Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Will they make one free advanced class change?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes
Will they make one free advanced class change?

fdbgjfdhjgkjdhsg
11.27.2013 , 05:37 PM | #1
It would sure be nice if the people at Bioware give us advanced class change even if your character is already at the highest level. Ex: you want to change your level 55 commando to a vanguard. If my idea is even taken into consideration, please make it something you can buy with CREDITS AND "NOT" cartel coins! I would like to hear other peoples views on this and perhaps put it to a vote.
Speak softly, and carry a big blaster.

Skodan
11.27.2013 , 07:29 PM | #2
IF they were to implement this and thats a big IF, they definitely would make it by cartel coins or ridiculously overpriced with credits/legacy level
The Goa'uld Legacy Level 50 on Jedi Covenant (previously Canderous Ordo)
Imperial Entanglements
Less Imperial Entanglements
Check out LIE and IE: Galaxy Wide Casual Social Guilds

Kaos_KidSWTOR
11.27.2013 , 07:35 PM | #3
They say in game that they are perminate choices. if you don't like that AC at 55 or it becomes nerfed too hard. then your going to have to work to make a new toon to 55 and whatever gear level your old toon was. So No, this will never happen and if you made a bad descision on your AC, tough toast. Make a new toon and level it to 55

Helig
11.28.2013 , 11:15 AM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by Kaos_KidSWTOR View Post
They say in game that they are perminate choices. if you don't like that AC at 55 or it becomes nerfed too hard. then your going to have to work to make a new toon to 55 and whatever gear level your old toon was. So No, this will never happen and if you made a bad descision on your AC, tough toast. Make a new toon and level it to 55
That's one way to look at it. It's only *one* way, though. Of many. Hint: not everyone is a selfish FOTM reroller (project much?). Most people, in fact, aren't. Some just made an honest mistake and didn't really like the feel, the dynamics, or the playstyle of their class - which doesn't really unfold by level 10-20.

The vast majority of players in this game are casual - you can't expect them to just reroll from 1 to 55 in a heartbeat. They don't have the amount of time on their hands, they aren't ready to invest as much effort into the game. They'll likely just stop playing this class for a while, or they'll take a break from the game altogether.

Also, you perfectly can transfer old character's gear (mods, at least) to the new one with BoL gear.
"I'm not *giving* him cake, I'm *assaulting* him with cake!" - Pinkamena Diane Pie

Moosestick
12.01.2013 , 10:31 AM | #5
Hopefully they won't. Though using the casual argument to try and swing your fotm rerolling is funny. Hint: casuals play for fun and don't care if they are top level decked out in gear.

HoboWithAStick
12.01.2013 , 06:05 PM | #6
God I really hope they never do this, its bad enough playing with some people that have leveled that actual toon imagine giving some people a 55 that they have no idea how to play?

I once did this heroic with a marauder that was 4 levels higher than me. I thought we would rip through it like crazy Well the marauder was either trolling or thought hitting mobs with his slow and changing stances in combat was a good idea.

Faolon
12.02.2013 , 06:58 PM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by Skodan View Post
IF they were to implement this and thats a big IF, they definitely would make it by cartel coins or ridiculously overpriced with credits/legacy level
That's what I'd expect if they were to do it.

I don't think they'd ever do it, but maybe charging 5k+ cartel coins for something would be too tempting for them.
"I will show you things... wonderful, terrible things."

RaptorClown
12.07.2013 , 09:57 AM | #8
hope not :d
pew pew meesa liking youssa

Uvirith
12.09.2013 , 08:30 AM | #9
I wish they would remove the basic classes and let us just select the advanced class as "class" at character creation. that way no one would ever think about asking something like that.
Uviryth Hammerhand, Kinetic Combat-Shadow
<Founder>

ElevenBfour
12.09.2013 , 08:40 PM | #10
I honestly hope they never do, and if they did, should revert your toon back to lvl10 or 15 or something really low. I like the fact that you live with the consequence of a permanent choice in a game. That's just me, I know there are really good reasons for allowing and not allowing it. It wouldn't cause me to quit the game or anything, but I definitely wouldn't be happy about it.