Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Hats off to the aces!

ellahrairah
01.05.2014 , 04:40 AM | #1
But who are the aces? Its not kills or damage caused... Its who has the most objective points, because they really won the game. Everything else is just support.

I give the true scout an exception though... He is the guy keeping the gun***** (not a typo) occupied, dropping sensor buoys and pimping out their ships to give their team and edge, but little glory on the scoreboard...

Next time you play a match, you'll see the top players when you push the objective tab and look at those ranks.

Hats off to the aces!

Elly_Dawn
01.05.2014 , 04:55 AM | #2
absolutely... Kill Count isn't everything people, and is meaningless if your team does not win, i'd rather win the match than be the loser with the highest Kill Count of the Losing Team... teamwork and helping out your fellow pilots while taking/holding a Sat. is what really matters... so yes Cheers to those that play the game and don't go running off from the objectives, you are the ones really trying to win...
if all the great fashion designers have gone over to the Darkside, then i will too...
Jedi Covenant: The Ashtear Legacy:

Elhaym - Shadow / Shinoa - Scoundrel
Dawnaria - Assassin / Adawn - Mercenary / D'jour - Operative

tunewalker
01.05.2014 , 04:58 AM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by ellahrairah View Post
But who are the aces? Its not kills or damage caused... Its who has the most objective points, because they really won the game. Everything else is just support.

I give the true scout an exception though... He is the guy keeping the gun***** (not a typo) occupied, dropping sensor buoys and pimping out their ships to give their team and edge, but little glory on the scoreboard...

Next time you play a match, you'll see the top players when you push the objective tab and look at those ranks.

Hats off to the aces!
Honestly the one that topped objectives wasn't neccisarily the one that did the best job capturing objective points. You only get objective points by staying near a point you already have and more often then not the person that gets the highest objectives were just flying around that one sat and it wasn't contested for a majority of the match.

In other words they didn't always do something.

At the same time those that have less then 10 objectives and a bunch of kills didn't really do much either (unless they were in a gunship.....maybe) because they didn't contribute to defending or attacking locations.

Often the pilots I would call "aces" get around 60-150 objective points a match with several kills as they were clearing trash from (I call killing enemy ships circling satilites 'clearing the trash' lol) and capturing objective points.

One stat does not an ACE make.

Mystry
01.05.2014 , 05:03 AM | #4
I have a habit of assaulting enemy satellites up close as a gunship.

Its surprisingly effective as all the defenders say A GUNSHIP, and fly off to chase me around for a while instead of defending their point.

Slivovidze
01.05.2014 , 05:18 AM | #5
I don't think that's the point. Take a guy who boosts his ship to A at the beginning of the match, caps A, and sits there the whole match, having maybe one kill. I mean, yeah, someone's gotta defend the sat, but this guy will have tons more objective points than the guy who will have 8 turret kills, 7 enemy kills and 4 sat captures in the same game, because he attended in the battle for B and C.

It's not really much possible to say who gave the most to the team. Maybe those with the most medals?

I myself must admit that once I get pugged, see bunch of unknowns in my team and several good imps, possibly premade, and the game doesn't start well, i.e. we are barely able to hold one sat, I just say screw this, I can't win this myself, let's go on rampage and slaughter as much imps as I can. I admit that it's not good teamplay, but if there is no one to shoot gunships to cover me while I cap, if there is no one to guard satelite I cap, I refuse to do a cannon fodder by trying to caoture well defended imperial outposts.

Svarthrafn
01.05.2014 , 05:25 AM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by tunewalker View Post
Honestly the one that topped objectives wasn't neccisarily the one that did the best job capturing objective points. You only get objective points by staying near a point you already have and more often then not the person that gets the highest objectives were just flying around that one sat and it wasn't contested for a majority of the match.

In other words they didn't always do something.

At the same time those that have less then 10 objectives and a bunch of kills didn't really do much either (unless they were in a gunship.....maybe) because they didn't contribute to defending or attacking locations.

Often the pilots I would call "aces" get around 60-150 objective points a match with several kills as they were clearing trash from (I call killing enemy ships circling satilites 'clearing the trash' lol) and capturing objective points.

One stat does not an ACE make.
Interestingly, I am often that one guy guarding the sat, AND I frequently finish the match atop the killboard. You see, one good pilot can keep a sat under control for an entire match, allowing his entire team to focus on capturing another WITHOUT needing to peel off to defend or retake a sat in the middle of the attack.

So you're wrong on that part. The other stuff is spot on though.

tunewalker
01.05.2014 , 05:26 AM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by Svarthrafn View Post
Interestingly, I am often that one guy guarding the sat, AND I frequently finish the match atop the killboard. You see, one good pilot can keep a sat under control for an entire match, allowing his entire team to focus on capturing another WITHOUT needing to peel off to defend or retake a sat in the middle of the attack.

So you're wrong on that part. The other stuff is spot on though.
I said Not Neccisarily. Not Always. There are exceptions like the one that you listed .

Elly_Dawn
01.05.2014 , 05:32 AM | #8
you do have a point... as someone who frequently defends, it's not enough to just fly circles... i keep watch on my mini-map and when i see that lone scout heading my way i pop out from under that Sat. like a hornet from it's nest ready to sting the invader... but, i will never let them lure me away from the Sat so one of theirs can come in from the other direction and take it while i'm chasing the original assailant across the entire map... so, defending is more than just circling the Sat...
if all the great fashion designers have gone over to the Darkside, then i will too...
Jedi Covenant: The Ashtear Legacy:

Elhaym - Shadow / Shinoa - Scoundrel
Dawnaria - Assassin / Adawn - Mercenary / D'jour - Operative

tunewalker
01.05.2014 , 05:37 AM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by Elly_Dawn View Post
you do have a point... as someone who frequently defends, it's not enough to just fly circles... i keep watch on my mini-map and when i see that lone scout heading my way i pop out from under that Sat. like a hornet from it's nest ready to sting the invader... but, i will never let them lure me away from the Sat so one of theirs can come in from the other direction and take it while i'm chasing the original assailant across the entire map... so, defending is more than just circling the Sat...
Ya absolutely, you just chase off the invaders keeping them away from the sat but never leaving more then 5k meters from the Sat itself (allows the turrets to provide good cover for you as well). Defending and capturing the sats are a must, but it takes more then flying circles around a sat to win. If you cant clear the trash you cant own the sat.

renegadeimp
01.05.2014 , 05:44 AM | #10
Did your team win? If so, Then everyone did the right thing. The game is about teamwork. Not about seeing who can be the best solo player.

For instance, if you wanted top damage, simply hop in your Gunship, fly above the enemy spawn ship by 14900m and start chipping away at the turrets. The turrets wont hit you and they have something like 50k+ hp. Most of the time, the enemy wont notice you either as you are way above the spawn, and out of their LOS.
Streamline - A guide to speeding up low - mid range Computer systems.
Latency Thread - Latency issue gathering thread..
Have a tech issue you need help with? You can nomally find me on the Customer Support forum.