Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Make Knights of the Old Republic 3

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > STAR WARS Discussion
Make Knights of the Old Republic 3

NathanielCline
12.09.2013 , 09:30 PM | #1
Petition URL: http://www.thepetitionsite.com/1/make-kotor-3/

This petition is meant to show Disney/EA that a significant portion of gamers still enjoy single-player RPGs and feel let down when a particularly noteworthy series is abandoned in favor of an MMO.

The goal here is to get enough signatures so even the bean counters guarding the license will agree following up on the series is a good idea. Please tell your friends and family (none of the information below will be sold or used to spam you.)

We loved the KOTOR games for their riveting stories, life-like characters, and about a million other reasons too numerous to name--name one by your signature if you like--all of which made the journey worthwhile. We'd like it to continue.

So, if you've ever found yourself amazed by the choices these games forced you to make, or by some of the ones you found yourself making, or chuckled at what that faceless head had to say (who was that guy anyway?)

There's room for your name below. (Light and dark force points will be awarded accordingly.)

(Also join our community for ongoing updates: https://www.facebook.com/pages/Make-...14793918605615)

JeffrenBrek
12.09.2013 , 10:13 PM | #2
That would just be beyond pointless.

TalkingDinosaur
12.09.2013 , 10:38 PM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by JeffrenBrek View Post
That would just be beyond pointless.
Ugh, ever since people discovered Change.org they think a petition can solve anything.
TALKINGDINOSAUR
Squadron
11-11-11

Fidelicatessen
12.09.2013 , 11:18 PM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by TalkingDinosaur View Post
Ugh, ever since people discovered Change.org they think a petition can solve anything.
BINGO! You just won yourself 10 internets!

MY BOSS YELLED AT ME! I'm going to start a petition to get him fired!

I GOT CUT OFF IN TRAFFIC! I'm going to start a petition to get that guy's license revoked!

To be clear: I loved KOTOR1 and 2. This game IS, effectively, KOTOR3. Do you really think EA is going to pony up a ******** more cash so that Bioware could make the game that EA originally told them they weren't making?

How many signatures, exactly, do you think will change this huge, publically-held corporation's mind? Do they need to be stockholder signatures? How many shares much a given stockholder hold before his/her signature will matter?

ImmortalLowlife
12.10.2013 , 08:07 AM | #5
"Closed mouths don't get fed" & "thinking your opinion doesn't matter is why your opinion doesn't matter."

Although I'm sure EA knows that KOTOR 3 is the game that if done properly has the potential to sell more copies than BF, CoD, & GTA 5 combined. And we ALL know how money hungry Disney is. There's not a doubt in my mind that this game is being made.
"There is no Light Side...There is no Dark Side...there is only The Force..."

Server: The Shadowlands/ Guild~The Elite Imperial Guard & Order of the Light~

Callaron
12.10.2013 , 10:30 PM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by ImmortalLowlife View Post

Although I'm sure EA knows that KOTOR 3 is the game that if done properly has the potential to sell more copies than BF, CoD, & GTA 5 combined. And we ALL know how money hungry Disney is. There's not a doubt in my mind that this game is being made.
The mere fact that it's an RPG pretty much destroys that whole statement.
Take a close look at the games you listed right there.
RPGs are still a niche compared to shooters like BF and CoD and games like GTA (which has pretty much become a unique genre of its own).
Even the biggest RPG titles have a hard time coming close to even one of those titles when it comes to sales.

Over here some of the local gaming stores do "midnight openings" for the really popular games when they go live (which is usually US time) - care to guess which titles they do it for and which aren't worth the effort sales-wise?
I would love a KOTOR 3, an actual story focused RPG without all the MMO "filler" content diluting the pace, if they ever were to do it they could even tie it in with SWTOR - maybe even share some development resources (like a new planet); sure they'd need converting to the Hero engine, but all the concept art and some other things could still be shared.
Thanks for showing us you listen to our feedback, Bioware!
Join the Galactic Referral Army today and see the galaxy! (with a free character transfer and some other shiny Cartel Market unlocks!)
Want more Class stories? Let Bioware know!

DarthDymond
12.11.2013 , 04:22 AM | #7
"Closed mouths don't get fed" & "thinking your opinion doesn't matter is why your opinion doesn't matter."
Giving consumer feedback is good in general, but petitions like these tend to give people unrealistic expectations or really skewed impressions regarding how "obviously this would be a good move for [Company X], just look how many signatures the petition has!"

Although I'm sure EA knows that KOTOR 3 is the game that if done properly has the potential to sell more copies than BF, CoD, & GTA 5 combined.
Speaking of unrealistic expectations... I genuinely can't tell if this was just deliberately absurd hyperbole.

Given that Skyrim, that insanely popular RPG that everyone talks about, has been out for 2 years now and has sold a bit over 20 million copies (combined across PC, PS3 and XBox360) while GTA V has been out for just under 3 months and sold just under 30 million (without a PC release)... yeah, don't see that happening.
Given the choice whether to rule a corrupt and failing empire or to challenge the fates for another throw, a better throw, against one's destiny, what was a king to do?
But does one ever truly have a choice? One can only match, move by move, the machinations of fate, and thus defy the tyrannous stars.
~Kain

Blackholeskipper
12.11.2013 , 12:33 PM | #8
I'd rather Obsidian make KOTOR 3 but they'd have to get the license first.

Arandem
12.11.2013 , 11:33 PM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by NathanielCline View Post
Petition URL: http://www.thepetitionsite.com/1/make-kotor-3/

This petition is meant to show Disney/EA that a significant portion of gamers still enjoy single-player RPGs and feel let down when a particularly noteworthy series is abandoned in favor of an MMO.

The goal here is to get enough signatures so even the bean counters guarding the license will agree following up on the series is a good idea. Please tell your friends and family (none of the information below will be sold or used to spam you.)

We loved the KOTOR games for their riveting stories, life-like characters, and about a million other reasons too numerous to name--name one by your signature if you like--all of which made the journey worthwhile. We'd like it to continue.

So, if you've ever found yourself amazed by the choices these games forced you to make, or by some of the ones you found yourself making, or chuckled at what that faceless head had to say (who was that guy anyway?)

There's room for your name below. (Light and dark force points will be awarded accordingly.)

(Also join our community for ongoing updates: https://www.facebook.com/pages/Make-...14793918605615)
ah... another hopeful thread out of the countless others i have seen begging for kotor 3. no petition will change their minds sadly.

this is your kotor 3.

take it in for what it is because this is as good as gets: lawn mower covered in christmas lights mount.

but hey, I enjoy the story missions and gameplay so just sit back and enjoy what we do have while it lasts.

RaptorClown
12.12.2013 , 05:05 AM | #10
id love to see kotor ME engine like
pew pew meesa liking youssa