Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

RIP orbital strike

Murder_Toys
01.09.2014 , 07:21 PM | #1
XS Freighter Flyby/Orbital Strike is now a 2.5 second cast that costs 10 Energy with a 45 second cooldown. It's base damage also got reduced by ~62%.

goodbye dear friend ^^ i knew you well
MurderToys | Empire | MurderToy | Republic
Want free server transfer and 7 days extra sub
http://www.swtor.com/r/KYbFPT

_Dominator_
01.09.2014 , 07:38 PM | #2
so from the best aoe skill to the worst?... wow

it's our lvl 49 or so ability,.. it should pack a punch.. slight nerf maybe but 62%...

Will we even bother casting it...

And where's your source?

Murder_Toys
01.09.2014 , 07:41 PM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by _Dominator_ View Post
so from the best aoe skill to the worst?... wow

Will we even bother casting it...

And where's your source?
pts is up tomorrow with patch notes
MurderToys | Empire | MurderToy | Republic
Want free server transfer and 7 days extra sub
http://www.swtor.com/r/KYbFPT

DarkSaberMaster
01.09.2014 , 07:59 PM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by Murder_Toys View Post
XS Freighter Flyby/Orbital Strike is now a 2.5 second cast that costs 10 Energy with a 45 second cooldown. It's base damage also got reduced by ~62%.

goodbye dear friend ^^ i knew you well
Link?
Back for a little bit.....for now.

diadox
01.09.2014 , 08:10 PM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by DarkSaberMaster View Post
Link?
*Removed link for reasons seen in next post*

Is what is available atm. Notes should be up tomorrow.
Rhuarc -- Rhu
The Red Eclipse

ArenCordial
01.09.2014 , 08:18 PM | #6
You might want to get rid of that link, we are not supposed to post that stuff here.

As for the nerf. Ouch! That really really hurts. I'd rather they have done something like increase the cost or the cooldown. Its an attack from a starship so its supposed to hurt, not tickle.

Jerba
01.09.2014 , 09:00 PM | #7
Yeah, sad day for slingers and snipers...
Orbitals were a great way to get rid of adds in boss fights, now we need to redesign the tactics because orbitals alone won't kill them. I guess Cybertech players will be happy that demand for their grenades is rising again.
Anxious to test the patch on the PTS tomorrow.

_Dominator_
01.09.2014 , 09:04 PM | #8
well for markmanship, orbital was a big part of the damage.. so unless they buff something else.. markmanship won't compete with the rest.

And on a flavor note.. orbital is an epic ability.. it's supposed to hit like a truck it's coming from space... but now some missiles from a merc will hit as much or more..

Delta_V
01.09.2014 , 09:07 PM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by ArenCordial View Post
You might want to get rid of that link, we are not supposed to post that stuff here.

As for the nerf. Ouch! That really really hurts. I'd rather they have done something like increase the cost or the cooldown. Its an attack from a starship so its supposed to hurt, not tickle.
Yeah, I'd rather have seen them increase the cost to the point where it was prohibitive to use on single targets, rather than nerf the damage into the ground.

MasterFeign
01.09.2014 , 10:12 PM | #10
This can only be a pve nerf right? And if so, it would have had to mildy affect the dps output of any sniper spec. Not sure the intention here...

If it's a pvp thing... well then that's just quite sad... You know, cause it's almost impossible to avoid a giant glowing circle...