Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

People playing PVP still don't understand killing healers is PRIORITY

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
People playing PVP still don't understand killing healers is PRIORITY

Royox
11.13.2013 , 03:33 PM | #1
Really people, I'm tired. Every WZ I manage to mark all the healers of the other team and I'm tired of seeing that almost nobody gives a f*ck. Even if I write in the ops chat "kill the healer marked" nobody does nothing....people still tryes to kill other targets that ARE BEING HEALED instead of healers.

If this is the way I should play pug WZ's I will start doing the same...not giving a f*ck about healers and objectives. It seems is the only way people plays this game.
WATCH MY NEW SWTOR VIDEO!! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aXm_lHPMA4Y

Evolixe
11.13.2013 , 03:34 PM | #2
Going for the healers first isn't always the best way.
Evolixe [ToFN/PoT5] Exilove
PvE AMR - Livestream - PvP AMR - BiS PvP Mad/Bal - BiS PvP Dec/Infi
Quote:
Open yourself to suggestions from others.
There is so much to be learned from other people no matter how good you are.

irojoz
11.13.2013 , 03:35 PM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by Evolixe View Post
Going for the healers first isn't always the best way.
this ^

RiChess
11.13.2013 , 03:43 PM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by irojoz View Post
this ^
Depends on if the healer has a support network backing him up. I have a couple good groups that ask me to run with them when I hop online, they give me guard, and peels, and I give them mad heals. Attacking me usually ends with you beating your head against a wall while my dps take out your team. So in cases like this, you're probably ****ed, and it's better to assign someone to continually harass and interrupt (sins and veng juggs work well for this imo), not so much trying to kill.

Now it's a random healtard and he's working alone, better to blow him up.
55- Sniper 55- Mara 55- Sage
55- Merc 55- Juggy
55- Sin 55- PT
55- Op 55- Sorc

Omisri
11.13.2013 , 03:44 PM | #5
Being able to focus a single target is enough. A healer won't be able to keep up a DPS or tank being focused by more than half of the team.

Then again, if you're focusing a healer that knows how to distract you, you could be led away from the objectives while the opposition caps.

My own frustration comes from everyone focusing different targets while the healer free casts, comfortably being able to keep topping his / her team mates up
Kleck - Jugg Omisri - Maud Aeox - Assassin Meign - Sorc Idep - Stealthy Operative Jacke - Merc
SWTOR - No longer is it like the pain of a full bladder in your car on a long journey, relieved by a hidden service station. But the dissapointment you get when you find out you were not in a car - you were asleep, just wet yourself, and had to pay for new bedding.

j-cart
11.13.2013 , 03:44 PM | #6
Wait, you're telling me not to go after the unguarded target?
The Gistang Legacy
<Atlas>
Siret Scoundrel ZhaneOrdo Operative Yahs Powertech
The Bastion

DanNV
11.13.2013 , 03:52 PM | #7
My healer would disagree with you. I tend to be target one as soon as anyone realizes I'm a healer. (Which is why I think target markers should not persist when you die. At least make people pay attention and remark.) This is why I seldom play my healer in PVP anymore even though he has double the play time of any of my other characters.

TheRampage
11.13.2013 , 03:53 PM | #8
Nope. Priotiy is merc/comando, sage/sorc. Esp if healer is operative/scoundrel.
Raph‚el - Vanguard
Nasargiel - Commando
Cŗstiel - Mercenary

Evolixe
11.13.2013 , 03:57 PM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by j-cart View Post
Wait, you're telling me not to go after the unguarded target?
Not always.
Evolixe [ToFN/PoT5] Exilove
PvE AMR - Livestream - PvP AMR - BiS PvP Mad/Bal - BiS PvP Dec/Infi
Quote:
Open yourself to suggestions from others.
There is so much to be learned from other people no matter how good you are.

Plicitous
11.13.2013 , 03:57 PM | #10
I think the biggest problems occur when there are multiple healers and no one establishes a kill order or calls out target switches. When people rage about a lack of focus fire on healers what they're usually mad about is the lack of focus fire on the healer they're targeting. In general, the less you leave open to interpretation the better off you'll be.