Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

TIO identifies possible location for third secret boss

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Flashpoints, Operations, and Heroic Missions
TIO identifies possible location for third secret boss

znihilist
12.05.2013 , 01:54 PM | #21
Quote: Originally Posted by RikuvonDrake View Post
I know fifteen guilds on Tomb of Freedon Nadd that has killed it but I won't post any proof of it since there are none.
We really do need a PvE progression tool from the game.
SWTOR: KotFE, Rise of the Can't Talk About it Now.

Cookiackus
12.05.2013 , 03:16 PM | #22
Quote: Originally Posted by znihilist View Post
We really do need a PvE progression tool from the game.
I don't think you understand this guy was trolling you lol.
The Ebon Hawk - The Underworld Alliance - Loggus
PoT5 - Severity Gaming - Mungtatta
The Ebon Hawk - Proper Villains - ManGlazed

paowee
12.05.2013 , 03:40 PM | #23
Why so much hostility towards the OP ?

Anywho hopefully you guys can pull it sooner than later and come back with a "pull" video and how to bring it out.

*intrigued*
Republic < Intrepid > The Harbinger slinger sage vanguard dps
swtorboard.org dps blog.class guides.end-game stuff
16 man | 8 man DPS leaderboards | Galactic Starfighter Records

valeita
12.05.2013 , 03:48 PM | #24
thanks for sharing this with the community, we'll see in the end if you're right or not and gl with it if you get to pull it.

znihilist
12.05.2013 , 03:52 PM | #25
Quote: Originally Posted by Cookiackus View Post
I don't think you understand this guy was trolling you lol.
Even in his trolling, there is a point to it. KB raised that point in a thread he made a while ago that we do need a PvE progression tracker.

Quote: Originally Posted by paowee View Post
Why so much hostility towards the OP ? :-|

Hopefully you guys can pull the boss and come back with a "pull" video. *intrigued*
The OP might very well be wrong, but there is hostility because if she/he is right then it means all those who do hardcore raiding didn't catch it up first, there are a lot of butthurt behind it.

Cookiackus
12.06.2013 , 01:37 AM | #26
Its not about butt hurt, its about people coming on the forums making false claims. If someone got a kill first that's great however I wished they would post it on the progression forums. I know what we have currently isn't the best but the more competition in the game the better. Its just annoying when some random person who is not even in the supposed guild shows up on the forums with zero proof claiming someone else killed it first. Its not about butt hurt, its about ignorance and annoyance.
The Ebon Hawk - The Underworld Alliance - Loggus
PoT5 - Severity Gaming - Mungtatta
The Ebon Hawk - Proper Villains - ManGlazed

Holdt
12.06.2013 , 02:03 AM | #27
Its not about butt hurt, its about people coming on the forums making false claims. If someone got a kill first that's great however I wished they would post it on the progression forums. I know what we have currently isn't the best but the more competition in the game the better. Its just annoying when some random person who is not even in the supposed guild shows up on the forums with zero proof claiming someone else killed it first. Its not about butt hurt, its about ignorance and annoyance.
This sums up my feelings pretty nicely. Znihilist, I know you may believe that someone on your server killed Hateful Entity, but what I believe is that you're mistaken and are continuing to push your misinformation out. Any guild capable of killing Hateful would be on the cutting edge of Operations content, and would have a much stronger forum presence in order to network and hear/read about what other top-end guilds are doing. If there's one thing that is true about human nature, its that we like to flaunt our accomplishments. What seems much more likely is that this mystery guild you're referring to has killed Dreadful Entity, not Hateful.

As for the topic at hand, TIO may have identified a potential location where the next bonus boss will spawn, however they will not succeed at pulling it at this time, for the simple fact that it hasn't yet been added into the game. During Severity's quest to pull and kill Hateful, we took an indepth look at some of the game files for the instance concerning NPC data, abilities, and spawn conditions. The fact of the matter is, no files like these exist for the new instance. If this controversial post had come during a nightmare tier, I might have been 'butthurt' because I didn't get to pull it and kill it first. But, because the last boss came with a nightmare tier and required a nightmare instance, I still believe this post to be a hoax. Additionally, the lack of feedback from the original poster makes it seems like someone wanted to stir up a little drama.
Thickmints of Severity Gaming

World-first 16 Player Eternal Warrior, Dragonslayer, and From Beyond

znihilist
12.06.2013 , 02:03 AM | #28
I am guilty of one thing only which is making a claim without backing it up, I agree and I will not argue it further.

However, the original poster said the following:
"Hey guys I think we have seen a possible new secret boss, but we are not very sure. But we will work on it and come back with more proof but first we wanted to alert community".

Most people on the thread are replying with a lot of hostility and/or ridiculing them. And yes there is butthurt here mostly because this specific guild is the victim of the following:
Quote: Originally Posted by mastirkal View Post
Yea they're 1/5 TfB NiM I doubt they'll see the new hidden boss anyway, let alone beat it. *shrugs*

EDIT let alone the fact they're only doing 8 man content. :/
And this is exactly why there are many guilds that don't participate in progression on the forums, there is already much hostility and the OP have not yet verified if it is actually a new hidden boss or not.

MitchPB
12.06.2013 , 06:27 AM | #29
I am guilty of one thing only which is making a claim without backing it up, I agree and I will not argue it further.

"Hey guys I think we have seen a possible new secret boss, but we are not very sure. But we will work on it and come back with more proof but first we wanted to alert community".

Most people on the thread are replying with a lot of hostility and/or ridiculing them. And yes there is butthurt here mostly because this specific guild is the victim of the following:

And this is exactly why there are many guilds that don't participate in progression on the forums, there is already much hostility and the OP have not yet verified if it is actually a new hidden boss or not.
Cause the OP is fos and the internet is not a kind place.
<BOG> | <Concept>

namesaretough
12.06.2013 , 07:30 AM | #30
No, the original poster said "I think we have seen a probable location for the secret boss, but we don't want to tell anyone where we think it is because we're afraid someone else will beat us to it. Also, in case we turn out to be right and someone else finds it before we decide we're ready to tell anyone what we know, here's a code so everyone knows we actually did it first." It's not a very endearing attitude, either to the people who are interested in the puzzles of spawning the secret bosses and the fights themselves or the people who are content-starved and would love to spend time investigating random things in the instances.
Smugglin