Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Snipers and Operatives need to be nerfed, here's why.

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes
Snipers and Operatives need to be nerfed, here's why.

MasonMc
11.01.2013 , 01:35 AM | #1
Yeah I know, sorry Slingers and Scoundrels. But guys come on... This class is so OP. Okay, I play as a Sentinel right now. And the amount of stuns this class has insane. So myself and another guy were playing Hypergate, this Operative stuns me once, okay, cool I can deal with that. So I pop resolute. Then he throws down a flashbang or whatever the F it is. Stuns both the Sage and I that were guarding the pylon, and is able to cap it while we're still stunned... That is crazy.

Then the same match, I was running away from the pylon because it was about to reset, this jerk stuns me once, I pop resolute, and he stuns me again right after... There was nothing I could do and the pylon killed me.. Like what BS is that? What? He just gets a free cheap kill? How unfair.

And Snipers... Oh don't even get me started with them. Okay so basic, you run up to them (Save the force leap for later because they'll knock you back) They knock you back, as expected. Can't move for like 6 seconds, by that point they've shot me once and 1/3 of my health is gone, okay cool. Then I force leap them. They stun me for like another 6 seconds. So I pop resolute. And he slows my movement speed down again and it takes me another 5 seconds to reach him by walking. And by that point I'm already dead... And that is how EVERY battle goes with them. And they can be immune to all stuns and interrupts for 20 seconds.. Like come on..

Like come on guys.. this is so unfair, please tell me at least someone agrees with me :C This is pissing me off.
Oh and please don't just say I'm bad at PvP, I'm fairly good. Got a 55 Vanguard with 54 Valor..

Siorac
11.01.2013 , 03:12 AM | #2
Yeah, stop attacking Snipers head-on with a Sentinel. Probably the stupidest thing you can do. Let the stealthies deal with them or Sorcs to dot them up then run away (and make them pay). Or if you're dead set on attacking them, use the environment to your advantage, don't forget about Camo and Saber Ward... you have tools though I repeat, Snipers are designed to kill non-stealth melee. That's how it is.

Operatives have one four-second stun, a 1.5 second knockdown if they're specced Concealment and an 8-second AoE mezz (shared with Snipers) that breaks on damage. The latter is extremely frustrating, I know, and very powerful for objective play but so is Awe...

Valor rank does not equal skill, it depends on nothing but the amount of games played.

MasonMc
11.01.2013 , 03:17 AM | #3
I don't run straight up to them, lets say if they're guarding an objective. Or something like that. And yeah, I know Valor doesn't measure skill. I'm just saying I have enough experience to know what I'm talking about.

ishbindeinvater
11.01.2013 , 04:32 AM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by MasonMc View Post
I don't run straight up to them, lets say if they're guarding an objective. Or something like that. And yeah, I know Valor doesn't measure skill. I'm just saying I have enough experience to know what I'm talking about.
you dont.

why do you use your stun breaker on the first stun?

and you are talking about operatives. a sniper would not stun and capture, he would kill you and capture :-)

really its a l2p issue!

an operative is far from OP
ICH BIN DEIN VAAAATEERRRRR !!!!!!!!!!!

Haystak
11.01.2013 , 04:54 AM | #5
1: sentinels are the worst class to guard a node, hands down, the worst.
2: Dont break first cc, ever, 4 second stun(looks like a kick to the jimmy, or your toon getting electrocuted by a knife.) doesnt help with objectives too much, its mostly used to get a few free hits, flash bang is more for healing/objective capping.
3: when you got stunned twice in a row from stealth, that was sleep dart, try not to use a CC break on either flashbang or sleep dart unless you have to. In your current situation, dying by the pylon blast is no big deal, no one benefits from it as far as I can tell.

Dying happens in pvp, your still in the learning bracket so you might feel godlike sometimes since your playing against people who dont use a lot of the abilities available to them(or simply dont have all the abilities because they are low level), but once you get to the 55 bracket your going to realize that breaking every cc that comes your way is a quick way to end up dead. You will also slowly learn the different CCs available to classes, and what stuns to break.

If this was a troll post...it kind of seems like one, i hope you die a slow death of kidney failure.
Airwolf -55-Scoundrel
Mcrose -55-Shadow
Makros -55-Marauder
Mac-Ros -55-Vangaurd

SitHamster
11.01.2013 , 04:24 PM | #6
but aren't most of the highest dps powers long to load? all these stuns are here to balance that

benovide
11.01.2013 , 06:29 PM | #7
What the heck did I just read?

Keleus
11.02.2013 , 11:08 AM | #8
In a very real sense though, Operatives are a bit overpowered lol
ị█████{||}▓▓▓▓|Ξ|/██████████████████████████████████)

Sideblaze
11.02.2013 , 02:45 PM | #9
Snipers are your counter class. Deal with it. You have a 90% accuracy reducer, if you get close after the shockwave, use it.

You got owned by an operative as a sentinel? You really suck.

Sideblaze
11.02.2013 , 02:46 PM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by Keleus View Post
In a very real sense though, Operatives are a bit overpowered lol
And the "Tard of the year" goes to...