Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Force users are overpowered and need a nerf

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
Force users are overpowered and need a nerf

CanSolo
11.15.2013 , 10:45 AM | #11
Op op op...
Why post silly things like this, now you are a laughing stock of the forum.
Well, today at least, today is your day lol.
Much better option is to read class forums of the big bad force users that touched your no-no spot and learn how to beat them.
Or better yet, play them to see for yourself.
I care about your gaming 'problems' and your teenage anxieties, just not today.

Joesixxpack
11.15.2013 , 10:54 AM | #12
Yeah, why's this Force ******** in a Star Wars™ game anyway

smellmop
11.15.2013 , 11:02 AM | #13
Don't listen OP. just reroll sorc and destroy your foes with your 99% defense rolls....just remember if you get in trouble, heal 2 full, LoS, make them pay.
-Tarro Blood -> Corellian Run -> The Shadowlands-
Gunslinger: Hasenbensoba Vanguard: Ajmurphy; Scoundrel: Obi'haave; Sorcerer: Impossibreu Guardian: Shrėk
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=labL_KAD2rk

Gaudrath
11.15.2013 , 11:05 AM | #14
Quote: Originally Posted by ralphieceaser View Post
The whole force thing gives a ridiculous concept advantage which lets devs create dumb overpowered skills.

First you can get a SORCERER DEFLECT a sniper's TAKE DOWN and survive. Simply because he GOT LUCKY and had a lightsaber in hand.
You know how your sniper, just like my beefy Powertech, sometimes manages to dodge a blaster bolt? Like it's frikkin' Matrix?

Well, that's same as deflecting that bolt with the lightsaber.

It's a cosmetic effect indicating that you missed. Lightsabers do not offer an innate advantage over a wooden club with a nail in it.

warultima
11.15.2013 , 12:08 PM | #15
Quote: Originally Posted by JediMasterSLC View Post
You are obviously a new player who rolled a non-force user class first, and don't understand how the other classes work- so you call them OP.

Best healers in the game: scoundrel/op (non-force user)

Very arguably best tank in the game: AP/tactics PT/VG (non-force user)

Very arguably best ranged dps in the game: sniper/gs (non-force user)

Sorry, you really just need to learn the other classes before trying to post, no one will take you seriously.
And the best dps + defensive cooldown + the best raid buffs + unbreakable stealth all rolled into one and while you are at it throw in a 4s god mode too: Force User.

nuff said.
| Lv50 Madness Sorc | Lv50 Annihilation Marauder |
| Lv50 Pyrotech Power Tech | Lv50 Medicine Operative |
| Lv50 Sharpshooter Gunslinger | Lv 26 Darkness Assassin |

Avicii
11.15.2013 , 12:46 PM | #16
The whole force thing gives a ridiculous concept advantage which lets devs create dumb overpowered skills.

First you can get a SORCERER DEFLECT a sniper's TAKE DOWN and survive. Simply because he GOT LUCKY and had a lightsaber in hand.

Now we get to the worst part of the force users, the HERP DERP 99% DEFENSE SKILLZ.
Oh i am losing, might as well pop up all my ridiculous cooldowns that increase defense, deflect chance, damage taken, give immunities and that on ridiculous percentages.

All those cooldown skills needs to be nerfed considerably so the force users will be balanced to normal classes
Damn dude you are on a qqing rampage. In Gen and PvP you do not discriminate. You should likely take your own advice in one of your many other QQ threads and head to WoW to get your furries panda insta level 90 so you can just flip to the FoTM instead of qqing.

warultima
11.15.2013 , 12:50 PM | #17
Quote: Originally Posted by Avicii View Post
Damn dude you are on a qqing rampage. In Gen and PvP you do not discriminate. You should likely take your own advice in one of your many other QQ threads and head to WoW to get your furries panda insta level 90 so you can just flip to the FoTM instead of qqing.
Talking about clueless newbs. nuff said. typical swtor crowd. No wonder the game is like this. Baddies that dont care about balance, has no idea how real pvp works sigh.

Thanks for proving my points kiddo. Go play with your smash monkey thats the only thing you know how to do anyway, and when you are at the level of a 12-yr old wowkid (sorry I dont play wow), then come back and talk to me, hopefully (unlikely tho)you would learned something about mmos then.
| Lv50 Madness Sorc | Lv50 Annihilation Marauder |
| Lv50 Pyrotech Power Tech | Lv50 Medicine Operative |
| Lv50 Sharpshooter Gunslinger | Lv 26 Darkness Assassin |

PhilD
11.15.2013 , 12:54 PM | #18
Darth Vader absorbed Han Solo's blaster fire with nothing more than his hand, then Force-yoinked the blaster right out of Han's grip. I think we're pretty far past the point of implausibility, especially since deflecting blaster bolts from range with a lightsaber has been shown about a zillion times in the SW films and cartoons.
The Finglonger Legacy

LaVall
11.15.2013 , 12:57 PM | #19
I see I was doing it wrong. Next time I'm within execute range I'll remember to pop SORCERER DEFLECT.

RiVaN_
11.15.2013 , 12:59 PM | #20

Now we get to the worst part of the force users, the HERP DERP 99% DEFENSE SKILLZ.
Oh i am losing, might as well pop up all my ridiculous cooldowns that increase defense, deflect chance, damage taken, give immunities and that on ridiculous percentages.

All those cooldown skills needs to be nerfed considerably so the force users will be balanced to normal classes
So basically you want to take the Star Wars out of SWTOR? Might as well take the Soldiers out of CoD too. maybe we could petition to Play Madden without any Quarterbacks?
Ra'mel, Merc - The Gentelman Bastards
Nikolete, Scoundrel - Republic Flashfire
C'aboose, Commando - Souls of Fate
Jedi Covenant