Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

People playing PVP still don't understand killing healers is PRIORITY

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
People playing PVP still don't understand killing healers is PRIORITY

Royox
11.13.2013 , 03:58 PM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by Evolixe View Post
Going for the healers first isn't always the best way.
True. But 90% of times it is.
WATCH MY NEW SWTOR VIDEO!! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aXm_lHPMA4Y

Neoforcer
11.13.2013 , 04:02 PM | #12
Yep watching players hitting a dps or tank while they get healed to full every time is the right way. With some healers you can not afford to hit any one but the healer. I seen people do just what you state above and kill no one then rage.

Neoforcer
11.13.2013 , 04:07 PM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by Royox View Post
Really people, I'm tired. Every WZ I manage to mark all the healers of the other team and I'm tired of seeing that almost nobody gives a f*ck. Even if I write in the ops chat "kill the healer marked" nobody does nothing....people still tryes to kill other targets that ARE BEING HEALED instead of healers.

If this is the way I should play pug WZ's I will start doing the same...not giving a f*ck about healers and objectives. It seems is the only way people plays this game.
There are some elite players out there that think trying to kill the sage dps is easier then killing the healers. I seen player do this then nerd rage why the person is not dieing. Well let see the healer that worth his weight in gold in a warzone is able to heal your damage on that dps no mater how much dps you put out.

Then they elite player tries it the right way of kills the healer and then guess what We kill there hole team go figure. There are healer in PVP that you remember as being really good at there class.

Xanas
11.13.2013 , 04:11 PM | #14
You know when I am amazed? When I see people attacking healers AND separating them from tanks.
Obviously referring to unranked.

anwg
11.13.2013 , 04:15 PM | #15
Only if you noobs.

Seireeni
11.13.2013 , 04:16 PM | #16
Quote: Originally Posted by Plicitous View Post
I think the biggest problems occur when there are multiple healers and no one establishes a kill order or calls out target switches. When people rage about a lack of focus fire on healers what they're usually mad about is the lack of focus fire on the healer they're targeting. In general, the less you leave open to interpretation the better off you'll be.
This. When the enemy team has 2, 3 or even more healers, it seems that usually every dps picks their favourite healer and runs after that one, and then gets annoyed when other people aren't focusing down the same healer as they are.

Tbh, even I'm not actually sure which one should be killed first. I'd reason that it's best to kill the weakest healer first, so that one isn't healing the stronger ones, making them a little easier to kill. But in the other hand, if we get the strongest healer down, the weaker ones are usually easy to take down, since the strong healer isn't healing them.
Anyone feel like sharing their wisdom concerning this? ^^
There is a face beneath this mask but it's not me.
Red Eclipse - 22 characters - The Firslay Legacy

Evolixe
11.13.2013 , 04:16 PM | #17
Quote: Originally Posted by Neoforcer View Post
Yep watching players hitting a dps or tank while they get healed to full every time is the right way. With some healers you can not afford to hit any one but the healer. I seen people do just what you state above and kill no one then rage.
*sigh*

Of course you have to do it right. But if you do, going for the healer is far from always the best way to go.

Whoever the healer is, does not matter. Only the class.

Quote: Originally Posted by Royox View Post
True. But 90% of times it is.
More like 50-60.
Evolixe [ToFN/PoT5] Exilove
PvE AMR - Livestream - PvP AMR - BiS PvP Mad/Bal - BiS PvP Dec/Infi
Quote:
Open yourself to suggestions from others.
There is so much to be learned from other people no matter how good you are.

Mikeieveli
11.13.2013 , 04:28 PM | #18
Precisely. Another approach is CC healers and attack DPS in order to relieve pressure off your healer. Doing this will eliminate pressure and force pressure on the other healers, setting them behind. If your DPS is good enough once behind it makes it very difficult to catch up.
Durkheimedes: Fear the Purple and Gold
Hoth Ski Patrol
Pot5

NathanielStarr
11.13.2013 , 04:38 PM | #19
kill the merc first they have pretty much zero defenses and then you will be up 4 to 3.

JP_Legatus
11.13.2013 , 04:57 PM | #20
Assuming a normal setup it may not be optimal to focus the healer. Especially if it's an op guarded by a jugg tank or similar scenario, you usually have to at least get rid of the guard before you can kill him, either by making him switch to another guard or by separating them.
You also need to have the right comp on YOUR team. If you've got 2 sniper/Mara permadeeps then you can rotate that healing debuff and with persistence and skill you may get him. It all depends on the scenario IMO.

Now if it's 3 dps and a merc healer then yes, go after that guy immediately and do not switch off him until he's dead.
Plaje - 55 Assassin Sorcheals - 55 Sorcerer
TheHulkk - 55 Juggernaut Riksa - 55 Marauder
Ophealing - 55 Operative Lolsniper - 55 Sniper
Overpoweredtech - 29 Powertech The Bastion http://www.twitch.tv/plajje