Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

How to obtain Lvl 31 Armoring/Mod/Enhancements

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Crew Skills
How to obtain Lvl 31 Armoring/Mod/Enhancements

LordHartigan's Avatar


LordHartigan
12.08.2013 , 09:36 PM | #1
From what crew skill missions can you discover these recipes?

psandak's Avatar


psandak
12.08.2013 , 10:02 PM | #2
Through reverse engineering only. So armoring and mods is through cybertech and enhancements are through artifice. You must acquire gear with grade 31 item modifications via comms or running operations, rip out the item modifications and then reverse engineer the item modification. As always there is a 20% chance of success.

That being said, my advice...don't actively seek the schematics. If the opportunity presents itself go for it, but otherwise don't bother. Why?...

#1 gear with grade 31 item modifications are available for elite commendations. Meaning that demand for crafted ones is lower than in the past
#2 the materials to craft the grade 31 item modifications usually cost more than the crafted items are valued at. On average (on my server) the materials run about 1mil and crafted item modifications sell for about 1.2mil. factor in the GTM cut and the profit margin is negligible.

And FYI, I am most definitely not trying to protect my "business." I only have a handful of grade 30 and 31 schematics because I practice what I preach and have never crafted any (I sell the materials and buy the finished product).

LordHartigan's Avatar


LordHartigan
12.08.2013 , 10:27 PM | #3
That's how you get from green to purple, but aren't the recipes discovered through slicing missions or something like that. I don't think you can buy the 31 recipes from any vendor (other than the GTN)?

dancezwithnubz's Avatar


dancezwithnubz
12.08.2013 , 11:31 PM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by LordHartigan View Post
That's how you get from green to purple, but aren't the recipes discovered through slicing missions or something like that. I don't think you can buy the 31 recipes from any vendor (other than the GTN)?
slicing will return up to '28 schematics.

if slicing could return '31 schematics, you'd find them on the GTN.

wainot-keel's Avatar


wainot-keel
12.09.2013 , 07:08 AM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by LordHartigan View Post
That's how you get from green to purple, but aren't the recipes discovered through slicing missions or something like that. I don't think you can buy the 31 recipes from any vendor (other than the GTN)?
Trainers do not have the schematics for grade 31 nor 30 items. None. The schematics aren't drops either, so no chance of finding them on the GTN.

Like psandak explained, you can only get them through reverse engineering

Slicing provides on a crit with sliced tech missions, schematics for augments, not for armorings, mods, etc....

LordHartigan's Avatar


LordHartigan
12.09.2013 , 08:52 AM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by wainot-keel View Post
Trainers do not have the schematics for grade 31 nor 30 items. None. The schematics aren't drops either, so no chance of finding them on the GTN.

Like psandak explained, you can only get them through reverse engineering

Slicing provides on a crit with sliced tech missions, schematics for augments, not for armorings, mods, etc....
So as an example, something Advanced Aptitude Mod 31 which is purple, what would you reverse engineer to get the schematic for that?

EnderSeventyFour's Avatar


EnderSeventyFour
12.09.2013 , 09:26 AM | #7
A dropped, extracted or bought-then-equipped-to-bind-it Advanced Aptitude Mod 31.
At this level you gain a schematic by reverse engineering the same item.

psandak's Avatar


psandak
12.09.2013 , 09:36 AM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by LordHartigan View Post
So as an example, something Advanced Aptitude Mod 31 which is purple, what would you reverse engineer to get the schematic for that?
Yes. All item modification schematics (armoring, mod, enhancement) above grade 28 (that's 30 and 31 for the moment) must be learned by reverse engineering existing item modifications.

There is no such thing as a premium/green or blue/prototype Aptitude Mod 31 (or any other grade 30 or 31 item modification); they are ALL purple.

LordHartigan's Avatar


LordHartigan
12.09.2013 , 11:01 AM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by psandak View Post
Yes. All item modification schematics (armoring, mod, enhancement) above grade 28 (that's 30 and 31 for the moment) must be learned by reverse engineering existing item modifications.

There is no such thing as a premium/green or blue/prototype Aptitude Mod 31 (or any other grade 30 or 31 item modification); they are ALL purple.
Thanks, I think I get it. Basically above 28 they're a drop in the form of gear is what you're saying, right? I'm not going to be able to get the schematic from a crew skill mission or reverse engineering anything other than the mod the schematic is for. Only purchasable from GTN or reverse engineering it from a drop.

psandak's Avatar


psandak
12.09.2013 , 11:44 AM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by LordHartigan View Post
Thanks, I think I get it. Basically above 28 they're a drop in the form of gear is what you're saying, right? I'm not going to be able to get the schematic from a crew skill mission or reverse engineering anything other than the mod the schematic is for. Only purchasable from GTN or reverse engineering it from a drop.
That is correct. And I will repeat my advice, do not actively seek them out; if the opportunity presents itself go for it, otherwise don't bother.