Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

[Synthweaving] Has cartel packs and adaptive armor killed off synthweaving and armortech?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Crew Skills
[Synthweaving] Has cartel packs and adaptive armor killed off synthweaving and armortech?

Marius_Xerxes
11.28.2013 , 02:51 AM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by Helig View Post
To be honest, I don't think shells ever sold all that well. Augments and kits were always number one reason to have those crew skills (after they were introduced, of course).
Shells sold extremely well back when criting on crafting them was the only way to get an open augment slot on them.
Ever since they added augment kits, and more importantly, all the gear in the Cartel Market, most craft able shells are undesirable.

morfius
11.28.2013 , 07:05 AM | #12
Only shell I seem to even craft or use after wide spread legacy, adaptive, reputation or CM gear is 1 low level Inquisitor chest - black with hood down (don't remember exact name).
My Syntweaver and my Armormech now craft only augments and kits ... augments for sell and kits for myself because those eat much mats even with CT parts.
"The Aing-Tii have a different view of the Force. Not in terms of Jedi or Dark Jedi—of black and white, as it were—but in a way I like to think of as a full-color rainbow."

AlrikFassbauer
11.28.2013 , 08:45 AM | #13
If I sell things on the GTN, it usually gets bought sooner or later. Some of this stuff still looks unique.
And with "unique" I mean : Differently looking than stuff from the Cartel Market.
I'm a bad player.
I have no good reputation.
I never will.
Only bad reputation.

thatPERSON
11.28.2013 , 11:12 AM | #14
i dont wanna say those crew skills are dead (they still have augments which make them more then relevant) but tbh they never really made anything good except for the augmented shell crits back in the day. none of the orange schematics were all that great and besides BM/Wh/EWH gear there isnt really anything good they make besides augments.

wainot-keel
11.28.2013 , 12:38 PM | #15
If all the orange schematics for armomech and synthweaving would produce adaptive armor, that might help a bit, since there are a few nice things, but with all the current restrictions they have on armor type and class restrictions, they cannot compite with CM armor.

All I sell with armomech/synthweaving is aug kits, augments and a few belts/bracers. I don't bother with anything else.

djloukota
11.29.2013 , 09:09 AM | #16
As far as crafting armor I feel that Cartel Market armor has killed crafting armor for those professions. As pointed out augments & augment kits are the redeemers.

I my opinion a way they could breath new life in to those professions is to make all crafted armor Adaptive.

I have a Synthweaver and at times I've wanted to craft a piece of armor for an alt or a companion, but the piece I wanted to craft wasn't the correct armor type (i.e. Medium as apposed to Light. etc). By making all crafted armor adaptive (but keeping class specific armor) Sythnweaver's & Armortech's won't be "one trick ponies" (meaning crafting just augments & augment kits).

Grayseven
11.29.2013 , 09:25 AM | #17
With only a few exceptions, the artwork for the crafted custom gear is just sloppy and unattractive when compared to the CM gear. Augments and kits ARE the only thing allowing people to use Armstech, Armormech or Synthweaving. It is cheaper to buy common CM gear to outfit companions than to craft them.

The other craft skills have end game possibilities and are useful for leveling alts.

Unless changes are made to Arms, Armor and Synth this will remain the case.
"50 Grades of Shae", a heart-warming novel about a Mandalorian that delivers beat-downs and assigns grades to her victims.

wainot-keel
11.29.2013 , 10:39 AM | #18
Quote: Originally Posted by djloukota View Post
. By making all crafted armor adaptive (but keeping class specific armor) Sythnweaver's & Armortech's won't be "one trick ponies" (meaning crafting just augments & augment kits).
Why keep the class restrictions ? That only restricts options for everyone, killing potential sells. If Revan's set can be used by a powertech or Elara Dorne, then I see no reason as to why crafted armor should keep their restrictions.
For example, Vette would look gorgeous with the Aspiring Knight set. Really.

Icebergy
11.29.2013 , 12:55 PM | #19
No because augments.
Unsubscribed due to no new Operations.
I am happy that there will be a renewed focus on story, I love story, its why I picked this MMO. But I picked an MMO, not an episodic single player RPG that I have to pay a subscription to receive the episodes.

Pietrastor
11.29.2013 , 09:20 PM | #20
For credits-making not the best, but personally I use Armomech more than any crafting skills. Augments is of course #1 reason at end-game, but there're also ready-to-wear armor pieces for my leveling alts and companions.

Swapping mods in each orange slot every few levels is PITA and either costly (credits/planetary comms) or time-consuming (try crafting 7 armorings for levels 30/40 with those long crafting times...). So yeah, I would much rather have 2/3 main orange shells (chest/legs are majority of the 'look') and just make everything else with Armomech. The fact that all my characters are DPS with cunning/aim healer companions makes my Armomech even more useful for leveling.