Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Masks + Hoods

DarthVindictus
12.22.2011 , 12:54 AM | #1
Seriously, why was this changed from beta where you could wear a mask with a hood over top. Certain characters in the game don't look right not having a hood over their mask. In particular, a certain Dark Lord of the Sith who made his debut in Knights of the Old Republic. He looks ridiculous without the hood, and so does my character.

Aphrodisiac
12.22.2011 , 01:03 AM | #2
Also, it's interesting to note that in EVERY trailer for the game there is a sith wearing a mask with a hood. I mean, Darth Malgus is the poster child for that combination.. I played a Sith Inquisitor in EVERY build of Beta, but can't bring myself to touch one now. If my character looks ridiculous, I lose all motivation to play him.

I get it, helmets were causing some clipping errors... But let's not destroy such an iconic part of the Old Republic canon to fix a few minor graphical issues.

Maybe put headgear into two categories, helmets and masks. Helmets can remove the hood graphic and masks can leave it on. The particular models that caused clipping issues can simply be labeled as helmets (or hats for light armor). The rest can be labeled as masks.

I'd really love to play my SI, but looking at him makes me angry..

Also, the first time I saw that particular boss in that one instance since they took away mask/hood combos, I literally felt sick to my stomach.

DeathMagician
12.22.2011 , 01:06 AM | #3
Not to mention in beta us Twi'lek's had our lekku tucked forward for hoods... Now we do not have them all, because scrubs had problems with clipping.
There is no emotion, there is elitism.
There is no ignorance, there is arrogance.
There is no serenity, there is chaos.
There is no death, there is the Troll.

MrSarcastic
12.22.2011 , 01:09 AM | #4
You've got to be forcing kidding me....you seriously can't have a mask on while wearing a hooded robe? And yet they have screenshots in the media section of a sith wearing a mask/hood.
Quote: Originally Posted by mandrillagon View Post
Harbinger and Swiftsure are flooded with Oceanic players. I wish they would just make those official Oceanic servers and let the rest of us escape those locust nests.
Quote: Originally Posted by jediknightReece View Post
Tell me what lvl 50 is like and I will tell you what a woman feels like.

DarthVindictus
12.22.2011 , 01:10 AM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by DeathMagician View Post
Not to mention in beta us Twi'lek's had our lekku tucked forward for hoods... Now we do not have them all, because scrubs had problems with clipping.
Yeah, it was somewhat plausible for a certain NPC spoiler character for the inquisitors to make some sense for Twi'lek inquisitors, due to his hood maybe covering the Lekku, but now it just looks dumb because the "Ancestor" is not possibly a Twi'lek.

I can't pick up an assassin even though I played Assassin through several beta builds, once they made that change, I Really wanted to use that NPC's mask with a hooded robe, the look was amazing, but once they changed it I looked plain goofy and couldn't stand it.

davewolfgang
12.22.2011 , 01:10 AM | #6
And if I select "Hide Head slot", that means I want my Jedi to wear the CHEST PIECE HOOD down!!
Been there, done that. Really! USMC 87-93

MrSarcastic
12.22.2011 , 01:12 AM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by davewolfgang View Post
And if I select "Hide Head slot", that means I want my Jedi to wear the CHEST PIECE HOOD down!!
The hood of the robe is part of the chestpiece, not your helm.
Quote: Originally Posted by mandrillagon View Post
Harbinger and Swiftsure are flooded with Oceanic players. I wish they would just make those official Oceanic servers and let the rest of us escape those locust nests.
Quote: Originally Posted by jediknightReece View Post
Tell me what lvl 50 is like and I will tell you what a woman feels like.

davewolfgang
12.22.2011 , 01:14 AM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by MrSarcastic View Post
The hood of the robe is part of the chestpiece, not your helm.
I know that, that's the point.

I hide my head slot, I know you don't get this - SO I CAN SEE THE CHARACTER I MADE!!

Wow!!

Imagine that!!!

Been there, done that. Really! USMC 87-93

Bhemont
12.22.2011 , 01:14 AM | #9
I'm an imperial agent, and I agree, it looks like a joke as it is now.
Proud owner of the CE Imperial Agent since day one
- Red Zone

Aphrodisiac
12.22.2011 , 01:17 AM | #10
The real irony is that I use the "hide head slot" option to be able to actually see the hood on my robe heh

Also, think about how important masks are to Sith culture.. the Dark Side corrupts and twists a Sith's appearance.. wearing a mask is part of how Sith culture copes with that.. It creates the mystery and sinister persona..