Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

[Synthweaving] Has cartel packs and adaptive armor killed off synthweaving and armortech?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Crew Skills
[Synthweaving] Has cartel packs and adaptive armor killed off synthweaving and armortech?

HoboWithAStick
11.30.2013 , 05:32 PM | #21
Cartel market pretty much ruined crafting in this game and greatly changed the economy. They should have redone the crafting system after free to play came out.

dancezwithnubz
12.01.2013 , 09:20 PM | #22
Quote: Originally Posted by YanksfanJP View Post
I would guess that since the only reason to have Synthweaving or Armormech is for the augment kits, that there's no real reason to have both a synthweaver AND an armormech? Thoughts?
they both have their place, depending on what kinds of Augments you wish to make.

wainot-keel
12.02.2013 , 08:54 AM | #23
Quote: Originally Posted by Pietrastor View Post
For credits-making not the best, but personally I use Armomech more than any crafting skills. Augments is of course #1 reason at end-game, but there're also ready-to-wear armor pieces for my leveling alts and companions.

Swapping mods in each orange slot every few levels is PITA and either costly (credits/planetary comms) or time-consuming (try crafting 7 armorings for levels 30/40 with those long crafting times...). So yeah, I would much rather have 2/3 main orange shells (chest/legs are majority of the 'look') and just make everything else with Armomech. The fact that all my characters are DPS with cunning/aim healer companions makes my Armomech even more useful for leveling.
What buggs me about the armor from armomech/synthweaving is that there are considerable big gaps for specific slots. I stopped bothering with that because of it. At certain level, you get to update gloves and boots, but not the rest., 5 more levels to go.... ufff....
While I do try to see if I have some good belt/bracers to craft I just stick with moddable gear. I craft all amorings and hilts/barrels, since they are "costier" in planetary comms and then the mods and enhancements come from planetary vendors. These drop so commonly that even that way, my lowbie providing mods and enhacements for her and her companions every 5, 7 levels never ran out of....

With moddable gear is much straightforward, you decide when to do it and have your cybertech make all the stuff in advance and then is just a visit to planetary vendors to upgrade the rest.

Maestrodomus
12.02.2013 , 01:36 PM | #24
They killed it pretty hard. I still make just under a mil a day if I feel like dealing with it, but it's a pain. You can sit and pound out augments for big profits if you want to keep up with the Jones' every 6 hours.

In reality, it's not the cartel market that killed the big money makers, it's the combination of giving away sets of 66 [Artifact] to anyone who levels Oricon, and removal of Isotope requirement and cutting the price in half on Basic Com recipes.
Dark Fury [Canderous Ordo]

RaptorClown
12.08.2013 , 02:38 AM | #25
not to mention all new items mostly come from cartel pack instead from game... thats really sad, yes.
pew pew meesa liking youssa

Karkais
12.08.2013 , 10:17 AM | #26
I agree with "Bioware killed crafting pretty hard" camp. Its really annoying.
"What is a Sith? Over time, the beliefs have changed, but one constant has remained. The imposition of one's will on the force, on the environment surrounding one, on the galaxy itself." - Darth Wyyrlok III

psandak
12.11.2013 , 12:59 PM | #27
Quote: Originally Posted by HoboWithAStick View Post
Cartel market pretty much ruined crafting in this game and greatly changed the economy. They should have redone the crafting system after free to play came out.
Completely disagree with this assessment.

Even before the CM and F2P Armormech and Synthweaving were all but limited to augments and augment slot kits. As someone else pointed out pre-augment slot kits, AM and SW armor with augment slots were desired but honestly slot kits are more profitable .

Yes the number of desirable items is miniscule compared to the total number of items available, but those markets are highly lucrative. I only craft grade 28 stuff (both blue and purple) and I have a hard time keeping up with demand.
The Ortzid Legacy on The Harbinger
Car'beerd (Guardian) Dalkery (Scoundrel) Blairnah (Sage) Daellia (Merc) and 11 other characters
Understanding Crew Skills / High End Schematics / Best Crew Skills / Crew Skill Money Making / Reverse Engineering Rules / SWTOR Story to date

Dak_fireraker
12.11.2013 , 02:42 PM | #28
I haven't seen a problem selling Blue or Purple Items for Synthweaving & Armormech. I sell Low level Purples & Augmented Blues. The Blues sell great among the F2P who haven't gotten the Artifact unlocks.
Solstie
Solqitta & Solahmar
(& Various other toons) - Shadowlands & Jung Ma server

abercromb
12.13.2013 , 02:43 AM | #29
For some parts of it YES, dead as a dodo (crafted Orange and 49+ for example). I exclude Augments and kits as everyone knows they sell.

But levelling characters and companions the market for crafted armour is pretty strong. If you think about it every set of Orange armour takes 7 Armouring's, 9 Mods and 7 Enhancements. That is 23 item's to craft or buy and those can be updated every 3 levels. So unless your super rich your levelling characters wear crafted armour or the ones you can buy with planet coms. Most players don't equip cartel armours until they hit mid 40's or higher levels. That means there is a strong market for crafted between I would say level 15-43. If you can keep the price between 10-20k a bit they will sell all day long. The strongest part of the market is for armour in the 30's, it gets very expensive in materials to craft anything at this level if your not gathering yourself and prices reflect this.

morfius
12.13.2013 , 04:51 AM | #30
Quote: Originally Posted by abercromb View Post
For some parts of it YES, dead as a dodo (crafted Orange and 49+ for example). I exclude Augments and kits as everyone knows they sell.

But levelling characters and companions the market for crafted armour is pretty strong. If you think about it every set of Orange armour takes 7 Armouring's, 9 Mods and 7 Enhancements. That is 23 item's to craft or buy and those can be updated every 3 levels. So unless your super rich your levelling characters wear crafted armour or the ones you can buy with planet coms. Most players don't equip cartel armours until they hit mid 40's or higher levels. That means there is a strong market for crafted between I would say level 15-43. If you can keep the price between 10-20k a bit they will sell all day long. The strongest part of the market is for armour in the 30's, it gets very expensive in materials to craft anything at this level if your not gathering yourself and prices reflect this.
It is not so expensive if you use commendations to buy mods/enhancements and only craft armorings ... even with bought mats it is wort once per 4 levels (blue ones) compared to prices of all 7 items once per 4 levels, if you gather - 14 per mat is something like 2-4 missions... easy if you have 2 scavengers and UTs.
And 4 levels are something like 60 comms if you do some H2/H4 - you could even gear you companion
Buying blue armors is for those that have no skills or are on 1st char - but how much credits they have... my 1st and 2nd chars was only on quest armors (not that there was CM or many modable ones at game start).
"The Aing-Tii have a different view of the Force. Not in terms of Jedi or Dark Jedi—of black and white, as it were—but in a way I like to think of as a full-color rainbow."