Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

How Do i get Tharan Cedrax as my next crew member?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > New Player Help
How Do i get Tharan Cedrax as my next crew member?

RomanBrady's Avatar


RomanBrady
12.02.2013 , 10:46 AM | #1
I think I messed up and passed up on him.

JordanBlake's Avatar


JordanBlake
12.02.2013 , 10:57 AM | #2
I'm pretty sure that's impossible. He should join you as a guest at the end of the Nar Shaddaa Consular story and join your crew when you return to your ship. I don't remember too well though.

Just keep playing and you will get him eventually.

Kurzaa's Avatar


Kurzaa
12.02.2013 , 11:05 AM | #3
In beta you could choose not to get crew members and even kill a few, but they ditched that at some point to prevent players from this sort of accident. As mentioned, just keep following your class quests, eventually you will find him on your ship.

Bstr's Avatar


Bstr
12.02.2013 , 12:09 PM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by JordanBlake View Post
I'm pretty sure that's impossible. He should join you as a guest at the end of the Nar Shaddaa Consular story and join your crew when you return to your ship. I don't remember too well though.

Just keep playing and you will get him eventually.
After defeating the final story boss on Nar Shadaa, Tharan Cedrax says that his time is finished with the Consular and that he will return to his office. It seems at this point that you lost him, but you have not. When the Consular returns to his hanger, Tharan Cedrax interrupts him and decides that he will join the Consular.

Note that you have to go to your hanger on Nar Shadaa: if you use your fleet or ship pass to get to your ship, you will have to go back to Nar Shadaa, get off your ship, leave the hanger, and then reenter the hanger.

This is all part of the mission "Shadow Town" http://www.torhead.com/mission/4xzhEl0/shadow-town . If you do not have this mission yet, complete the missions under the "Class" category in your mission log that mention Nar Shadaa.
Bobuster: Sab. Guns. Robcase: Seer Sage Jr An'val: Def. Guard. ShepardCmd: S.S. Vang.
Bosat'ta: Bodyguard Merc. Bophia: Anni. Maurader Borbend: Med. Op.
<Republic's Hammer> <Reformation> Jung-Ma Server

chuixupu's Avatar


chuixupu
12.02.2013 , 01:27 PM | #5
You can't not get him. Most companions will join you when you finish the planet the class mission is on.
Wardens of Fate / Alea Iacta Est
The Tarkus Legacy ~ The Harbinger/Jedi Covenant

Kurzaa's Avatar


Kurzaa
12.02.2013 , 03:47 PM | #6
Quote:
Note that you have to go to your hanger on Nar Shadaa: if you use your fleet or ship pass to get to your ship, you will have to go back to Nar Shadaa, get off your ship, leave the hanger, and then reenter the hanger.
This part is important. I have used my fleet pass before returning to my ship, only to have to fly my ship BACK to the last planet in order to complete the quest chain.

Not sure what would happen if you used your fleet pass rather than heading straight to your ship in this case (or at least before leaving Nar Shadda). You can normally still use your fleet pass after using your ships holoterminal.

JacksonMo's Avatar


JacksonMo
12.02.2013 , 11:01 PM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by Kurzaa View Post
This part is important. I have used my fleet pass before returning to my ship, only to have to fly my ship BACK to the last planet in order to complete the quest chain.

Not sure what would happen if you used your fleet pass rather than heading straight to your ship in this case (or at least before leaving Nar Shadda). You can normally still use your fleet pass after using your ships holoterminal.
At one time, you could do this and Bowdaar, the smuggler companion was bugged, and would not join you.
They eventually fixed it.

RomanBrady's Avatar


RomanBrady
12.03.2013 , 12:22 AM | #8
Thank you so much everyone. He and his hologram were waiting for me at my ship and it all played out like you all said. Thanks again.

AshlaBoga's Avatar


AshlaBoga
12.03.2013 , 01:44 AM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by JordanBlake View Post
I'm pretty sure that's impossible. He should join you as a guest at the end of the Nar Shaddaa Consular story and join your crew when you return to your ship. I don't remember too well though.

Just keep playing and you will get him eventually.
What JB said.
Typhojem Legacy, Jung Ma server
VICIOUS
Lord of Corruption

Woebearer's Avatar


Woebearer
12.03.2013 , 02:34 AM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by RomanBrady View Post
Thank you so much everyone. He and his hologram were waiting for me at my ship and it all played out like you all said. Thanks again.
DonŽt call Holiday a holo... sheŽll be all *****y about that