Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Pre-Order was only truth from a certain point of view!

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Customer Service
Pre-Order was only truth from a certain point of view!

FragRockKnuckles
12.13.2011 , 02:13 PM | #1
Like many of you who have pre-ordered I was very excited to have purchased the game and come pre-launch be ready to play (including booking time off). This excitement has been completely destroyed with the fact that I now have to wait to be put into a 'wave' knowing full well that my early access time as promised on purchase is ticking away. The process of these 'waves' may even take days before I finally get to play as given the fact like many people who purchased the game, I did not put the pre-order code in until later on and for this I am now penalized.

I acknowledge the reasoning for the 'waves' but frankly given all the testing and thousands of testers involved there should be no reason to stagger invites but if that is the process then I respect that.

However, when I purchased the pre-order I did not see any information that entry to early game access would be on a 'first come first serve' basis that is tied down to the time at which you redeem your code. If these facts were stated then it would have been completely fair and understandable but they were not and so I feel that certain truths where not told and I was lied to.

I guess it is only a game and sure I am patient enough to wait but when you try to balance real life around such occasions as this it is bitterly disappointing to know that your time has been wasted and an agreement not honored.

May the force be with you!

-=[FRAGGLEROCK GAMING COMMUNITY- A FUN AND FRIENDLY STAR WARS FAMILY]=-
I'm BACKWARDS. You flea-bitten furball!
SUBMIT YOUR APPLICATION
| WEBSITE

waltab
12.13.2011 , 02:16 PM | #2
It happens just relax

FragRockKnuckles
12.13.2011 , 05:20 PM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by waltab View Post
How many times did bioware say in one way shape or form that invites will be staggered for early access if you didn't pre order right on the 21st and took time off even not knowing when you would get in well that's your own fault it's not biowares it's not anyone elses but your own.
"in one shape or form" would have been helpful to have been shown when you buy it don't you think?

SUBMIT YOUR APPLICATION
| WEBSITE

redtimemonkey
12.13.2011 , 05:21 PM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by FragRockKnuckles View Post
Like many of you who have pre-ordered I was very excited to have purchased the game and come pre-launch be ready to play (including booking time off). This excitement has been completely destroyed with the fact that I now have to wait to be put into a 'wave' knowing full well that my early access time as promised on purchase is ticking away. The process of these 'waves' may even take days before I finally get to play as given the fact like many people who purchased the game, I did not put the pre-order code in until later on and for this I am now penalized.

I acknowledge the reasoning for the 'waves' but frankly given all the testing and thousands of testers involved there should be no reason to stagger invites but if that is the process then I respect that.

However, when I purchased the pre-order I did not see any information that entry to early game access would be on a 'first come first serve' basis that is tied down to the time at which you redeem your code. If these facts were stated then it would have been completely fair and understandable but they were not and so I feel that certain truths where not told and I was lied to.

I guess it is only a game and sure I am patient enough to wait but when you try to balance real life around such occasions as this it is bitterly disappointing to know that your time has been wasted and an agreement not honored.

May the force be with you!
You failed to read. Blame your parents, or public school. Don't blame Bioware.

FragRockKnuckles
12.13.2011 , 05:30 PM | #5
Don't forget poor eyesight too...for older players. It is all very well having the details on this now but I guarantee you that information was not available a few months back as I am not the only one with this issue.

SUBMIT YOUR APPLICATION
| WEBSITE

Evangalion
12.13.2011 , 05:35 PM | #6
Actually I do blame bioware as well as electronic arts. those of us who pre-ordered the digital deluxe edition have already paid to and electronic arts has already recieved my payment back on September 9th of $85 dollars plus some change for Star Wars the old republic. i'm done! I repeat Done! With waiting for this early access thing to occur. We the people who have already paid our money for this game have the right to be able to log in today and not have to deal with this staggered oh we are gonna make you wait due to when you purchased the game crap! This is only making me more and more want to call electronic arts and demand a rull refund on the purchase price of SWTOR!

Palenen
12.13.2011 , 05:37 PM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by waltab View Post
How many times did bioware say in one way shape or form that invites will be staggered for early access if you didn't pre order right on the 21st and took time off even not knowing when you would get in well that's your own fault it's not biowares it's not anyone elses but your own.
Personally, I have a Aug. 6th date on the same day I pre-ordered. I don't recall reading early access was staggered. However, I could have missed it somewhere. I will be upset if I don't get in by the 15th. That's when I expect to get in. These two days are extra.

I will agree this is unbalancing guild members playing with each other. The other issue is that you don't need to play with anyone. The solo design is more detrimental than two days access.

redtimemonkey
12.13.2011 , 05:39 PM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by Evangalion View Post
Actually I do blame bioware as well as electronic arts. those of us who pre-ordered the digital deluxe edition have already paid to and electronic arts has already recieved my payment back on September 9th of $85 dollars plus some change for Star Wars the old republic. i'm done! I repeat Done! With waiting for this early access thing to occur. We the people who have already paid our money for this game have the right to be able to log in today and not have to deal with this staggered oh we are gonna make you wait due to when you purchased the game crap! This is only making me more and more want to call electronic arts and demand a rull refund on the purchase price of SWTOR!
You don't have the right to play today, you have the right to 1-5 early access days. That's what was on what you purchased if you bothered to read it.

Considering this is 2 days before the 5 days early... you really need to get over yourself and stop being a drama queen.

PrinceOfHavok
12.13.2011 , 05:42 PM | #9
Yeah... Bioware said it was first come first serve the day they announced it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shingara
as i have played the game multiple times i can catagorically say you are so far off base that you can no longer see the actual base.

Dagod
12.13.2011 , 05:43 PM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by Evangalion View Post
Why do we see that kind of QQ in almost every thread? The official release of the game is december 20th. If you get in earlier, then fine and have fun in it! But if you get in later than sooner, suck it up for a while, that's all. It is EARLY ACCESS, not RELEASE. If they didn't do early access you'd be playing TOR only next week, so just relax, do something in Real Life (yes, you know that thing...) and patiently wait to get invited BEFORE RELEASE.

- Caps were used to help some people focus, since it seems many just can't read correctly what was said by Bioware.-

And I say thanks to Bioware for starting Early Access before the scheduled time, we'll gain 2 days to lower lag in beginner regions.
"We are the true children of the Mists and the inheritors of Creation. If man was made in God's image, then we are God."

DDE DDE