Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

nub questions

RunnerChase
12.02.2013 , 03:32 PM | #1
I have a few questions that i can not seem to get answered in-game for what ever reason .

1. How do you leave a guild ? /quit (quits game ) /leave (quits group)
I see ppl asking all the time but ive never seen anyone give an answer .

2. At what level am i able to buy armor on the GTM , im lvl 17 now and still cant pull up armor , adaptive or otherwise , and i know there is armor and items there for lvl 9 and up , so whats the deal ?
im into pvp and this dropped gear just is not cutting it , i needed modifiable gear at lvl 10 but gave up on the pvp till i can access the GTM ( utter BS )
Or is there a way i can mail this char gear from another char ona different server ?

3. Can i change my legacy name or start the legacy over , i just started a char on a new server and forgot i had a legacy there a long time ago , the legacy itself has reverted all stat's and lvl back to 1 or 0 , would like to change the name or start it over .

thanks for the help ppl.
happy hollidays
" It is never a good time to quit "

Kurzaa
12.02.2013 , 03:41 PM | #2
1. I believe it is /gquit to leave a guild. I only joined one guild so far as they needed signatures, but I believe that is what I used to quit.

2. You can use the GTN as soon as you hit fleet. The interface can be a PITA though, so try loosening your search parameters. I normally ho with Armor | [Weight] | [Specific Slot] and then the level range (17-17 in your case). You might not always find gear though, which I have run into occasionally, especially on a busy weekend like double exp when ppl are just grabbing up greens for speed leveling. You might also broaden your search to 1-17 if looking for orange or adaptive gear.

3. Not sure, sorry.

NOTACTICS
12.02.2013 , 03:42 PM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by RunnerChase View Post
I have a few questions that i can not seem to get answered in-game for what ever reason .

2. At what level am i able to buy armor on the GTM , im lvl 17 now and still cant pull up armor , adaptive or otherwise , and i know there is armor and items there for lvl 9 and up , so whats the deal ?
im into pvp and this dropped gear just is not cutting it , i needed modifiable gear at lvl 10 but gave up on the pvp till i can access the GTM ( utter BS )
Or is there a way i can mail this char gear from another char ona different server ?

3. Can i change my legacy name or start the legacy over , i just started a char on a new server and forgot i had a legacy there a long time ago , the legacy itself has reverted all stat's and lvl back to 1 or 0 , would like to change the name or start it over .

thanks for the help ppl.
happy hollidays
1. /gquit I think is the command, but not entirly sure myself

2. You should be able to buy any armour from GTN if you have enough credits even stuff you cant wear yet unlike vendors which prevent you buying something that is a higher level than you can wear. You must be entering the wrong search criteria. I know for a fact that selecting 'me' in the who for box search criteria never seems to work and bring back any results, only select any in this box. Make sure you select a armour weighting type light. medium heavy, custom or adpative though.

3. You can buy a cartel market unlock I Believe to allow legacy name change either from CM direct with cartel coins or from secondary GTN market if you can find one on there if you lucky.

Bstr
12.02.2013 , 03:44 PM | #4
/gquit
People do not respond, because it used to be a big troll post to try to get people to leave their guild.

First, in PvP, the new Bolster makes it so that it does not matter what gear you wear until level 55 as long as you have all slots filled: everyone has the same stats if all slots are filled and nothing is augmented.

Second, I made a long post today as to why you should not waste money on gear at low levels here and save it for abilities and speeders: http://www.swtor.com/community/showp...91&postcount=2

Third, you can access the GTN at any time after level 10. You might not find much armor for lowbies there, due to what I posted in the other thread being the normal thought for players.

There is a Legacy rename in the Cartel Market.

If you had a Legacy at that server, it should remain at whatever level it was last at. There currently is not a way to reset the Legacy back to level 1 that I know of. (And why would you want to do this and loose benefits, I do not know.)
Bobuster: Sab. Guns. Robcase: Seer Sage Jr An'val: Def. Guard. ShepardCmd: S.S. Vang.
Bosat'ta: Bodyguard Merc. Bophia: Anni. Maurader Borbend: Med. Op.
<Republic's Hammer> <Reformation> Jung-Ma Server

RunnerChase
12.02.2013 , 03:53 PM | #5
1.) to all , lol .. thanks for the answer (gquit)

2.) And no i couldnt access the GTM on my main server till my char was above lvl 20 i beleive but not sure , and i know how to search and look up items i need , i do it everyday on my main char , but ive noticed on ALL my new chars they can not access the GTM till their higher lvled , i seem to be the only one being penalized here for what ever reason . just wondering what lvl it is , if there is no lvl restriction then ive got some kind of in-game problem (bug) i guess ?

3.) were at in the cartel , i cant seem to find it .. o_O
" It is never a good time to quit "

Gidrea
12.02.2013 , 04:04 PM | #6
You can access the GTN as soon as you can get to the fleet, which is as soon as you finish your class quests on your starter world. If you can see items, you may have too many parameters selected. As a previous poster mentioned, never use the "usable by" drop down, it doesn't work. Also, make sure you have selected a quality, sometimes you will not get any search returns without it. It's really buggy on that, though. There isn't a lot of moddable gear at level 10 unless you look under "adaptive armor".

The Cartel Market unlock for name changes is under "Consumables."
Gidrea / Sallah / Amandageddon / Randava - The Harbinger

Shock and Jawa / Population Control - The family you chose, not the one your parents stuck you with! Join us and be a Jawa!

Fidelicatessen
12.02.2013 , 08:17 PM | #7
1.) to all , lol .. thanks for the answer (gquit)

2.) And no i couldnt access the GTM on my main server till my char was above lvl 20 i beleive but not sure , and i know how to search and look up items i need , i do it everyday on my main char , but ive noticed on ALL my new chars they can not access the GTM till their higher lvled , i seem to be the only one being penalized here for what ever reason . just wondering what lvl it is , if there is no lvl restriction then ive got some kind of in-game problem (bug) i guess ?

3.) were at in the cartel , i cant seem to find it .. o_O
Your character makes it to the fleet, clicks on the GTN terminal and nothing happens? Or it brings up the GTN window but you can't manage to bring anything up using the search terms you're using?

If it's the former, do a bug report. That's messed up.

AshlaBoga
12.02.2013 , 09:42 PM | #8

Your post tells me that you had "USEABLE" enabled probably. It's a selection in the GTN settings. Change it to "ALL" and you shouldn't have that problem anymore.
Typhojem Legacy, Jung Ma server
VICIOUS
Lord of Corruption