Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Make Knights of the Old Republic 3

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > STAR WARS Discussion
Make Knights of the Old Republic 3

Beniboybling
01.13.2014 , 03:21 PM | #71
Quote: Originally Posted by JeffrenBrek View Post
You enlighten me. Where did I do the highlighted part?
Did I hit a nerve?
Gladly:

I don't get all these Revan fanbois.

They guy failed at absolutely everything he tried to do, bar killing Malak.

Here not only do you label those who appreciate Revan with a derogatory term, but you pass of this appreciation as illogical. That is to say you assert that anyone who is a fan of Revan is delusional. Just like one cannot say that 1 + 1 = 2 apparently Revan + Fan are incompatible and equally absurd. If that is not what you were trying to say, then perhaps you'd care to call off the dogs and stop hounding people for their personal and perfectly reasonable preferences.

Aurbere
01.13.2014 , 03:55 PM | #72
I think there's a difference between being a fan of a character and obsessing over that character. There's nothing wrong with liking a character for whatever reason. Just as there is nothing wrong with disliking a character for whatever reason.

My thoughts.
Added Chapter 66 to The Shadows Fall
"Your only hope to survive is to give in to the rage boiling within you, to acknowledge the Dark Side you deny, and tap into it!"--Darth Tyranus

Selenial
01.13.2014 , 03:58 PM | #73
Quote: Originally Posted by Selenial View Post
People Drastically overestimate him and love him dearly because they're pretty self involved and self loving. Bioware was genius, Revan is your character entirely, there's so many options that he simply becomes you, in Star Wars. And that's why everyone loves him, not because he's an in depth character, or pretty OP and cool, but because he's you, me, Beni, all of Revans haters, and all his fanboys.
^^ Ended the discussion, let's stop the Revan talk now boys

Edit: Though that did focus on the fanboys.

People probably hate him because they don't care how like them he is, they look at a character abstractly, and he hasn't got the type of Story and character development like Surik, Atton, Canderous, Traya, Malak, Anakin, Sidious and Yoda have, for the specific reason that he was designed to be a permeable character.
We all live or die as Krayt wills, Stryfe. At his word, I would cut out my own heart. Or yours.
Zarys Sorcerer Cathinka Seeliara Sage
Posted the prologue of fanfic Echoes.

Beniboybling
01.13.2014 , 04:04 PM | #74
Quote: Originally Posted by Aurbere View Post
I think there's a difference between being a fan of a character and obsessing over that character. There's nothing wrong with liking a character for whatever reason. Just as there is nothing wrong with disliking a character for whatever reason.

My thoughts.
Which is why its even more absurd that he used the term "fanboy" concerning those who felt Revan's ending was lacking. You don't even have to be a fan of Revan to have that opinion. Yet again the real mystery is why people feel the urge to make such accusations when any discussion favorable towards Revan arises...

And like I said, I have my theories.

Beniboybling
01.13.2014 , 04:06 PM | #75
Quote: Originally Posted by Selenial View Post
^^ Ended the discussion, let's stop the Revan talk now boys

Edit: Though that did focus on the fanboys.

People probably hate him because they don't care how like them he is, they look at a character abstractly, and he hasn't got the type of Story and character development like Surik, Atton, Canderous, Traya, Malak, Anakin, Sidious and Yoda have, for the specific reason that he was designed to be a permeable character.
I'd respectfully disagree that that is the explanation behind Revan fanboys or even fans. And a character lacking in depth is one to be overlooked, not despised and/or attacked.

But I'm not interested in having this discussion anyway, expressing my thoughts would not alter any opinions.

Aurbere
01.13.2014 , 04:19 PM | #76
Quote: Originally Posted by Beniboybling View Post
Which is why its even more absurd that he used the term "fanboy" concerning those who felt Revan's ending was lacking. You don't even have to be a fan of Revan to have that opinion. Yet again the real mystery is why people feel the urge to make such accusations when any discussion favorable towards Revan arises...

And like I said, I have my theories.
Revan's ending wasn't the greatest. I still believe he should have died against the Emperor. Then, at least, he would have had a good ending.
"Your only hope to survive is to give in to the rage boiling within you, to acknowledge the Dark Side you deny, and tap into it!"--Darth Tyranus

Selenial
01.13.2014 , 04:22 PM | #77
I'd respectfully disagree that that is the explanation behind Revan fanboys or even fans. And a character lacking in depth is one to be overlooked, not despised and/or attacked.

But I'm not interested in having this discussion anyway, expressing my thoughts would not alter any opinions.
Then what? He's not an interesting character. He's not uber-mega-powerful force god like Sidious or Luke, quite literally the only reason is because he's so permeable that he becomes the player.

And you still don't understand. No one hates Revan, they hate the Revan fanboys.
We all live or die as Krayt wills, Stryfe. At his word, I would cut out my own heart. Or yours.
Zarys Sorcerer Cathinka Seeliara Sage
Posted the prologue of fanfic Echoes.

Beniboybling
01.13.2014 , 04:23 PM | #78
Quote: Originally Posted by Aurbere View Post
Revan's ending wasn't the greatest. I still believe he should have died against the Emperor. Then, at least, he would have had a good ending.
I think death at the hands of the Emperor would have been lack luster as well. To be quite honest I think the entire Revan novel should have been written. Heck maybe one day I'll do it myself!

Aurbere
01.13.2014 , 04:27 PM | #79
I think death at the hands of the Emperor would have been lack luster as well. To be quite honest I think the entire Revan novel should have been written. Heck maybe one day I'll do it myself!
A part of me wants to make a thread about the Revan novel and just how bad it is. Yeah, it would be late, but if I had done it earlier I would have been called 'troll' or other such nonsense. It's been done to death, so maybe I won't.

Back to the actual discussion. Revan's death at the hands of the Emperor would have been better for me, but my reasoning would only work if the novel had a little more logical thinking put into it (it's better than what I had written previously).

JeffrenBrek
01.13.2014 , 04:28 PM | #80
Gladly:

I don't get all these Revan fanbois.

They guy failed at absolutely everything he tried to do, bar killing Malak.

Here not only do you label those who appreciate Revan with a derogatory term, but you pass of this appreciation as illogical. That is to say you assert that anyone who is a fan of Revan is delusional. Just like one cannot say that 1 + 1 = 2 apparently Revan + Fan are incompatible and equally absurd. If that is not what you were trying to say, then perhaps you'd care to call off the dogs and stop hounding people for their personal and perfectly reasonable preferences.
I find the things you read out of that short statement very amusing. Most of the stuff you wrote down I didn't say or even hinted at.
Nor did I "Declare what people can like and dislike".

I said exactly what the writing says. That I don't get the Revan fanboys (Namely, the ones who proclaim he is some sort of invincible god and the most powerful force user ever).
As a response, you went on an epic (Sorry, there are no other or better words to describe it) Nerd rage, then proceeded to actually give me an answer directly related to my statement...

Quote:
Why do I, personally like Revan? Because he's complex, he's flawed and he's human. Yet despite that carries a distinct sense of mystery and grandeur about him. I don't much care for his achievement and failings
.. before going into rage mode again.

I stated my opinion concerning Revan, that I don't see what is so special about the guy and that I don't get the "Revan fanbois".
If that is enough to get you on a rant like this, I really must have hit a nerve.