Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

They listened to my idea?! HP added to training dummy! YES

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Flashpoints, Operations, and Heroic Missions
They listened to my idea?! HP added to training dummy! YES

HuNtOziO
11.23.2013 , 07:37 PM | #1
So after the thread I posted a bit back about adding HP and armour debuff to a training dummy it was actually added to 2.5 on the PTS

(my original post: http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=673269 )

Here is the dummy mods:
http://imgur.com/a/VVX29
http://www.reddit.com/r/swtor/commen...ons_available/

This is brilliant as we can now get a true parse on what each class can do in ideal conditions .

No more excuses for a class now haha, also a fine tuning platform for devs to balance cross class DPS now too.

Very happy thank you Bioware.

(screenshots on PTS are courtesy of namesaretough/evrydayimsmggln)
- Spoonmeister [Sniper] - Spoonyspoon [Sorc]
- Huntopia [Sin] - Elodie [PT]
- Elodiť [Sentinel] - Elodie-deux [Operative]
- Nova (Co-Guildmaster) - Red Eclipse server, Europe

Falver
11.23.2013 , 07:46 PM | #2
It's a great addition. It would be nice if they added more sub increments in the near future though.
The Harbinger
Claimed - Thirteenth - Falver
<Phobos> is recruiting to fill in multiple raid groups. Apply at http://fearphobos.com/

Scyphon_
11.23.2013 , 07:50 PM | #3
This a very great implementation and cheers for helping , to make this a reality lol.,,now we can see what sin's, pt's, merc's (combustion cylinder) can really do ..

HuNtOziO
11.23.2013 , 08:59 PM | #4
Absolutely, this is brilliant. And sure always happy to help the community .

Proper figures that the devs will be able to see and work on for class balance, good times ahead hopefully.
- Spoonmeister [Sniper] - Spoonyspoon [Sorc]
- Huntopia [Sin] - Elodie [PT]
- Elodiť [Sentinel] - Elodie-deux [Operative]
- Nova (Co-Guildmaster) - Red Eclipse server, Europe

AshlaBoga
11.23.2013 , 09:54 PM | #5
Ready!
Set!
Go!!!

First one to zero wins
Typhojem Legacy, Jung Ma server
VICIOUS
Lord of Corruption
Click my Referral Code for free goodies!

ZentheSecond
11.24.2013 , 01:28 AM | #6
Wait....
SO this upgrade will make the dummy have a static health value? Like... So we can actually see sub 30% on dummy? sweet....

Now I just hope that as the game goes further along they keep improving this feature.... Adding more modules. As at the moment good dps are cranking out a million damage over the 5 minute parse that the Leaderboards use as a measuring stick. And I only see the max of 1.5mill health there. Eventually classes will be able to output more then that in 5 minutes XD

Darth_Dreselus
11.24.2013 , 08:26 AM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by ZentheSecond View Post
Wait....
SO this upgrade will make the dummy have a static health value? Like... So we can actually see sub 30% on dummy? sweet....

Now I just hope that as the game goes further along they keep improving this feature.... Adding more modules. As at the moment good dps are cranking out a million damage over the 5 minute parse that the Leaderboards use as a measuring stick. And I only see the max of 1.5mill health there. Eventually classes will be able to output more then that in 5 minutes XD
What's the issue with that? The 5 minute mark was only based on the cd of Inspiration so it would not be used twice. There had to be some sort a way of getting the DPS value so we decided to set the S part. Now we have the D part so time constraints are irrelevant. I don't know which value will become standard but 1mil is a nice round value.
No One Important Died Tavernus - Sorc / Taverna - Mara / Pintus - Op / Gintonica - PT
The Red Eclipse. Sweet Dreams to all my Harbinger children.

Xenphon
11.24.2013 , 09:57 AM | #8
Actually, I believe the five minute mark was more to replicate a normal operation boss fight. They are usually at least five minutes. A parse can be longer than five minutes, thus making it possible to use bloodthirst twice (or more). Time-wise the only restriction is the fact that the parse has to be at least five minutes. Sustained dps classes such as annihilation marauders can keep going for ages, though, as proven by Gorband's top anni parse pre 2.4.

I do love this introduction by BW. A good step in the right direction and a nice gift to those interesting in parsing. It will also give a better indication of how classes fare against each other, as everyone now has access to armour debuff and classes with execute abilities (maras, sins, snipers) or skills that increase in damage on targets under 30% (lethality operative/sniper) can take advantage of that. Will even the field, although I guess marauders will have an advantage with BT available. They may be afraid of introducing BT in adrenal form due to their infamous ability to mess up and suddenly it can be used in operations.

All I'd like now is a tool to reset cooldowns on adrenal, relic, BT, stim boost and even abilities with a fairly long cooldown such as orbital strike. Very annoying to mess up the start and having to wait for cooldowns to reset, especially adrenal and bloodthirst.

odawgg
11.24.2013 , 08:08 PM | #9
I second the cd reset idea...clicking on dummy while out of combat brings up option to reset all cds

MVaglin
11.25.2013 , 01:34 AM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by odawgg View Post
I second the cd reset idea...clicking on dummy while out of combat brings up option to reset all cds
Oh yes, that'd be fantastic.
http://www.thecircle-guild.com

Akash - Operative Monzcarro - Mercenary
Erekose - Marauder Shatiro - Assassin

Pyrotech Mercenary PvE Guide