Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Battlemaster gear

varietasplus
11.07.2013 , 11:02 AM | #1
If bolster was inplemented, why wasn't expertise removed from Battlemaster gear?

I tried to play PVP with an alt that is still level50 with Battlemaster gear, but my health remains 25k only.
If expertise was removed from War Hero, why did it remain on the Battlemaster?

I do not have comms I could exchange PVE gear with and in a certain way it is absurd that I would need to buy green or blue items that are significantly worse than my BM (on the fleet), so that those might become better in WZ.
I worked for that BM set and I think it should be superior to all but WH below level55.
It is not right that one's efforts are undone like this.

Any hints how to solve this gear issue?

Kaos_KidSWTOR
11.07.2013 , 11:41 AM | #2
Here's a hint, Play Warzones Get Warzone Comms, buy Conq gear, Play Ranked 4v4, Get Ranked Comms, Get Ranked PvP Gear, Win.

Ridickilis
11.07.2013 , 11:53 AM | #3
He's going to have like 1000 expertise in a WZ and he's only level 50 not 55, hence the reason for his question.

Unfortunately you're going to have to spend some credits on gear or go pve for an hour or two before going into a WZ. I have a couple toons I haven't touched yet for this very reason, one in BM and the other in lolrecruit.

Capt_Beers
11.07.2013 , 12:31 PM | #4
I would imagine their reasoning was that by the time they implemented the new bolster system BM gear had been out of the game for some time. Since wasn't available anymore I guess they didn't see the need to fix it. Pretty short sighted, but certainly not totally unreasonable. They were under a ton of pressure since PvP was basically completely broken when 2.0 went live. So they fixed all the relevant gear in their minds, which BTW removing the expertise was probably a last minute, last resort type of fix, and left out BM to save some time.

I don't agree with how they did things at all but I can see why they did it. Get some planetary comms, find a list of lowbie heroics that award them and farm them that way, and get some Makeb mods, the bolster pretty well.
<HVND> <MALEVOLENT>
Keef-Stone 60 Serenity | | Keets-Stone 60 Seer | | Keith-Stone 60 Combat Medic | | Keeth-Stone 60 Vigilance
Keet-Stone 55 Focus | | CaptBeers 60 Arsenal | | Kee'th 60 Pyrotech | | FOTM-Reroll 55 Tactics

varietasplus
11.07.2013 , 12:36 PM | #5
Thank you.

ZNICK
11.07.2013 , 12:59 PM | #6
If you do the daily pvp mission, as well as the weekly, it'll only take you around a week to get the full conq set. It's way easy...

Z
You don't stop playing games when you get old... you get old when you stop playing games!

Ridickilis
11.07.2013 , 01:14 PM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by ZNICK View Post
If you do the daily pvp mission, as well as the weekly, it'll only take you around a week to get the full conq set. It's way easy...

Z
*sigh*

He shouldn't go into any pvp WZ with BM or below gear. Any gear with expertise on it will not get bolstered. He will be stuck with the exact same stats he has outside of a WZ and will get killed very quickly with roughly half the expertise of everyone else.

Even if he does manage one medal per WZ to get coms he'll be taking a barrage of abuse (of varying degrees) from teammates for showing up in BM.

LaVall
11.07.2013 , 01:16 PM | #8
They removed expertise from WH and EWH because that's what people currently had while they were grinding for the newly released gear. Battlemaster had long been removed from the game. You can't expect to use gear that's over a year old in any progression based MMO. All your commendations from the various planets have been converted to planetary comms which can be used to buy level 58 purple armorings/mods/etc from the makeb commendation vendor, which bolster really well. Use those to replace your BM armorings/mods/etc and pick up some cheap earpiece/implants/relics from the GTN. Don't wear anything with expertise. Save your comms for when you hit 55 and start buying conquerer. The good thing about bolster is that there's a minimal gear gap when you hit 55, and you can still be plenty competitive while you grind for new gear.

Foambreaker
11.07.2013 , 01:38 PM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by varietasplus View Post
If bolster was inplemented, why wasn't expertise removed from Battlemaster gear?

I tried to play PVP with an alt that is still level50 with Battlemaster gear, but my health remains 25k only.
If expertise was removed from War Hero, why did it remain on the Battlemaster?

I do not have comms I could exchange PVE gear with and in a certain way it is absurd that I would need to buy green or blue items that are significantly worse than my BM (on the fleet), so that those might become better in WZ.
I worked for that BM set and I think it should be superior to all but WH below level55.
It is not right that one's efforts are undone like this.

Any hints how to solve this gear issue?
Just dump the battlemaster gear, you would have better stats in PvE gear sub-55.

Twin
11.07.2013 , 02:40 PM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by Capt_Beers View Post
I would imagine their reasoning was that by the time they implemented the new bolster system BM gear had been out of the game for some time. Since wasn't available anymore I guess they didn't see the need to fix it. Pretty short sighted, but certainly not totally unreasonable. They were under a ton of pressure since PvP was basically completely broken when 2.0 went live. So they fixed all the relevant gear in their minds, which BTW removing the expertise was probably a last minute, last resort type of fix, and left out BM to save some time.

I don't agree with how they did things at all but I can see why they did it. Get some planetary comms, find a list of lowbie heroics that award them and farm them that way, and get some Makeb mods, the bolster pretty well.
They haven't even removed expertise from the lowbie weapons that are being sold from the current pvp vendor. Which has been pointed out several times, by myself among others. Plain bad and ignorant imo.
TWINMOON
"Click my -Referral Link- below for some helpful rewards
http://www.swtor.com/r/kBLBlJ
Reward Info: http://www.swtor.com/info/friends