Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Masks + Hoods

MrSarcastic
12.22.2011 , 01:17 AM | #11
This honestly makes me very disappointed. I was looking forward to having the mask+hood combo VERY MUCH. I don't understand why this isn't in the game. It kind of pisses me off.
Quote: Originally Posted by mandrillagon View Post
Harbinger and Swiftsure are flooded with Oceanic players. I wish they would just make those official Oceanic servers and let the rest of us escape those locust nests.
Quote: Originally Posted by jediknightReece View Post
Tell me what lvl 50 is like and I will tell you what a woman feels like.

DarthVindictus
12.22.2011 , 01:20 AM | #12
Let's not forget Darth Vindican from the Return Trailer, hood, with a mask, until the mask gets sliced off and his hood falls.

Aphrodisiac
12.22.2011 , 01:21 AM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by MrSarcastic View Post
This honestly makes me very disappointed. I was looking forward to having the mask+hood combo VERY MUCH. I don't understand why this isn't in the game. It kind of pisses me off.
What is more infuriating is that is WAS in game, but was removed. Due in part to some minor complaints about texture clipping (primarily on republic side where there are fewer masks and more hats for the head slot)

MrSarcastic
12.22.2011 , 01:22 AM | #14
Quote: Originally Posted by DarthVindictus View Post
Let's not forget Darth Vindican from the Return Trailer, hood, with a mask, until the mask gets sliced off and his hood falls.
http://www.swtor.com/media/screens/sith-assassin-0
There's an in-game screenshot of a hood & mask on at the same time and it looks PERFECTLY FINE to me.
Harbinger and Swiftsure are flooded with Oceanic players. I wish they would just make those official Oceanic servers and let the rest of us escape those locust nests.

DarthVindictus
12.22.2011 , 01:24 AM | #15
http://www.swtor.com/media/screens/sith-assassin-0
There's an in-game screenshot of a hood & mask on at the same time and it looks PERFECTLY FINE to me.
Yeah, but that's from an older build of beta. If you try wearing a hooded robe and most masks now (there are a few that don't do this but most will cut off the hood) it disables the hood on the robe.

MrSarcastic
12.22.2011 , 01:26 AM | #16
Yeah, but that's from an older build of beta. If you try wearing a hooded robe and most masks now (there are a few that don't do this but most will cut off the hood) it disables the hood on the robe.
I don't understand why seeing that it worked earlier.

DarthVindictus
12.22.2011 , 01:37 AM | #17
I don't understand why seeing that it worked earlier.

It's because there are some head items that are actually hats, not masks that have pointy cones and horns and other goofy stuff (especially for Jedi Consulars), they clipped through hoods. But instead of fixing those helmets they did an umbrella approach of any head item that covers the entire head and not just the face disables hoods. It's a lame "fix" and honestly why couldn't they have just told their art team to not design goofy looking hats that most people tend to HATE on their inquisitors and consulars anyway?

Everything for Consular and Inquisitor should be designed to work with hooded robes, as they are iconic looks for Jedi and Sith.

AkilZodiac
12.22.2011 , 01:38 AM | #18
Yes, for the love of god we need masks + hoods. The fact that it isn't in the game is an abomination!
DecemberCrew

We could pre-order in July? Whatever.

Inarai
12.22.2011 , 01:44 AM | #19
It's because there are some head items that are actually hats, not masks that have pointy cones and horns and other goofy stuff (especially for Jedi Consulars), they clipped through hoods. But instead of fixing those helmets they did an umbrella approach of any head item that covers the entire head and not just the face disables hoods. It's a lame "fix" and honestly why couldn't they have just told their art team to not design goofy looking hats that most people tend to HATE on their inquisitors and consulars anyway?

Everything for Consular and Inquisitor should be designed to work with hooded robes, as they are iconic looks for Jedi and Sith.
Kind of a needed workaround until they can go through every single piece of headgear in the game, add a bit for "clipsHood", set it to true or false, and test it to make sure it works properly and that they have everything flagged correctly.

That's the kind of thing that takes some time, and there are far more critical priorities right now.
Quote: Originally Posted by Ashes_Arizona View Post
Pardon me I need to call my broker and diversify into aluminum processing. Tinfoil hats are getting pretty popular.

DarthVindictus
12.22.2011 , 03:18 PM | #20
Quote: Originally Posted by Inarai View Post
Kind of a needed workaround until they can go through every single piece of headgear in the game, add a bit for "clipsHood", set it to true or false, and test it to make sure it works properly and that they have everything flagged correctly.

That's the kind of thing that takes some time, and there are far more critical priorities right now.

Do you really think they're going to even bother fixing it?