Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Madness/Balance Assassin Dmg Tips

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
Madness/Balance Assassin Dmg Tips

Majspuffen
11.15.2013 , 03:54 AM | #21
Quote: Originally Posted by jackrunip View Post
You're right, I went this entire time misunderstanding what that provided. My mind kept equating "Force Technique" with breach.
You're were not the only one. Buffing Force Breach would be awesome! But what exactly do we gain from buffing our random tick that deals like 200 damage? Bioware seem to absolutely love the Force Technique proc, seeing as how they've given us so many talents to buff it with (LAMBASTE!!!) but personally I hate it. Even with Battle Readiness the proc is extremely lackluster... what is the point? -.-
Lambaste!
Best talent in the Galaxy!

jackrunip
11.15.2013 , 08:21 AM | #22
Quote: Originally Posted by Majspuffen View Post
You're were not the only one. Buffing Force Breach would be awesome! But what exactly do we gain from buffing our random tick that deals like 200 damage? Bioware seem to absolutely love the Force Technique proc, seeing as how they've given us so many talents to buff it with (LAMBASTE!!!) but personally I hate it. Even with Battle Readiness the proc is extremely lackluster... what is the point? -.-
EDIT: I see what you mean. You're right, as it stands there isn't really a point to having that ability. It doesn't really add anything as far as healing or damage is concerned.

PS: I should L2R. Thought Lambaste generated a Breach tick on those it hit. That would have provided 10%(?) instant health when 5 targets were hit...I see now, what a useless talent.

Quote: Originally Posted by JP_Legatus View Post
When I first was leveling my Shadow it was 1.7 where you didn't see many full Infiltration (days of the hybrids). I based my gear design off of high surge and high power. When the 2.0 crit nerf came I found that stacking crit no longer provided the high % I wanted. (My scoundrel went from 40% down to 26-28% with 300-400 crit). I figured that sitting at about 23% was decent enough (at 200 Crit). If I get enough coms to regear I wouldn't mind testing out a higher crit build on Balance.

I rushed my original post (happens when I type at work). I agree that your main focus should be on a single target. However, in a match against multiple healers (with few or no CCs) I find it better to DOT most of the enemy team in order to stress the healers. If you're only hitting 1-2 people against 3 healers then the damage is easily covered (especially if you don't have help as Balance/Maddness is missing burst). Hitting 8 people on the other hand (in combination with SOME of your DPS attacking those targets) should give the healers a bit more trouble.

Of course, you'll want to be smart about what you DOT in the situation where you need to CC things. I'll usually save my Lift/Whirlwind for the healer that is hiding in the corner, away from the group I'm attacking.

Tip: When using Lift/Whirlwind I suggest "masking" your cast. You have to face your target to start the channel. Once it's started turn back to the main fight. This way it looks like you're not going to CC your intended target. A lot of healers will be focused on the health bars or looking for people that seem to be staring at them. They won't be looking for a backwards CC.
<The Sanctuary>
Mechanical Llama -- Sneaky Llama of T.E.H
Fiama Llama -- Retired Sneaky Llama of T.E.H
Also, anything with a "Llama" attached to the end of it!

Zydean
11.15.2013 , 10:34 AM | #23
Thank you for all your comments as they have been really helpful. I'm going to test them in following days so I'll let you what I think.

Last night I had really nice dps and on my extreme joy I soloed friend who was cocky deception sin
Red Eclipse | Drop It Like It's Hoth
Zy'ssan, Mercenary Bodyguard