Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

They listened to my idea?! HP added to training dummy! YES

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Flashpoints, Operations, and Heroic Missions
They listened to my idea?! HP added to training dummy! YES

DarthSpekulatius
11.28.2013 , 12:42 AM | #21
and it'll be a great help for classes with Pushback to see what they are actually doing...

HuNtOziO
12.01.2013 , 08:03 PM | #22
Dummys that can attack you haha thats an interesting concept...

I see people are building on this already

Jugg tanks dps is absolutely shocking without being attacked though, even when being attacked its still the worst out of the 3 tanks.
- Spoonmeister [Sniper] - Spoonyspoon [Sorc]
- Huntopia [Sin] - Elodie [PT]
- Tenaciouslee [Jugg] - Elodiee [Mara]
- Nova (Guildmaster) - Red Eclipse server, Europe

DarthSpekulatius
12.02.2013 , 05:04 AM | #23
Quote: Originally Posted by HuNtOziO View Post
Dummys that can attack you haha thats an interesting concept...

I see people are building on this already

Jugg tanks dps is absolutely shocking without being attacked though, even when being attacked its still the worst out of the 3 tanks.
depends how good are you with Saber Reflect? I was tanking a DF 16m a while ago 2nd boss the second add group (four or five of these lightening stuff)

I had the two from the other side AOE taunted mine and had over 3k DPS after SR,
that includes the time spent on the boss and the first Add group.

[sarcasm]bad DPS indeed[/sarcasm]

I'll have to look what it does on Corruptor Zero, next time.

Jimvinny
12.02.2013 , 11:55 AM | #24
Is this tank dummy going to heal you as well as attack you? To be taking enough damage to maximize DPS, a tank is going to run out of hp sooner or later. Unless the attack only hits for 1hp or something.

cxten
12.02.2013 , 01:46 PM | #25
Quote: Originally Posted by Jimvinny View Post
Unless the attack only hits for 1hp or something.
This seems like the obvious solution. It wouldn't kill you before the next server downtime. (Doesn't help saber reflect, but I don't know that we want that in a parse.)

Still, I'm not sure what to think of a dummy that attacks you. It would e.g. increase sentinel dps as well (rebuke damage and extra focus) with full uptime on being attacked, which is unrealistic as well. More options are nice, as long as it's an extra option, not automatically packaged in with the armor debuff and million HP.

orangefishboy
12.02.2013 , 02:06 PM | #26
Quote: Originally Posted by cxten View Post
This seems like the obvious solution. It wouldn't kill you before the next server downtime. (Doesn't help saber reflect, but I don't know that we want that in a parse.)

Still, I'm not sure what to think of a dummy that attacks you. It would e.g. increase sentinel dps as well (rebuke damage and extra focus) with full uptime on being attacked, which is unrealistic as well. More options are nice, as long as it's an extra option, not automatically packaged in with the armor debuff and million HP.
Simple solution would be to bring a healer with you to your ship. Alternately, for actual Ops group tests, they could make these useable on the Ziost/Gav dummies.

Kaos_KidSWTOR
12.02.2013 , 02:50 PM | #27
Quote: Originally Posted by cxten View Post

Or, the attack always misses, but can still proc things like Heat Screen, Revenge, Riposte etc.

HuNtOziO
12.03.2013 , 08:21 PM | #28
Well i must say i've been having alot of fun on these dummys now! The burn phase on my assassin is particularly nice .
- Spoonmeister [Sniper] - Spoonyspoon [Sorc]
- Huntopia [Sin] - Elodie [PT]
- Tenaciouslee [Jugg] - Elodiee [Mara]
- Nova (Guildmaster) - Red Eclipse server, Europe

pauldevries
12.04.2013 , 01:02 PM | #29
Sorry - rookie questions...

1. Where do you get this new dummy?
2. Can you measure dps by just killing it down over a certain time I guess (1 million hp?)
3. Is there any way to measure healing amounts?

I do not have a parser so would like to test a few of my friends characters rotations as we are starting to embark on some high level operations...

Thanks in advance

orangefishboy
12.04.2013 , 02:27 PM | #30
They should make a tanking dummy that you can set to match the abilities and timing of a boss you've attempted before. No bosses you haven't attempted so they're still a surprise though.