Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Petition to Ban Operatives from Queuing Ranked as DPS

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
Petition to Ban Operatives from Queuing Ranked as DPS

Zoom_VI
11.14.2013 , 09:12 AM | #11
Dang, my team has run a scrapper in the team ranked queue before - and won doing it.
Crinn
Trooper Hunter

Vanguard | Commando | Powertech | Mercenary
Quote: Originally Posted by LanceCorporalDan View Post
"the most intersting PvPer on the server..."

Wainamoinen
11.14.2013 , 09:18 AM | #12
To be honest, rank-matching should pretty much take care of underpowered specs affecting chance to win.

People playing them will simply have garbage ranks, pairing them with and against windowlickers on OP specs and mediocre players on middling specs.

Means you wouldn't have as high a rank on the UP spec as you would if you played an OP spec, but if you care about ranking that much you should switch spec, eh?

Balancing would be nice, but experience teaches me simply to hope the nerfs aren't too hilariously brutal.
It's a small world and it smells funny, I'd buy another if it wasn't for the money.
Ilmarinen 55 Scoundrel (Red Eclipse)

Capt_Beers
11.14.2013 , 09:37 AM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by Zoom_VI View Post
Dang, my team has run a scrapper in the team ranked queue before - and won doing it.
Exploiter
<Super Bads> - POT5 - <WE ARE FARMERS>
Keith-Stone 55 Medic | | CaptBeers 55 Arsenal | | FOTM-Reroll 55 Tactics
Keet-Stone 55 Focus | | Keef-Stone 55 Infiltration

Eterud
11.14.2013 , 09:38 AM | #14
Quote: Originally Posted by Luckeyduckey View Post
I'm not saying nerf it. I'm saying it needs a buff. And if it won't be buffed, then they need to force Operatives to be healers. It's really that simple. Even the best will struggle.
Dude, operative dps has a lot more CC's and survivability than some other dpsers.

(Mercenaries anyone?)

Haystak
11.14.2013 , 09:49 AM | #15
Cant be that bad, their is like what 30 of us left in the game.
Airwolf -55-Scoundrel
Mcrose -55-Shadow
Makros -55-Marauder
Mac-Ros -55-Vangaurd

Haystak
11.14.2013 , 09:53 AM | #16
Quote: Originally Posted by Eterud View Post
Dude, operative dps has a lot more CC's and survivability than some other dpsers.

(Mercenaries anyone?)
Dude dont pull the merc card....everytime I see a "poor pitiful" thread someone always says "atleast your not a commando/merc". I have a merc, he doesnt seem to do too bad. They arent 3 button winners like the tank classes, but its not like they dont have worthwhile abiliities.
Airwolf -55-Scoundrel
Mcrose -55-Shadow
Makros -55-Marauder
Mac-Ros -55-Vangaurd

Cordorian
11.14.2013 , 09:57 AM | #17
Quote: Originally Posted by Sappharan View Post
I think you're just encountering unskilled operatives. If you buff durability they're going to suffer somewhere else. It would simply be necessary.
It is not like dps operative hell lot of damage either, or put different which damage you want to nerf there?

And for those that still dont understand dps scoundrels and operatives are the squishiest melee dps class in game. since you have to go melee to do anything they are effectively the squishiest class in game.

The CC they have is good and in heals spec combine with a lot of other abilities this leads to great survivability, but as dps i cant make up for the disadvantage of having no decent CD despite combat stealth (which in concealment you want to save for another hidden strike).

Since the class will never get buffed anyway, and the series of nerfs continue i think BW can just put the nail into the coffin, to middle tree. Lethality still is decently good in regs, but once it gets competitive the slightest they die like flies.

One reason you see so many operative healers running around in pvp is that you have to be masochist to play the other two tree for a longer while.

Cordorian
11.14.2013 , 09:57 AM | #18
Quote: Originally Posted by Haystak View Post
Dude dont pull the merc card....everytime I see a "poor pitiful" thread someone always says "atleast your not a commando/merc". I have a merc, he doesnt seem to do too bad. They arent 3 button winners like the tank classes, but its not like they dont have worthwhile abiliities.
->electro net....smashers love that :P

Wainamoinen
11.14.2013 , 10:14 AM | #19
Quote: Originally Posted by Haystak View Post
Cant be that bad, their is like what 30 of us left in the game.
"The last remaining viable wild population, estimated 20-25 individuals, is found in a small area..."

Now hunted to near-extinction, the Lesser Spotted Scrapper roamed the plains of Alderaan and Denova, where they provided an effective brake on the numbers of slower-witted, lumbering creatures. Their former prey's noisy, trumpeting hordes overrun today's warzones.
It's a small world and it smells funny, I'd buy another if it wasn't for the money.
Ilmarinen 55 Scoundrel (Red Eclipse)

Joesixxpack
11.14.2013 , 10:23 AM | #20
Quote: Originally Posted by Wainamoinen View Post
"The last remaining viable wild population, estimated 20-25 individuals, is found in a small area..."

Now hunted to near-extinction, the Lesser Spottted Scrapper formerly roamed the plains of Alderaan and Denova, where they provided an effective brake on the numbers of slower-witted, lumbering creatures. Their former prey's noisy, trumpeting hordes overrun today's warzones.
Haha! Mine's stuffed and displayed on a shelf.

I'm naively holding out to see what 2.5 brings before going sawbones.
SifuStoli Sage | Joesixxpack VG | BBQ'Ribs GS | Hawt'Sauce Guard | Dark'nStormy Scrap
ilotSufiS Mara | BBQRibs Sin | BBQSammich PT | BBQSawce MM | Dark'n'Stormy Op Med
PROPHECY OF THE FIVE