Quote: Originally Posted by SamuelAU View Post
Snipers are a pure DPS class and should, in theory, be able to output the highest DPS alongside marauders. If the 62% reduced damage does come into effect than snipers will parse (on average) lower than mercenaries, operatives, sorcerers and marauders. A pure DPS class should not be in 5th position.
The developers have said since the beginning that there is no 'hybrid tax' and that pure DPS classes should not have more dps than the others.

Kuciwalker
01.10.2014 , 10:28 AM | #69
Quote: Originally Posted by ArchangelLBC View Post
First, I'm sorry. Since when is asking the dev team to not go overboard on their nerfs make me a spoiled child?
I'd attribute it more to the "die in a fire" comment, myself.

Helmholtzz
01.10.2014 , 10:30 AM | #70
Well time to go roll bang and show the middle finger to every other dps class. The only problem is going roll bang makes me a melee dps and that kind of sucks and that roll in place this is a little buggy. but if the devs are pushing me towards that what can I do?
Dead on Arrival Begeren Colony
Ascension Jedi Covenant
Instead of loving your enemies - treat your friends a little better.
Rööt Baree Dragonslayer Infernő