Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

RIP orbital strike

Elgr
02.05.2014 , 07:18 AM | #201
The decrease in orbital strike is absurd. Tested using various parsing, and critical hits now range from 1366 to 2350, with avg of ~1600, I am a lvl 55 with half lvl 180 gear and Eng/Lethal hybrid spec. Orbital strike (for me) is down almost 75% from damage done before 2.6. It is now a worthless attack. Bio/EA needs to reset the damage spec to the pre-2.6 update. I would rather have a 1 min CD with damage and increased energy cost, then a 45 sec CD with a worthless attack. This kind of modification may in fact cause me to discontinue my subscription and I have been here since day 1 of the release of SWTOR. In my opinion, SWTOR has just killed the game.

Quickglue
02.05.2014 , 10:35 AM | #202
Good thing they nerfed it in my opinion, add phases like on CZ and Draxus were easy mode with this, it was a one button click from 3 people then back on boss, that's not challenging nor fun. We should be using grenades and conal AoE more.

Sirox
02.05.2014 , 11:16 AM | #203
At last i can say **** YOU BW what the hell are u doing you buff classes like assasin or operative and u nerf a sniper. Are u *********** kidding me. This class is the most useless class in arena. You have no def cds, you can't stun on the right skill tree, in the left tree all people ran out of sight and the middle tree is just crap. This class is trash. I played the Sniper since release and this class wasn't in the whole time never overpowered. Now u can't play this class in arena and i want to add ByeBye Swtor cu Elder Scrolls. Abo is closed and my last words are:" Pls delete the Sniper and Gunslinger Class or say that it is only in pve usefull" RIP Orbi - RIP Sniper - RIP Swtor

BaineOs
02.05.2014 , 11:45 AM | #204
Quote: Originally Posted by Sirox View Post
At last i can say **** YOU BW what the hell are u doing you buff classes like assasin or operative and u nerf a sniper. Are u *********** kidding me. This class is the most useless class in arena. You have no def cds, you can't stun on the right skill tree, in the left tree all people ran out of sight and the middle tree is just crap. This class is trash. I played the Sniper since release and this class wasn't in the whole time never overpowered. Now u can't play this class in arena and i want to add ByeBye Swtor cu Elder Scrolls. Abo is closed and my last words are:" Pls delete the Sniper and Gunslinger Class or say that it is only in pve usefull" RIP Orbi - RIP Sniper - RIP Swtor
You are entitled to your opinion and I try to respect that when I write this. However I believe you are dead wrong, the class is not trash just because of a nerf to one skill.

To say you have no def cds is strange to say the least. We have a lot of skills that can be used defensively (granted engineering has the most but even so...).
Es'carli D'Lakutos (Active) - Baine Os Juros (Active)
Engineering spec

Xasser
02.05.2014 , 12:12 PM | #205
Taken from the top 3 answers sticky in the Sniper forum... check it out..

Quote:
That said, we are not completely satisfied with Lethality at the moment. We specifically donít like that using Orbital Strike and Explosive Probe rotationally as a Lethality Sniper increases your single target damage, but thatís more of a problem with Orbital Strike and Explosive Probe than Lethality. Weakening Blast could probably use an energy cost and, as a result, get a damage boost. Series of Shots and Snipe could probably use some boons to make them stronger abilities in the Lethality rotation Ė as it stands, they are in the rotation, but not strong enough to keep players from using Explosive Probe and Orbital Strike.

While all of this is less than ideal, making changes to Explosive Probe and Orbital Strike could have negative effects on the other Sniper specializations, so it isnít likely that you will see changes for this anytime soon. But we will certainly be addressing these issues at some point in the future.
Does the last paragraph not piss you off that they knew what they was doing... OS was suppose to effect Lethality? lol Bio Fail...

Sirox
02.05.2014 , 12:25 PM | #206
Quote: Originally Posted by BaineOs View Post
You are entitled to your opinion and I try to respect that when I write this. However I believe you are dead wrong, the class is not trash just because of a nerf to one skill.

To say you have no def cds is strange to say the least. We have a lot of skills that can be used defensively (granted engineering has the most but even so...).
I belive we play a different class in arena. Now teach me what are u doing if the enemys focus you? what are u doing if a smasher attacks u? what are u doing if a assasin attacks u? whats ur plan to kill a op.

The answers
smasher hits u so hard if u are not on mm and if u are not in hunkerdown. rest of time he punsihs u so hard

assasin stun backstep stun backstep backstep -> on each tree and if u use stun breaker he stun u again

op u can't kill him mm he ran away and white dmg is crap - on lethality u can stun someone and he cleans himself - mid tree not enough burst

mid tree is useless except double role @ position
left tree only white dmg and los
right tree u can't stun anybody no aoe reduce = dead

def cds = crap cause shield probe absorb perhaps one attack
shield all 2 minutes hey a arena takes only 4 minutes
and last def cd avoid useless becaus it's useless against force attacks like smash

now tell me that sniper isn't crap @ arena pls look at the leaderbord only 20 pages of sniper but 60 of marauder ..............

cycao
02.05.2014 , 12:27 PM | #207
How big was this crutch in PvE because it sounded like it was massive? One ability cant make that much of a difference if you're decent at this game.

Xasser
02.05.2014 , 12:36 PM | #208
Quote: Originally Posted by cycao View Post
How big was this crutch in PvE because it sounded like it was massive? One ability cant make that much of a difference if you're decent at this game.
If you take Heat Seeker Missile away from an arsenal Merc, AOE healing circle away from a healer Sorc, Smash away from a rage Juggy... etc etc Its not a big difference at all

cycao
02.05.2014 , 12:42 PM | #209
Quote: Originally Posted by Xasser View Post
If you take Heat Seeker Missile away from an arsenal Merc, AOE healing circle away from a healer Sorc, Smash away from a rage Juggy... etc etc Its not a big difference at all
Oh was OS a top talented ability in a skill tree used in a rotation a few times every minute?

Xasser
02.05.2014 , 12:51 PM | #210
Quote: Originally Posted by cycao View Post
Oh was OS a top talented ability in a skill tree used in a rotation a few times every minute?
Is it a lvl 49 Signature ability? it was.... Does not have to be Heatseeker or AOE healing circle.. could be Overload or Dark Infusion.. still would be stupid.