Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Snipers and Operatives need to be nerfed, here's why.

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes
Snipers and Operatives need to be nerfed, here's why.

Cordorian
11.28.2013 , 08:48 AM | #41
You assassin even have mezz on a 14 s CD and 4s hard stun with 10 range and can shroud lift (so you basically cant interupt them) you. But if it was an assassin he would probably have stunlocked you to death anyway, with their massive burst, instead of going for the ninja.

In all fairness operatives have excellent CC, but without it the broken dps specs (in pvp) would be even more useless than they currently are, but yeah that only really become apparently at level 55 when the crit nerf comes to full glory.

And to repeat the already given hint, be careful with the breaker. only use it if it is absolutely necessary. If you are note guarding as a sentinel (and i sometimes have to too) use the zap to call the incoming and see what is happening. If he tries to cap, check how much time he does have to complete, only break if the stun doesnt wear off before that (chances are that there is another stealther, but in that situation it probably lost anyway). sometimes they dont start capping... this is brilliant because they will stun you again after the first one wears off... dont break that one as well (as long as they arent capping)... i have seen people trying this a third time NOW you are full resolve he has to attack and cant stun you anymore, awe and hopefully some of your team arrive and sorted.
So again :
1) call
2) see what happens, only break if the stun doesnt wear off before he can complete capping
3) laugh at how bad some ninjas are at doing their job.
4) try to avoid not guarding on a sentinel , let a scoundrel do it

Philelectric
11.28.2013 , 09:00 AM | #42
I forgot about this talent in the concealment tree.

Tear dropper: All you CC abilities have a 1%/2%/3% chance to make your oppenent QQ and 0.5%/1%/1.5% chance to make your opponent unsub.
Guarding a healer is not only the job the the skill ''guard''. It is also your job to stay around the healer to be a plague for the people attacking the healer.

Cordorian
11.28.2013 , 09:04 AM | #43
Quote: Originally Posted by Philelectric View Post
I forgot about this talent in the concealment tree.

Tear dropper: All you CC abilities have a 1%/2%/3% chance to make your oppenent QQ and 0.5%/1%/1.5% chance to make your opponent unsub.
this that one was nerfed in 1.2

Mistress_Ivi
11.28.2013 , 07:24 PM | #44
Snipers are THE anti-melee class in the game. Deal with it.

You meet a derp sniper(gunsligner) you can outdps them anyday.

You want to screw a sniper up? Ask a Madness Sorc (or Repub mirror) to land some dots on them, they don't like it.
Former SWG Player and Bloody Proud of it!

Cordorian
11.29.2013 , 02:44 AM | #45
Quote: Originally Posted by Mistress_Ivi View Post
Snipers are THE anti-melee class in the game. Deal with it.

You meet a derp sniper(gunsligner) you can outdps them anyday.

You want to screw a sniper up? Ask a Madness Sorc (or Repub mirror) to land some dots on them, they don't like it.
When you can't LOS a sniper he is a living nightmare. This is difficult for melee without stealth. I don't know on which level the OPs sent is, but it definitely gets better once you get Force Camo, but still snipers are your antidode and i hate them with passion when i play my sent. And yeah Madness i got against them, but only the the environment allows it. Lethality on the operative works okishly well as well.

Hyrune
11.29.2013 , 05:15 AM | #46
Wait a sec.
A Marauder can clearly deal with a sniper.
One need to know when the defensive CDs should be used. (and I mean all the defensive CDs including Obfuscate and Cloak of Pain which are hardly ever used by the many badies playing that class)

ShadessaWayland
12.01.2013 , 11:15 PM | #47
as a full healer Opertive i dont see how OP i am
most player all come after me maby am to cute looking

so i dont think Opertive is that OP
in my few what i see in pvp is that SORC and CON are way more op then sniper and Opertive

soldierofheaven
12.02.2013 , 12:00 AM | #48
Quote: Originally Posted by ShadessaWayland View Post
as a full healer Opertive i dont see how OP i am
most player all come after me maby am to cute looking

so i dont think Opertive is that OP
in my few what i see in pvp is that SORC and CON are way more op then sniper and Opertive
I have a healer Operative and they are OP without a doubt. I only got to level 44 but I didn't feel the desire to level a class that is pretty much a one trick pony, with a fluffy dot spec and a ninja spec with mediocre DMG.

I think the Sniper could use a some fiddling around though. It has the DMG, CC, and Immunity. The only trade off is its a static class. Someone said the sniper is a thinking mans class, and it takes a thinking man to counter it. The latter is true, but the former seems like a load of bull. Considering you cant be interrupted without someone using their CC, and your energy management is a breeze the only thing you have to worry about is rotation. How much thinking does it take to vulture around the battle and pick people off ?

Healing Op 44 - Sar'en
ST Vanguard 55 - Mal'akhi
Arse Merc 55 - Ty'sin

FullMetalJew
12.06.2013 , 08:07 AM | #49
Classic Pub blaming the Imperials for their bad playing. Not my fault you can't stop a couple stuns off a class. My main is a Sniper and I enjoy killing silly little Sentinels like you. I also ate a Vanguard for breakfast today. Your points are invalid and should feel invalid.

If we are on the same server I hope I kill you in a firey explosion. And I hope your Valor gets reset when so, you wouldent have 20 valor if it was based on skill.
Cassos- Sniper Level 55
Shal- Sorceror Level 55

Bergan Colony-The Empire of Dread

Fallerup
12.06.2013 , 09:54 PM | #50
simple solution to all QQ PvP problems that will not affect PvE much:

give every class a "Hydraulic Overrides" ability that Bounty hunters have, problem solved without F'ing up PvE. If every class gets this, there wll be no reason to whine about CC ever again. This is also why you don't see Bounty Hunters and Troopers whining about CC.

Edit: this might also be why you don't have any problems on your vanguard

Quote: Originally Posted by soldierofheaven View Post
I think the Sniper could use a some fiddling around though. It has the DMG, CC, and Immunity. The only trade off is its a static class. Someone said the sniper is a thinking mans class, and it takes a thinking man to counter it. The latter is true, but the former seems like a load of bull. Considering you cant be interrupted without someone using their CC, and your energy management is a breeze the only thing you have to worry about is rotation. How much thinking does it take to vulture around the battle and pick people off ?
it really depends on your spec. Engineering/Sabotage spec has no energy problems, but doesn't pack the same punch as Marksman/sharpshooter does. It requires little skill as well. That said, I like it. Lethality however, reguires skill to play, since energy management becomes a problem, unless you know how to play. Can't jugde MM/SS atm. its been a long time since I played it. So don't paint all Snipers/GS with the same brush, its not fair
Gagota Class: Arsenal Mercenary
Member Of
Dark Brotherhood
Server: Tomb Of Freedon nadd EU