Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

People playing PVP still don't understand killing healers is PRIORITY

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
People playing PVP still don't understand killing healers is PRIORITY

Evolixe
11.13.2013 , 05:04 PM | #21
The problem with going for the healer is that your team will have to endure a ton of damage as well. But if you go for the dps, they won't take nearly as much damage. Because those dps players are going to be busier surviving.

You do have to keep some form of control on the healer though, but yeah.. that speaks for itself.
Evolixe | Exilove
The Red Eclipse
Livestream

byteresistor
11.13.2013 , 05:17 PM | #22
Quote: Originally Posted by Evolixe View Post
Going for the healers first isn't always the best way.
In random wz's it usually is.

Tankqull
11.13.2013 , 06:49 PM | #23
Quote: Originally Posted by Evolixe View Post
Going for the healers first isn't always the best way.
ignoring them having a "1" vs 1 vs one of the enemy dps dying miserably because he got healed while you havent doesent help either

Arlanon
11.13.2013 , 07:54 PM | #24
Quote: Originally Posted by Royox View Post
Really people, I'm tired. Every WZ I manage to mark all the healers of the other team and I'm tired of seeing that almost nobody gives a f*ck. Even if I write in the ops chat "kill the healer marked" nobody does nothing....people still tryes to kill other targets that ARE BEING HEALED instead of healers.

If this is the way I should play pug WZ's I will start doing the same...not giving a f*ck about healers and objectives. It seems is the only way people plays this game.
L2DamageFarm

Sangrar
11.13.2013 , 07:56 PM | #25
every ranked I play where the team focuses the healer is a win for me, the only win I ever got otherwise was when the healer of the imp team decided to leave, followed by his tank guard a minute later. Every match I have played where the healer of the other team was untouched by my team was a loss. They hit one of the people benefitting from the heals instead of hitting the source, excuse is " its stupid to go after the guy with the instant heals and escapes" ever heard of stun? besides those guys are not immortal like everyone thinks, When you kill the healer in ranked even if he is guarded you win, people see guard as a deterrent, just some carefully calculated stuns and interrupts makes the scoundrel or operative die, and without him or her healing the enemy team is left with only medpacs, and to all of you who will likely try to poke holes in that or say I am lying, I am working on posting pictures of my wins with scoundrel/operative healers on the losing team to prove that yes, good dps from a team along with smart stuns and interrupts can take out an operative/scoundrel healer, as it is I have had 7 out of 15 wins and almost all of those wins were with operative/scoundrel heals in them ( was fun had some guys who I kept getting yesterday who were very good at dps, they took them out before the enemy team got me allowing me to heal my team longer and be of more use, to the point I got a lot of MVP votes.
Click this REFFERAL LINK for free character transfer, free inventory slot, and one week free sub time for preffered and subscribed accounts! You can read more about it HERE to prove it's legit

Gomex
11.13.2013 , 08:33 PM | #26
Quote: Originally Posted by Sangrar View Post
every ranked I play where the team focuses the healer is a win for me, the only win I ever got otherwise was when the healer of the imp team decided to leave, followed by his tank guard a minute later. Every match I have played where the healer of the other team was untouched by my team was a loss. They hit one of the people benefitting from the heals instead of hitting the source, excuse is " its stupid to go after the guy with the instant heals and escapes" ever heard of stun? besides those guys are not immortal like everyone thinks, When you kill the healer in ranked even if he is guarded you win, people see guard as a deterrent, just some carefully calculated stuns and interrupts makes the scoundrel or operative die, and without him or her healing the enemy team is left with only medpacs, and to all of you who will likely try to poke holes in that or say I am lying, I am working on posting pictures of my wins with scoundrel/operative healers on the losing team to prove that yes, good dps from a team along with smart stuns and interrupts can take out an operative/scoundrel healer, as it is I have had 7 out of 15 wins and almost all of those wins were with operative/scoundrel heals in them ( was fun had some guys who I kept getting yesterday who were very good at dps, they took them out before the enemy team got me allowing me to heal my team longer and be of more use, to the point I got a lot of MVP votes.
biggest joke

CanSolo
11.13.2013 , 09:56 PM | #27
Focusing healers and **** is actually advanced PVP lol, the mouth-breathers I group with in pugs still struggle with basics, especially Hypergate map.
Yes this is at 55 too.
I care about your gaming 'problems' and your teenage anxieties, just not today.

Gnoblesse
11.13.2013 , 11:07 PM | #28
Quote: Originally Posted by Sangrar View Post
as it is I have had 7 out of 15 wins and almost all of those wins were with operative/scoundrel heals in them
7 out of 15, eh? So basically, a losing record....

keeroo
11.14.2013 , 03:58 AM | #29
have to support Exilove here with his statement. I am really suprised that folks are seriously shouting for the "kill healer first" paradigm. The primary target ALWAYS depends on the team setup.

A guarded scoundrel / operative has a 14 second cooldown on its defensive pops IF ONGOINGLY attacked. Better focus an un-guarded dps to take off the entire pressure on the own team's healer. It is just non-sense to try to focus down a guarded scoundrel / operative. In case of a sage / sorc or merc / commando healer, the situation is totally different, even if guarded...

Hint: check HP bars before you set your team's focus target. This helps you to derive the enemy team's gear level. A health level between 31k-32k is usually fully augmented obroan, everything non-tanky with +32k uses PVE gear, everything below 30k or above 32k is usually a very nice focus target (in any case, avoid to focus tanks)
Keeroo - Guardian | Keeraa - Sentinel
Keeree - Scoundrel | Kooree - Mercenary

PhilD
11.14.2013 , 07:46 AM | #30
Started grinding for better (e.g., any) PvP gear on my 55 DPS vanguard recently, so currently just playing unranked 8x8s. I'm doing it wrong because I'm wearing my raid gear so my expertise is under 1600. But that's not the point, the point is:

I get into a Hypergates last night, having queued as a group w/a sage from my guild. Not only are we saddled with a bunch of derps (like the "cap and run away instead of guarding") types, the other side -- which, I think, included a Unicorn Stampede crew -- are all much better geared as well as being better skilled. They're simply owning us at mid, focus firing us like crazy. (At one point I had 5 people focusing and chain-stunning me while my sage desperately tried to heal me.)

At one point, one of my derp teammates types in chat, in all caps, KILL THE HEALER. I replied, "Are you ****ting me? The healer is the LEAST of the problems right now."

Point being, it's conventional wisdom for people who think they're good at PvP to yell KILL THE HEALER all the time, but they're generally unable to assess the bigger picture.

(The numbers told the tale btw - nobody on my team put out more than 400k damage, while three of theirs managed over 700k.)
The Finglonger Legacy