Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

Welcome to the Galactic Starfighter Forum!

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Galactic Starfighter
Welcome to the Galactic Starfighter Forum!
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Sharee's Avatar


Sharee
01.27.2014 , 01:16 AM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by HoloGrinder View Post
\You can't catch up getting 100-250 requisition every match while those you are supposed to catch up to are pulling in 1,000-2,000 requesition.
You can catch up. The amount of requisition to master a ship is finite. Once they reach it, continuing to earn more requisition does them little good.

mattycutts's Avatar


mattycutts
02.06.2014 , 07:30 AM | #12
The bomber does not seem to bad in regards to balence issues.

My bomber on live is now almost fully mastered.

mine runs with repair drone, rail gun drone, and proton torpedoes.

took some time to get used to playing a bomber, not really that interested in playing it that much more to get the achivements done.

The railgun drone damage seemed ok to me, they were destroyed very quick but my bomber survivability was adequate.

The only issue i had with the bomber was the engines were aweful, at start of a match hit F3 for engines, space bar all way it felt like the bomber didnt get anywhere fast but wouldnt say it was a 'major' issue.

Playing against bombers as a gunship they went down fairly fast, as a scout i found them not a issue to kill but for domination places like C in one and B in other if u got a few bombers packed together they laid so many drones, mines that they could leave it undefended and as a scout was extremely hard to reach our targets, it required a gunship backing u up to pick them off but alot of gunships dont play like that.

Hope this helps a little.
RED ECLIPSE - Unrelenting (Rep) / The Deathbringers (emp)
(Ground & Space PVP only) - Republic main
Empire - Quickblast / Quickstrike / Quickblow / Quickcast / Toretto
Republic - Quickblasts / Quickslam / Quickvolley
Former Baccas Blade / Nightmare Lands

tiberiusoava's Avatar


tiberiusoava
03.03.2014 , 07:59 AM | #13
I didn't played this game for allmost 2 years because... technical requirements prevent me from having fun and is easier to buy another game than buy another laptop.
But now, i received a mail with this expansion and i came back in the game and i find it ... changed.
I payed my subscription and also encouraged my wife to make an account and payed her subscription too.
Long story... short.
You guys ROCK !!!
The new planet Makeb is awsome and quests are fun !
Nice job out there !

If you could fix the massive FPS drop i will pay subscription for 1000 years in advance !

Love ya, guys !
Lok'tar ogar !

TheGoju's Avatar


TheGoju
03.03.2014 , 08:16 PM | #14
I have to agree with a few posts on here.. i have played countless times GSF, and i would say 95% of the battles are unbalanced one way or the other.. Now i don't consider "ships" meaning that you have nay more skill at playing this then i do , you spent CTs or the like and good for you you got a shiny new ship.

But the skill level is outrageous. Now when i play on my Main account, i do ok , not great, but ok , but because the "elo?" or whatever is used for matchmaking is carried across my legacy , when i start a char and go , sure ill go into GSF with you .. i get hosed, My basic ships, with no upgrades are qued against guys who 1 shot you continually , or people who have the skill and teamwork to keep a near constant missile lock on you.

I am all for the teamwork aspect, and Sat missions are fun, but i think that death match should be removed until you have at least 1 ship mastered, putting a basic ship against someone with a fully upgraded one, isn't so much as skill as it is luck . IF they get a lock , your screwed, IF they get a shot off with that Gunship , your screwed

Basically what people are saying is , if you weren't here at the start, enjoy your re-spawn and 100/10 ship/fleet req, until you can get something rolling.

On a side note. .HOW are people showing up with JUST one ship? I have seen many people who have ONLY a bomber, or ONLY a scout, ect, is there a way to sell your ships and get Fleet Req or something i dont know about?

as well any tips for trying to survive out there are welcome, thanks.

Armonddd's Avatar


Armonddd
03.04.2014 , 01:28 AM | #15
Quote: Originally Posted by TheGoju View Post
I am all for the teamwork aspect, and Sat missions are fun, but i think that death match should be removed until you have at least 1 ship mastered, putting a basic ship against someone with a fully upgraded one, isn't so much as skill as it is luck . IF they get a lock , your screwed, IF they get a shot off with that Gunship , your screwed
http://puu.sh/6YtXv

Quote:
On a side note. .HOW are people showing up with JUST one ship? I have seen many people who have ONLY a bomber, or ONLY a scout, ect, is there a way to sell your ships and get Fleet Req or something i dont know about?
click-drag to remove from your active ships at the bottom of the hanger screen
Space Ace of <Death Squadron>, <Black Squadron>, <Eclipse Squadron>, and <solo da>

TheGoju's Avatar


TheGoju
03.08.2014 , 02:51 PM | #16
[QUOTE=Armonddd;7256274]http://puu.sh/6YtXv

This is a wonderful picture , but was that the FIRST Starfighter battle you ever did? or was that one on a Alt account you were starting after you played a lot on a Alt?

Not to mention i noticed that even that you went 11/6/4 , that is a Sat game, which means your 11 kills mean jack , its objective points in that that matter, thus the other team might have been focused more on objectives, Not saying your not a damn good player, just saying that does not show how balanced the teams were either. I am not saying that skill does not play a role, im saying it plays less of a roll then most think.

Side note: Thank you for the info on the ships thing,

Armonddd's Avatar


Armonddd
03.09.2014 , 09:14 PM | #17
Quote: Originally Posted by TheGoju View Post
This is a wonderful picture , but was that the FIRST Starfighter battle you ever did? or was that one on a Alt account you were starting after you played a lot on a Alt?
It was my first character on TEH, after playing a few hundred games on Pot5.

The point of the picture is that you can't blame upgrades for poor performance. You can be outplayed, you can get screwed matchmaking and fight enemies with Space Ace and Fleet Admiral when your team has two dozen matches between the lot of you, you can get farmed by people who have more history with flight simulator and FPS games than you have years of your life, but upgrades only ever factor into a loss when both sides are equally skilled. Any attempt to matchmake by number of mastered ships or lifetime requisition earned or upgrade levels will fail because skill is by far the determining factor in a match.

Quote:
Not to mention i noticed that even that you went 11/6/4 , that is a Sat game, which means your 11 kills mean jack , its objective points in that that matter, thus the other team might have been focused more on objectives
That's not true at all. A dead enemy can't capture a point, can't reinforce a point, can't hold a point neutral, can't distract teammates (we've all seen three or four allies chasing one enemy around a satellite, I think). Once you kill someone, the game is suddenly 8v7 instead of 8v8. If kills weren't important in domination, gunships would have no purpose there -- when in fact it's the exact opposite, and gunships have always been a decisive factor in any domination match. I rarely have more than a hundred objectives points in any match, because my duty in those matches is to clear satellites of threats -- something I can't do if I spend the majority of the match inside the satellite's fins.
Space Ace of <Death Squadron>, <Black Squadron>, <Eclipse Squadron>, and <solo da>

mattycutts's Avatar


mattycutts
03.13.2014 , 10:43 AM | #18
any chance of some official response for reason you have decided to exclude GSF and only GSF from gaining double exp this week end?

This is a very strange decission to make, i personally was really looking forward to bring one of my lowbies into gsf for double exp one game aspect i really enjoy. and to top it those that arnt bothered about double exp but love gsf you also effect them people since anyone not 55 will hit areas other than gsf or simply wont play meaning gsf queue pops are really going to suffer this week end.

i was planning on a good gaming session in gsf this week end looks like i wont be on if gsf is going to suffer this week end.
RED ECLIPSE - Unrelenting (Rep) / The Deathbringers (emp)
(Ground & Space PVP only) - Republic main
Empire - Quickblast / Quickstrike / Quickblow / Quickcast / Toretto
Republic - Quickblasts / Quickslam / Quickvolley
Former Baccas Blade / Nightmare Lands

Armonddd's Avatar


Armonddd
03.14.2014 , 11:45 AM | #19
Quote: Originally Posted by mattycutts View Post
any chance of some official response for reason you have decided to exclude GSF and only GSF from gaining double exp this week end?
That was a whoops. The page was supposed to say you wouldn't earn double requisition this weekend, which I think is totally fair. Eric posted about it somewhere.
Space Ace of <Death Squadron>, <Black Squadron>, <Eclipse Squadron>, and <solo da>

SammyGStatus's Avatar


SammyGStatus
03.25.2014 , 01:04 PM | #20
Quote: Originally Posted by Armonddd View Post
It was my first character on TEH, after playing a few hundred games on Pot5.

The point of the picture is that you can't blame upgrades for poor performance. You can be outplayed, you can get screwed matchmaking and fight enemies with Space Ace and Fleet Admiral when your team has two dozen matches between the lot of you, you can get farmed by people who have more history with flight simulator and FPS games than you have years of your life, but upgrades only ever factor into a loss when both sides are equally skilled. Any attempt to matchmake by number of mastered ships or lifetime requisition earned or upgrade levels will fail because skill is by far the determining factor in a match.



That's not true at all. A dead enemy can't capture a point, can't reinforce a point, can't hold a point neutral, can't distract teammates (we've all seen three or four allies chasing one enemy around a satellite, I think). Once you kill someone, the game is suddenly 8v7 instead of 8v8. If kills weren't important in domination, gunships would have no purpose there -- when in fact it's the exact opposite, and gunships have always been a decisive factor in any domination match. I rarely have more than a hundred objectives points in any match, because my duty in those matches is to clear satellites of threats -- something I can't do if I spend the majority of the match inside the satellite's fins.
My first match on JC (alt toon) was a TDM. With no upgrades, I went 17-0. Pilots Skill > Ship upgrades, especially with DO
Renegade-One / Leggogurl / Aimbot / Even'ess / Status