Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Please let Techies equip different weapons.

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes
Please let Techies equip different weapons.

TheSupaCoopa
11.24.2013 , 07:30 PM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by klham View Post
It would be nice to at least give commandos a bowcaster option. I don't know about the dual pistols, but a bit more variation on the auto-cannon would be fun - how about a small discreet baby cannon
Rex dual-wielded pistols. Boba Fett used a sniper in TFU II's ending.
Most FPS games allow players to dual-wield pistols(the Trooper story feels like something from an FPS). In order to balance this, Mercs could wield Sniper Rifles and Generators, and the Trooper and Bounty Hunter class could wield a Blaster Pistol or Rifle.
The Valiance Legacy, Begeren Colony
"I don't get paid to do the easy jobs, ma'am."- Republic Trooper
Current 50's and 55's

vPLethality AmillarArturon

LadyKohastFel
11.27.2013 , 03:25 AM | #12
Lore wise this would make a degree of sense for the tech based characters , Mandalorians (bounty hunters) come from a warrior culture and they are in essence professional soldiers and having them learn to use trooper weapons would not be a major hurdle in terms of the star wars universe canon, and troopers are also professional soldiers so it would make sense for them to be able to use a wide variety of weapons so it would make sense for them to use the weapons of a bounty hunter. it would make sense for Imperial agents to have access to all kinds of weapons since they are a branch of the imperial armed forces although they would probably be restricted to lighter weapons and smugglers are opportunists and individualists so they would probably use whatever weapon was readily available but heavy weapons like assault cannons would probably be a little to hard to come by for them to use.

As for mechanics all I would do to implement this is to reuse the coding for the various weapons if they are on their counterpart class (troopers would use merc animations if they used dual pistols and vice versa) and reuse the animations for the counterpart moves so for example a merc using an assault cannon would get their death from above replaced with a mortar strike. In essence if you chose to use the weapons of your counterpart class you would in essence become that class.
Remember Antaria, Naboo, Starsider Server.

TheSupaCoopa
11.27.2013 , 02:30 PM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by LadyKohastFel View Post
Lore wise this would make a degree of sense for the tech based characters , Mandalorians (bounty hunters) come from a warrior culture and they are in essence professional soldiers and having them learn to use trooper weapons would not be a major hurdle in terms of the star wars universe canon, and troopers are also professional soldiers so it would make sense for them to be able to use a wide variety of weapons so it would make sense for them to use the weapons of a bounty hunter. it would make sense for Imperial agents to have access to all kinds of weapons since they are a branch of the imperial armed forces although they would probably be restricted to lighter weapons and smugglers are opportunists and individualists so they would probably use whatever weapon was readily available but heavy weapons like assault cannons would probably be a little to hard to come by for them to use.

As for mechanics all I would do to implement this is to reuse the coding for the various weapons if they are on their counterpart class (troopers would use merc animations if they used dual pistols and vice versa) and reuse the animations for the counterpart moves so for example a merc using an assault cannon would get their death from above replaced with a mortar strike. In essence if you chose to use the weapons of your counterpart class you would in essence become that class.
Honestly, a mercenary wouldn't get an assault cannon(I'd imagine more of a sniper rifle.) and DfA would not need to be reskinned, nor would Mortar Volley because, well, jetpack(DfA) and Grenade Launcher(MV).

Yes, a Trooper would have a grenade launcher(This is how holding pistols would work for ER).
The Valiance Legacy, Begeren Colony
"I don't get paid to do the easy jobs, ma'am."- Republic Trooper
Current 50's and 55's

vPLethality AmillarArturon