Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Monsters/Bosses falling through the floor being invisble

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Customer Service
Monsters/Bosses falling through the floor being invisble

ZentheSecond
11.23.2013 , 09:14 PM | #1
This issue use to be a non-issue for me until lately.

DPS'ed an Athiss HM and the bonus boss dropped through the floor.
Tanked Dreadtooth 1 stack and there were two times that he dropped through the floor when he switched aggro.

Those were both about a month, month and a half ago.

Today though, after going into HM DP twice before and having zero issues going through Bestia, Tyrans, Calph, and Raptus....
I did not make it past Bestia, not because of healing/tanking/dps issues but because myself... As a tank, could NOT see mobs when they spawned. And twice Bestia fell through the floor causing the other tank to die because his stacks got up way to high and I could not see Bestia to taunt.
(All of this in the span of a good 2 hour attempt run @ Bestia...)

Is there something I can do to fix this issue on my end? Or is this an issue between client and server?
I have thought that this is primarily a desync issue, thus client and server having issues talking to one another.
Any help is greatly appreciated as I am sure my guild could have downed Bestia in our third pull if she hadn't fallen through the floor on my screen.

~Zen

edit:
I will even take advice on how to slow down this issue or prevent it from occurring at a stupidly high pace of this. I mean if I can go like a month without seeing this issue again I will be VERY happy.

OwenBrooks
11.23.2013 , 09:21 PM | #2
With the launcher closed , goto the game folders and delete the BitRaider folder then start the launcher.

If you have the original launcher then repair is on the launcher after login (lower left cog)

ZentheSecond
11.23.2013 , 09:24 PM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by OwenBrooks View Post
With the launcher closed , goto the game folders and delete the BitRaider folder then start the launcher.

If you have the original launcher then repair is on the launcher after login (lower left cog)
Well... What is the original launcher then? Cause I have a launcher I DL'ed when I got the game (pre Legacy update). Should I still delete the BitRaider folder? Or should I repair the game? Both?

OwenBrooks
11.23.2013 , 09:26 PM | #4
If you have the Bitraider folder it is the streaming launcher and deleting the BitRaider folder is how to do the repair, you cant do both it is one or the other.

ZentheSecond
11.23.2013 , 09:41 PM | #5
If you have the Bitraider folder it is the streaming launcher and deleting the BitRaider folder is how to do the repair, you cant do both it is one or the other.
And repairing will delay if not remove this issue completely?

OwenBrooks
11.23.2013 , 09:45 PM | #6
If it is due to a client file then this should repair it, and stop it occurring, you can also delete the game cache file called DiskCacheArena

ZentheSecond
11.24.2013 , 01:23 AM | #7
If it is due to a client file then this should repair it, and stop it occurring, you can also delete the game cache file called DiskCacheArena
deleting that file won't cause adverse effects to my game?
Never really did any changes to the game's files, normally I don't touch'em. But if doing so will help fix issues I have, I'm all for it.

NicAX
11.24.2013 , 01:44 AM | #8
Deleting the BitRaider folder causes the launcher to scan and verify the currently downloaded game files and will usually find the issue and fix it. This will work in 98% of cases and is usually only a small download. The game and launcher must be closed when you do this, make sure it is not running in task manager.

The DiskCacheArena file is the game temporary cache file, deleting this can sometimes help to fix loading and asset issues, the file will be recreated the next time you run the game. While the file may seem large it is really just used for place holing memory and will not download 1GB+.

ZentheSecond
11.24.2013 , 01:17 PM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by NicAX View Post
Deleting the BitRaider folder causes the launcher to scan and verify the currently downloaded game files and will usually find the issue and fix it. This will work in 98% of cases and is usually only a small download. The game and launcher must be closed when you do this, make sure it is not running in task manager.

The DiskCacheArena file is the game temporary cache file, deleting this can sometimes help to fix loading and asset issues, the file will be recreated the next time you run the game. While the file may seem large it is really just used for place holing memory and will not download 1GB+.
So... Basically delete that file when **** gets really bad while the game is going and nothing will go wrong within the game? Since your saying it is recreated each time the game runs.